Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Carl Nassib is the NFL's first active openly gay player

Foxx

I could give a shit if a football player is gay. What I do give a shit about is how hard Goodell, the league, and fans are going to play this dude like a harp from hell.

You know Goodell can't wait to have refs throwing rainbow flags after he picks one NFL week to celebrate the alphabet community. 

And hey...at Hammer's Lot, instead of Bills fans jumping through tables, they'll get together before the game and discuss the proper way to set a table while gently playing a version of the Shout! song sung by Liza Minelli.

Go BIlls.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

I could give a shit if a football player is gay. What I do give a shit about is how hard Goodell, the league, and fans are going to play this dude like a harp from hell.

You know Goodell can't wait to have refs throwing rainbow flags after he picks one NFL week to celebrate the alphabet community. 

And hey...at Hammer's Lot, instead of Bills fans jumping through tables, they'll get together before the game and discuss the proper way to set a table while gently playing a version of the Shout! song sung by Liza Minelli.

Go BIlls.

dude, i am okay with just about any take...but disparage this? Get the hell of my forum!!!

• Wow 1

Solid player. Hopefully the media doesn't ruin it for him.

As an aside, I was the biggest Ryan Nassib defender ATOP. I died on that hill countless times. I still thing he could have been a good QB. 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

dude, i am okay with just about any take...but disparage this? Get the hell of my forum!!!

I’m fond of a nice Cabernet, but I guess that’s not quite the same.

Like with most things, change is gradual. This will be less of a shitstorm because it’s not “the first time”, but I wish it was not even making the news.  Live and let live. 

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

This will be less of a shitstorm because it’s not “the first time”, but I wish it was not even making the news.  Live and let live. 

See, for me, the first thing I thought was “why is this news?” 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 3

I do love the contribution for mental health in a HUGE way. We had a friend in FL who was told by his father “I’d rather have a dead son than a gay son.”  How horrible can that be???

I could care less that he is gay.

The more important aspect to me is that he is donating $100,000 to charity.

The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to the LGBTQ+ community. 

Good luck to him.

• Like 7

Alaska Darin

All lies.  Marsha is clearly the first openly gay player, not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
18 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m fond of a nice Cabernet, but I guess that’s not quite the same.

Like with most things, change is gradual. This will be less of a shitstorm because it’s not “the first time”, but I wish it was not even making the news.  Live and let live. 

It’s not being made news by “hate groups”, it’s being made news by Nassib and agenda drivers. Bear in mind that he didn’t come out to his teammates, coaching staff, friends, and family. He came out on social media. His entire point was to make this news.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It’s not being made news by “hate groups”, it’s being made news by Nassib and agenda drivers. Bear in mind that he didn’t come out to his teammates, coaching staff, friends, and family. He came out on social media. His entire point was to make this news.

I think we have to wait and see to know that for sure. I would want to be in control of the narrative and be proactive, but that’s just me. If he drops it and just goes about life I’ll be pleased. 

If he wants the spotlight to stay on him, that would be disappointing. The fact that he gave $100k toward mental health for those struggling with this issue makes me give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

We had a gay friend in Florida who’s father told him “I’d rather have a dead son than a gay son.”  What kind of person would say that to his son? He struggled, and I appreciate anyone who gives that kind of financial support. 

• Like 1