Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Hurricane Season

MothersMilk

RochesterRob
On 8/19/2021 at 8:46 AM, Foxx said:

Fred dumped a pretty good amount here in NY. Grace is the second hurricane this season, with Henry likely to become the third.

https://twitter.com/WFTV/status/1428295469000691712

Parts of the Southern Tier had too much recent rainfall before Fred hit.  Some isolated areas had over 9 inches of rain within a one week period.  The water level in the Mount Morris dam is on the increase after dropping before this week.  Far from the general devastation seen after Hurricane Agnes went through in 1972 but recent days remind me of that time.

• Like 3

On 8/19/2021 at 8:46 AM, Foxx said:

Fred dumped a pretty good amount here in NY. Grace is the second hurricane this season, with Henry likely to become the third.

https://twitter.com/WFTV/status/1428295469000691712

As of now, it looks like Henri is going to give the NE some problems. If it hits there it would be the first time since 1992. This pic will automatically update itself.

lg_aatrack.jpg

Edited by MothersMilk
  • Like 3

Ya know, National Weather Service still lists it as a Tropical Storm Warning for Southern New England and most of Long Island.  Eastern LI gets the hurricane warning for now.  We're gonna get a lot of rain and wind, for sure, one way or another. I'll spend part of the day tomorrow battening down the hatches.  I hope it bounces east, east, east, and moves through pretty quick.

• Like 1

Local news just told me that it will run through the east End of LI and into Rhode Island. Looks like a tight storm. I took everything in from my yard just in case it’s worse than forecast at this point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Right now look like Cape Cod is mostly spared, unless it moves east.

Quite the opposite. Cape Cod is on the worst quadrant of this one... the "cone" is not really the way to determine these. Stay safe!

1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

Quite the opposite. Cape Cod is on the worst quadrant of this one... the "cone" is not really the way to determine these. Stay safe!

We're back in SF now, but wifey is worried about her property in Orleans!   Guess I'll be watching the Weather Channel tomorrow.

Looks like I picked a good weekend to hightail out of NJ.   West side of Hudson Valley is getting a much lighter sprinkling than further downstate.  Looks like Weschester & Rockland got hit bad.  

Irresistible force meets immovable object is an apt description whenever storms from the Atlantic hit the NY tri-state area.  The ocean cyclone hits the Canadian westerly stream head on, and the storm just cycles over the area until one force gives up.  Henri is in a very wet holding pattern over here.

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Irresistible force meets immovable object is an apt description whenever storms from the Atlantic hit the NY tri-state area.  The ocean cyclone hits the Canadian westerly stream head on, and the storm just cycles over the area until one force gives up.  Henri is in a very wet holding pattern over here.

I just looked and its moving at ONE mile an hour... flooding in your area?

24 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

I just looked and its moving at ONE mile an hour... flooding in your area?

It's not really moving, just going in a circle with slightly diminishing rain.

Flooding in NJ but not in my neighborhood thankfully.   A bit better upstate.

CarpetCrawler
20 hours ago, GG1 said:

Looks like I picked a good weekend to hightail out of NJ.   West side of Hudson Valley is getting a much lighter sprinkling than further downstate.  Looks like Weschester & Rockland got hit bad.  

I'm in Rockland, there were heavy rains for hours, but no winds really and I'm sure there was localizes flooding, but nothing that caused any big problems or road closures. I did hear the Saw Mill River Pkwy. and Bronx River Pkwy. in Westchester were closed, but that is a very common occurance.

Overall, Tennessee got much worse.

p.s.  mostly sunny here now

4 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

This could possibly become a Cat. 5 storm... anyone who lives there or near there please take note. Yeesh

wow, looks like it is going to race across the gulf and then sit on Louisiana. 

54 minutes ago, snafu said:

wow, looks like it is going to race across the gulf and then sit on Louisiana. 

Yeah, it is. I feel badly for the folks up there. Talked to my uncle who lives in Gulfport and they are heading to Panama City. There is no outcome other than rotten.

• Like 2