Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Football is coming— countdown to opening day

plenzmd1

36 minutes ago, Nanker said:

He was a big player.  It took a long time to come up with a replacement to fill the hole he left here. 

If he ever had a real QB throwing him the ball, he would have been an perennial all pro, if not a HoF player.

1 hour ago, Koko said:

If he ever had a real QB throwing him the ball, he would have been an perennial all pro, if not a HoF player.

On his final play of his career he caught a TD pass from Jim Kelly and shattered his ankle in the process. What might have been...

Beer__League__Hockey
3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Another great 80!

if someone can tell me the name of the play in the video starting at about 1:30 in the embedded video, I got your first beer at the stadium whatever game you come to. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalowdown.com/2021/05/27/every-buffalo-bills-scorigami-game/amp/5/

You mean something like this? From the video it looked like Jerry Butler ran that sort of route opposite of the QB rollout.  Every team has a variation of this and always runs it from the 10 yard line for some reason.

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

You mean something like this? From the video it looked like Jerry Butler ran that sort of route opposite of the QB rollout.  Every team has a variation of this and always runs it from the 10 yard line for some reason.

Sorry I was not very good at conveying what I meant! 

end of the first half, there is what we call today a “ Hail Mary” that Butler catches for a touchdown. 

the Bills called it something else,,, something I still use today! 

anyone know what is is without looking it up? 

Beer__League__Hockey
14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

end of the first half, there is what we call today a “ Hail Mary” that Butler catches for a touchdown. 

Gotcha, that predates me by a few years.  I remember Steve Freeman, but that is my extent of early 80s Bills teams.  It wasn't until Kelly arrived when I was old enough (10) to understand what was happening.

16 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Big Ben. 

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Big Ben. 

Ding ding ding ! We have a winner! No one knows that! 

You my friend have a stadium beer coming your way! Just let me know what game ya coming to ! 

as @Augie and @Seasons1992 know, I get in the stadium early so easy to meet up!

I may be wrong, but think that was the first year that it was legal for two offensive players to touch the ball consecutively on a forwards pass , rule was a reaction to the Immaculate Reception ! Man, I remember going nuts that day for the top row when that play happened. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Ding ding ding ! We have a winner! No one knows that! 

You my friend have a stadium beer coming your way! Just let me know what game ya coming to ! 

as @Augie and @Seasons1992 know, I get in the stadium early so easy to meet up!

I may be wrong, but think that was the first year that it was legal for two offensive players to touch the ball consecutively on a forwards pass , rule was a reaction to the Immaculate Reception ! Man, I remember going nuts that day for the top row when that play happened. 

I suggest @Nanker use extreme caution if this meet up is arranged for a certain remote restroom. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GG1 said:

If the BS twitter isn't going to do a true Bills player countdown to opening day, I'll offer this for  Day -79

ruben-brown.jpg

Bad things in store for tomorrow...