Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Super Bowl or Bust!

Ann

The Athletic (paid site) had a survey about Buffalo's season (I forgot most of my answers :classic_blush:). Super Bowl or Bust seems to be a theme...

2. What needs to happen for the Bills season to be considered a success?

(That says 1527 responses under my generated pin button)

save.JPG.d6f0acab35b48f00c8f01787094555cd.JPG

This result is one of the most eye-opening of the exercise. Over 60 percent of fans filling out the survey said the season won’t be a success unless they are one of the final two teams, and 16 percent of that group will only define a successful season as the franchise’s first Super Bowl victory. Almost 94 percent of voters have a successful season being at least another berth in the AFC Championship Game. These expectations likely haven’t been seen in Buffalo since the Super Bowl years in the early 90s.

2 hours ago, Ann said:

This kinda talk has always made me nervous in the past, but for this team, it is simply the next step, and why so many think it is what a successful season will be. 

What the Bills "need to do"...

I promise this is not a misogynistic take, but i just cannot listen to Maddy Glab. Her language and tone implies teenager to me...much like Nate Geary is un-listenable to me as well . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I promise this is not a misogynistic take, but i just cannot listen to Maddy Glab. Her language and tone implies teenager to me...much like Nate Geary is un-listenable to me as well . 

Beth Mowins is someone I cannot listen to, her voice is painful. Stevie Nicks voice hurts my ears. Cris Collinsworth is unbearable to listen to... ok, that's more because he's an insufferable ass than anything to do with his voice.  Point is, it happens. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

Beth Mowins is someone I cannot listen to, her voice is painful. Stevie Nicks voice hurts my ears. Cris Collinsworth is unbearable to listen to... ok, that's more because he's an insufferable ass than anything to do with his voice.  Point is, it happens. 

see, i like Mowins and Collinsworth! 

Fansince88
6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

For a moment I thought GBID had joined the board....

Who?

18 hours ago, Ann said:

Suzyn Waldman!!! Nothing more shrill than her @plenzmd1 Yes, Im a Mets fan so I hate all things Yankees anyway but man, That makes that team harder to listen to on the radio

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Who?

I think he was referring to GoBillsInDallas. On another note, kudos to the MD gimp for posting a clean but provocative picture of the alternative to the lack of a Super Bowl win. 

11 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Who?

Suzyn Waldman!!! Nothing more shrill than her @plenzmd1 Yes, Im a Mets fan so I hate all things Yankees anyway but man, That makes that team harder to listen to on the radio

How someone with a voice that shrill and annoying could hold a job in radio remains of life's great mysteries to me. 

The last decent announcing crew the Yankees had was Bill White, Phil Rizzuto and Frank Messer.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 12:12 PM, plenzmd1 said:

see, i like Mowins and Collinsworth! 

Seriously?  You actually LIKE Mowins?  Now, here's a guy ...

😛

(And for those getting "their panties in a wad" not understanding the "here's a guy" comment, it refers to her horrendously annoying shtick to try to deepen her voice while doing play by play like many male announcers do.  And it also plays of Collinsworth's annoying shtick, too.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner.  😉 )

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I can still do a credible Bob Murphy line or two... "There's a deep fly ball to left center field... it's, it's it's... CAUGHT! Oh hi, Bob Murphy here! I hope Sam Champion took it easy on Mike Piazza's groin last night."

State of the 2021 Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen's team ready to take next step?
Adam Rank
NFL.com Writer

</snip>

In closing
It's here, Buffalo. A lot of times, I caution fan bases to temper their expectations (... which I rarely do when it comes to my own team). But for Bills fans, I say GO WILD. It's like when my 2-year-old boy gets on the arm of the couch and is about to do a frog splash or coffin drop onto his sister. I know I should tell him not to do it. But sometimes you just have to let them have their fun.

Alaska Darin
On 7/2/2021 at 5:13 AM, Fansince88 said:

Who?

She is very, very knowledgeable about history and the game but you're right...she's got a pretty brutal delivery.

Maddie Glab is just annoying.  There are plenty of really, really savvy women about sports who are able to do excellent interviews.  She is not one of them.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

She is very, very knowledgeable about history and the game but you're right...she's got a pretty brutal delivery.

Maddie Glab is just annoying.  There are plenty of really, really savvy women about sports who are able to do excellent interviews.  She is not one of them.

They would be a good read!