Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Alumni News & Misc

GG1

Hey @IDBillzFan did you get Losman's autograph?

Ironman in Idaho

As J.P. Losman sauntered through Coeur d'Alene City Park on Thursday after finishing the Ironman check-in process, an employee of the grueling and world-famous triathlon offered a familiar salutation.

"Good luck on Sunday," a woman told Losman as he walked his bike around vendor booths a stone's throw from Lake Coeur d'Alene and the beach's heavy foot traffic.

Losman, an offensive assistant coach at college football powerhouse Clemson, had a bout of deja vu.

• Like 2

Who wore 77? I've got Jim Jeffcoat, Ty Nseke, Cordy Glenn and Bob Hicks but was there a more prominent member who wore that number?

17 hours ago, GG1 said:

Hey @IDBillzFan did you get Losman's autograph?

Ironman in Idaho

As J.P. Losman sauntered through Coeur d'Alene City Park on Thursday after finishing the Ironman check-in process, an employee of the grueling and world-famous triathlon offered a familiar salutation.

"Good luck on Sunday," a woman told Losman as he walked his bike around vendor booths a stone's throw from Lake Coeur d'Alene and the beach's heavy foot traffic.

Losman, an offensive assistant coach at college football powerhouse Clemson, had a bout of deja vu.

I was always a JP fan, but i am fan of whoever is the QB! Always though JP was a good dude.

And,  always respect folks who can get this done. I have done several halfs...but the training required for a full Ironman is just exponentially tougher both physically but more important  mentally. 

Weird that article said he was issued a bike....that sounds crazy to me. I mean you cant put in 100's or even 1000's of hours on a bike, fitted just perfect for your body...and then go to a race and get issued some generic bike....something off there.

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Who wore 77? I've got Jim Jeffcoat, Ty Nseke, Cordy Glenn and Bob Hicks but was there a more prominent member who wore that number?

was Ben Williams 77?

(edit..yes he is...)

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Thank you!

i am old!!!!

BTW, i am pretty confident the Bills Hail Mary play , what the Bills called their Big Ben play in the late 70's, was named after Big Ben Willimas!

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

18 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Oh, shit. I may have to turn into a stalker. Would love to run into him and get an autograph.

Lemme guess... a shorts and visor kinda thing?

:peep:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

was Ben Williams 77?

(edit..yes he is...)

You of all people should have known Big Ben was 77

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

You of all people should have known Big Ben was 77

i was 99% certain...but at my age you question ALL memories!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

"

Jim Kelly continues to inspire kids at annual football camp

Jim Kelly loves the opportunity to still be a quarterback - even if it's just tossing the ball to kids at his annual football camp.

Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly hosted his Jim Kelly Football Camp this week at Highmark Stadium. 

The camp started in 1988 and has been a pillar for youth football in Buffalo since its inception. Unfortunately, the camp was canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but Kelly was excited to be back throwing with the campers again after the year off. 

"I'll tell you what, just to be out here with the kids, I love it, Kelly told the media. "I live for this every year. I love doing it."

</snip>

Jim Kelly: Josh Allen will break all of my Bills records
Kevin Patra
Around the NFL Writer

</snip>

Kelly said he was convinced even before Allen's MVP-caliber 2020 campaign that the QB finally stopped the revolving door. Finally, the Bills found their franchise signal-caller.

"There's no doubt," Kelly told the team's official website. "I mean if he's gone, I don't know who is or who it's going to be. He just has to be consistent. And I know him well enough to know that the kid can play. If you can get the right material around him, which I think he has, and the offensive line gives him time to throw things will be awesome. And talk about my records, I knew before last season started that those records aren't going to stay around very long."

</snip>

• Like 1

Former Bill Eric Moulds gives back to WNY by coaching at Monday Night Lights Skills Camp

</snip>

Tonight, these kids are learning from the best, not only from local high school coaches from around Western New York, but also from former Bills receiver Eric Moulds.

“I just wanted to get involved, I knew I would be in town so I talked to Coach Overton, we’ve been in communication for the last few years before COVID hit and I told him ‘If I get a chance to come back to Buffalo, let’s put a camp together and work with kids in the area,'” former Bills wide receiver Eric Moulds said. “I live in Charlotte and I work with a lot of athletes, I’ve gotten about 150 kids in the area scholarships so I wanted to come up in the city I had the most success in, the city that I had the best time of my life in and help some of the kids and give back again.”

</snip>

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ummmm

(The Athletic is a paid site)

NFL 100: At No. 41, O.J. Simpson ‘prayed for fame’ — no matter the cost

O.J. Simpson is halfway through his second Bloody Mary when he turns philosophical.

Exasperated and laughing, his brow furrows and his palms flip upward.

“How many Americans, even today, wouldn’t like to live my life?” Simpson asks. “I don’t work. I play golf four or five days a week. I go out to dinner a couple of nights with friends. People want to buy me drinks. I’m always taking pictures with people. Ladies hug me.

“People truly care for me. You don’t know who truly cares about you until you’ve gone through some serious stuff, and I’ve gone through serious stuff. The media won’t say it, but that is my life. I’m living a good life now.”

</snip>

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...