Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Are there really 44 players better than Stefon Diggs?

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

Stefon Diggs showed J.C. Jackson what it takes to be a No. 1 cornerback in  the NFL

Pro Football Focus somehow found 44 players in the NFL better than Bills' Stefon Diggs

Stefon Diggs led the NFL with 127 catches in 2020 while also being the man targeted most. He led the league in receiving yards (1,535), too, and no one was within 100 yards. 

Diggs, in his first season with the Bills, was among nine players with at least five catches of 40 or more yards. 

Diggs was, without question, among the best receivers in the league in 2020. 

But when the analytics website Pro Football Focus made its list of the Top 50 players in the NFL, Diggs was behind 44 other players.

Make sense? Maybe. The list, according to PFF, is a projection of what the website thinks will happen in the future. After not appearing on the list in 2019, Diggs appears to be heading in the right direction.

https://buffalonews.com/bn-blitz-are-there-really-44-players-better-than-stefon-diggs/article_e603dc60-d31d-11eb-9ff7-b79f12eb0fe1.html

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I honestly can't say I have watched all of the guys on their list. We have two of the top 45 players (Josh is #40). I'm happy about that. Plus it just gives Diggs more motivation.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Do White, Poyer, and/or Hyde make the list as they continue to be announced?

• Like 1

They had Christian McCaffrey, who didn't even play last year, at 30. They have Russel Wilson at 22.  This list is "interesting,"  or a hot mess. Take your pick. 

Alaska Darin

The list is like the Pro Bowl...it's a popularity contest.

There isn't ONE player in the NFL I'd currently trade Josh Allen for straight up.   That says ALL you need to know about where that dude should be ranked.

Diggs?  I could think of 10 to 20 guys maybe.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 8:50 AM, Ann said:

They finished the list. They have Marsha at 7th.  :classic_blink: :classic_blink: and :classic_blink:

"Entire body of work?" This guy is a doof, and it shows that anyone can make a list for clicks. Someone who is great now may not have been great five years ago, and conversely someone who was the bestest five years may not be so wonderful now.