Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills named one of the NFL five 'most complete teams'

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills Preview: Scouting Buffalo

The goal of the Buffalo Bills this offseason was to keep the band together. General manager Brandon Beane did just that.

The Bills found a way to re-sign key free agents such as Matt Milano, Jon Feliciano and Daryl Williams this spring. For the most part, their roster that advanced to the AFC Championship game in 2020 is coming back.

Thanks to Beane’s efforts, the Bills appeared on a very welcomed list on NFL.com recently. Ranking five “most complete teams” in the league currently, the Bills rounded out the list at No. 5 overall.

At the top of the poll is a bit of a surprise, though. The Browns are called the NFL’s most complete roster following their offseason additions. After the Browns, respectively, are the Bucs, Chiefs and Chargers.

Of the four ahead of the Bills, the most head-scratching would be the Browns and Chargers. But the good news, is by comparison, the Bills have proven it a bit more than both of those teams.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/26/buffalo-bills-nfl-five-most-complete-teams/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Of the four ahead of the Bills, the most head-scratching would be the Browns and Chargers. But the good news, is by comparison, the Bills have proven it a bit more than both of those teams.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/26/buffalo-bills-nfl-five-most-complete-teams/

The Browns lack a great QB but otherwise, they are stacked. 

I think Herbert is gonna be great. Will he show progress in year 2 or have a slight setback? 🤷‍♀️  No idea if Cincy will regret not taking him (Burrow's injury was tough), but thank goodness Miami went with Tua over him. 

• Like 1

You Dirty Rat
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

The Browns lack a great QB but otherwise, they are stacked. 

I think Herbert is gonna be great. Will be show progress in year 2 or have a slight setback? 🤷‍♀️  No idea if Cincy will regret not taking him (Burrow's injury was tough), but thank goodness Miami went with Tua over him. 

There is no way I offer Baker big money. You could be stuck with that guy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Yeah, his contract is gonna be interesting, and I agree on being stuck with him although he did have a very good second half to 2020. Does Mayfield wait and see what Josh and Lamar Jackson get? Those two are the cream of the 2018 QB class. Does Baker try and get the first contract so he isn't negotiating down from what they receive? Set the floor?

You Dirty Rat
13 minutes ago, Ann said:

Yeah, his contract is gonna be interesting, and I agree on being stuck with him although he did have a very good second half to 2020. Does Mayfield wait and see what Josh and Lamar Jackson get? Those two are the cream of the 2018 QB class. Does Baker try and get the first contract so he isn't negotiating down from what they receive? Set the floor?

I spend a lot of time in Cleveland and its pretty well known Baker is not well liked in the locker room.  25 mil is the ceiling IMO

Edited by HOUSE
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

I spend a lot of time in Cleveland and its pretty well known Baker is not well liked in the locker room.  25 mil is the ceiling IMO

Because he's a tool or not "the guy"?

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2021 at 10:30 AM, HOUSE said:

He’s maturing slowly, slowly.  If he ever settles in to the position, they would do well to keep him. Otherwise, it is spin the wheel for his replacement. I think that based on the Browns’ awful QB search that took about 20 years they are more apt to keep him even “as is”. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 9:41 AM, Ann said:

The league has a long history of overpaying QB's.  Baker's pretty good.  Good enough IMO for some NFL GM to overpay him handsomely for years.  He'll get a fortune IMO when it happens. 

9 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

The league has a long history of overpaying QB's.  Baker's pretty good.  Good enough IMO for some NFL GM to overpay him handsomely for years.  He'll get a fortune IMO when it happens. 

Probably so. I don't think Baker Mayfield is bad, he's just not great.  They'll be tied to him soon because what's the alternative?

Alaska Darin
17 hours ago, snafu said:

He’s maturing slowly, slowly.  If he ever settles in to the position, they would do well to keep him. Otherwise, it is spin the wheel for his replacement. I think that based on the Browns’ awful QB search that took about 20 years they are more apt to keep him even “as is”. 

I'll believe that when dude shows up not looking like Billy Kilmer's illegitimate grand kid.  Lose some weight, fat boy.

• Wow 1