Jump to content

2021 Hurricane Season


MothersMilk
 Share

Recommended Posts

With a current barometric pressure of 1003 millibars, that's a pretty weak low, so shouldn't be too much of a storm.

Looking at the projected path in the original post, you can clearly see the impact of the Bermuda high, a semi permanent high pressure system usually centered around Bermuda this time of year. It steers these systems and prevents them from a more eastward track until it starts breaking down late Aug.

Since wind flows clockwise around a high and the Bermuda high is in it's normal place right now, the east coast is getting warm moist air pumped in from the south.

That explains the high dew points, (humidity), and warm temps.

 

For anyone interested:

https://meteorology101.com/pressure-systems/

 

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2021 at 1:25 AM, Sherpa said:

With a current barometric pressure of 1003 millibars, that's a pretty weak low, so shouldn't be too much of a storm.

Looking at the projected path in the original post, you can clearly see the impact of the Bermuda high, a semi permanent high pressure system usually centered around Bermuda this time of year. It steers these systems and prevents them from a more eastward track until it starts breaking down late Aug.

Since wind flows clockwise around a high and the Bermuda high is in it's normal place right now, the east coast is getting warm moist air pumped in from the south.

That explains the high dew points, (humidity), and warm temps.

 

For anyone interested:

https://meteorology101.com/pressure-systems/

 

 

intensity level is going down, instead of up

storm numbers were inflated to gain hurricane status to push the fear porn

big nothingburger

will get further shreded by Cuba mountains

 

Jul 3 00:00 GMT 14.4 -65.1 85 mph 995 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 03:00 GMT 14.8 -66.3 80 mph 995 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 06:00 GMT 15.5 -67.8 80 mph 998 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 09:00 GMT 16.2 -69 75 mph 998 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 12:00 GMT 16.5 -70.3 75 mph 999 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 15:00 GMT 17 -71.6 70 mph 999 mb Tropical Storm --
Jul 3 18:00 GMT 17.3 -73 70 mph 1,002 mb Tropical Storm

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MothersMilk
On 7/3/2021 at 2:51 PM, Spartacus said:

 

intensity level is going down, instead of up

storm numbers were inflated to gain hurricane status to push the fear porn

big nothingburger

will get further shreded by Cuba mountains

 

Jul 3 00:00 GMT 14.4 -65.1 85 mph 995 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 03:00 GMT 14.8 -66.3 80 mph 995 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 06:00 GMT 15.5 -67.8 80 mph 998 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 09:00 GMT 16.2 -69 75 mph 998 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 12:00 GMT 16.5 -70.3 75 mph 999 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 15:00 GMT 17 -71.6 70 mph 999 mb Tropical Storm --
Jul 3 18:00 GMT 17.3 -73 70 mph 1,002 mb Tropical Storm

 

Not exactly a nothingburger, I already know people who have lost power. No power in July in Florida truly sucks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keeping fingers crossed that our travel schedule is trailing the path by 12 hrs.   Getting the residual effect on the east coast so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Not exactly a nothingburger, I already know people who have lost power. No power in July in Florida truly sucks.

where in florida

you live in the the Keys, you need your own power supply

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Keeping fingers crossed that our travel schedule is trailing the path by 12 hrs.   Getting the residual effect on the east coast so far.


Drive safely, and if you cannot hunker down until it passes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2021 at 11:51 AM, Spartacus said:

 

intensity level is going down, instead of up

storm numbers were inflated to gain hurricane status to push the fear porn

big nothingburger

will get further shreded by Cuba mountains

 

Jul 3 00:00 GMT 14.4 -65.1 85 mph 995 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 03:00 GMT 14.8 -66.3 80 mph 995 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 06:00 GMT 15.5 -67.8 80 mph 998 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 09:00 GMT 16.2 -69 75 mph 998 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 12:00 GMT 16.5 -70.3 75 mph 999 mb Hurricane 1
Jul 3 15:00 GMT 17 -71.6 70 mph 999 mb Tropical Storm --
Jul 3 18:00 GMT 17.3 -73 70 mph 1,002 mb Tropical Storm

 

 

Yet somehow I'm sure it will be "historic", like all other weather/climate fear porn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MothersMilk
44 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

where in florida

you live in the the Keys, you need your own power supply

Tampa suburb 15 miles east.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Keeping fingers crossed that our travel schedule is trailing the path by 12 hrs.   Getting the residual effect on the east coast so far.

 

Stay safe.

The absolutely stupidest thing Mrs. snafu and I ever did was think we were skirting far enough west of a hurricane when we were driving our kids through the Carolinas. It was like a rain blizzard with flying trees and live wires.

 

 

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MothersMilk
26 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

 

Yet somehow I'm sure it will be "historic", like all other weather/climate fear porn.

Already is historic... 1st time in 134 years that a hurricane hits the tampa area this early in the season.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Tampa suburb 15 miles east.

if they lost power in Tampa already

it wasn't because of the storm

 

the outer bands haven't even got that far north yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MothersMilk
4 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

if they lost power in Tampa already

it wasn't because of the storm

 

the outer bands haven't even got that far north yet

People down south of here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

Already is historic... 1st time in 134 years that a hurricane hits the tampa area this early in the season.

 

I understand it could also be the first hurricane to hit on a Thursday during a waxing quarter moon phase when the Mets occupy first place.  Historic!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

 

I understand it could also be the first hurricane to hit on a Thursday during a waxing quarter moon phase when the Mets occupy first place.  Historic!

 

&#%$in' global warming cooling climate change!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2021 at 9:41 PM, KD in CA said:

 

I understand it could also be the first hurricane to hit on a Thursday during a waxing quarter moon phase when the Mets occupy first place.  Historic!

 

And it only took 10 years before the end of the world

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

Something new to keep an eye on (the OP pic automatically updates itself).

sounds serious

keep up the fear porn update

 

https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/atlantic

Watching a couple areas for potential development

Updated: August 9, 2021 3:00 AM EDT

 

There are currently no organized tropical systems found across the Atlantic basin, but we are monitoring a couple areas for potential development over the next few days.

 

One area of low pressure, Invest 93L, is located around 1,000 miles east of the Lesser Antilles. Potential development with this feature looks less likely as satellite imagery shows the thunderstorms associated with 93L have weakened over the last 6-12 hours.

 

The main area of concern is another low pressure area designated as Invest 94L. Satellite imagery shows that thunderstorms associated with 94L have become more robust over the last 6-12 hours. Invest 94L may organize further into a depression or storm over the next day or so. Regardless, 94L will bring some gusty winds and heavy rain to portions of the Lesser Antilles by later tonight.

 

By AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Dan Pydynowski

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MothersMilk
19 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

sounds serious

keep up the fear porn update

 

https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/atlantic

Watching a couple areas for potential development

Updated: August 9, 2021 3:00 AM EDT

 

There are currently no organized tropical systems found across the Atlantic basin, but we are monitoring a couple areas for potential development over the next few days.

 

One area of low pressure, Invest 93L, is located around 1,000 miles east of the Lesser Antilles. Potential development with this feature looks less likely as satellite imagery shows the thunderstorms associated with 93L have weakened over the last 6-12 hours.

 

The main area of concern is another low pressure area designated as Invest 94L. Satellite imagery shows that thunderstorms associated with 94L have become more robust over the last 6-12 hours. Invest 94L may organize further into a depression or storm over the next day or so. Regardless, 94L will bring some gusty winds and heavy rain to portions of the Lesser Antilles by later tonight.

 

By AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Dan Pydynowski

Keep an eye on/monitoring... what's the difference lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines