Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Where are you from? Update 1/23/21 - in case anyone want to chime in.

mead107

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Where Rte 20 intersects with Rte 98.  Got it.

You win $1 from each resident. Don’t spend your $500 all in one place. 

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You win $1 from each resident. Don’t spend your $500 all in one place. 

Too bad Barber Conable is not around anymore.  He spoke to a business class I was in while at Cornell.  He said send him a letter anytime.  No address required other than Barber Conable and Alexander, NY.  He would get it.  Better than most of the post offices I've had to deal with.  

56 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Too bad Barber Conable is not around anymore.  He spoke to a business class I was in while at Cornell.  He said send him a letter anytime.  No address required other than Barber Conable and Alexander, NY.  He would get it.  Better than most of the post offices I've had to deal with.  

Ha. I could send a letter to Mary in Alexander and mom would get it. Seriously. Barber planted trees in town one year. The one in front of our house died. My mom told Barber it’s because my mom and dad were Democrats. 

7 minutes ago, Just Joshin said:

In the summer Dalton NY in southern Livingston county.

In the winter Flatonia Texas in central Texas.

I dated a woman from neighboring Nunda over 30 years ago.  The one and only woman I dated that carry a gun in her purse.  I was simultaneously impressed and a tad bit concerned.  A time where nearly all people around WNY were not carrying "concealed" so to speak.

Oakfield, NY.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Alexander NY. The first person to tell me where that is without cheating wins a prize. 

One of our rivals when I was there.

Born in Southern California to parents from Buffalo who moved to CA for a few years, and then, moved back to Buffalo!  Who does that? 

Seems now like they were smart, way ahead of their time. 

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Born in Southern California to parents from Buffalo who move to CA for a few years, and then, moved back to Buffalo!  Who does that? 

Seems now like they were smart, way ahead of their time. 

No shit dude.  You did it backwards. I was born in WNY and moved to SoCal in 1983. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Alexander NY. The first person to tell me where that is without cheating wins a prize. 

Really.  Used to drive through there once a month or so from Buffalo area to Dansville while working for a used car dealer when I was young.  Route took us through Pavillion, then Mt. Morris. 

Edited by Ninety-4

9 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Oakfield, NY.

One of our rivals when I was there.

Oakfield/Alabama. I think I was 18 before I realized that was two different towns.  We drove through Alabama and I was “what the??!!”

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oakfield/Alabama. I think I was 18 before I realized that was two different towns.  We drove through Alabama and I was “what the??!!”

At least neither of us were from Elba. Bunch of Godless savages.

12 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Really.  Used to drive through there once a month or so from Buffalo area to Dansville while working for a used car dealer when I was young.  Route took us through Pavillion, then Mt. Morris. 

Hoped you didn’t blink.  

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Mucklands. 

Or Attica. 😬

Several years ago while 98 was being redone in downtown Attica the detour went out by the prison.

16 hours ago, AZ. said:

Getzville, NY

I am from West Seneca originally. 

I now live in Derry NH

My Aunt/Cousins are from Getzville.  Many good memories Hanging out at Elmos and when I moved south, at the Zoar Valley Tavern.

47 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Several years ago while 98 was being redone in downtown Attica the detour went out by the prison.

As a kid the height of summer vacation was sitting on the front porch and watching them stop cars and search for escape prisoners.  

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bdutton said:

I am from West Seneca originally. 

I now live in Derry NH

My Aunt/Cousins are from Getzville.  Many good memories Hanging out at Elmos and when I moved south, at the Zoar Valley Tavern.

Last I was in Getzville was '83, so if either place was there at the time I don't remember them. I used to go to the Pine Lodge (on Millersport) a lot, and our family used to get the fish fry at Stockman's Tavern in Swormville frequently. There just weren't many places nearby to go back then. We used to pile in the car and go downtown quite a bit. I remember places like No Name's, Eduardo's, and the infamous Cassidy's (Freddie's special! Wooo!). 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, Westside said:

The badlands of churchville....

Me too. Well, I grew up there. Now I live outside Columbia, SC. 

• Cheers 1