Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Hurricane Season

MothersMilk

storm stronger than Katrina to hit NO, on its anniversary

coincidence?

totally natural?

or some kind of outside enhancement and directional assistance

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/29/massive-hurricane-moves-toward-new-orleans/

Sixteen years ago today, New Orleans faced dramatic and widespread devastation from Hurricane Katrina. Today, an even stronger storm is bearing down on the city.

Consider this ominous quote from University of Miami hurricane researcher Brian McNoldy, via Yahoo News: “Ida will most definitely be stronger than Katrina, and by a pretty big margin. And, the worst of the storm will pass over New Orleans and Baton Rouge, which got the weaker side of Katrina.”

Is Everything fkn twitter nowadays?

Regardless of what is being reported this one has slowed Way down and is actually trending north. So its almost like its just sitting there. Yow

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I lived in Albany in around 1980 and the remnants of a hurricane came through. 40 MPH winds and horizontal tain , then the bluest sky I had ever seen and the rain and wind ib age exact opposite direction.

1 minute ago, MothersMilk said:

Is Everything fkn twitter nowadays?

Regardless of what is being reported this one has slowed Way down and is actually trending north. So its almost like its just sitting there. Yow

We were up north when Matthew hit our Florida condo. I followed on Twitter. Twitter (rightly) takes a lot of grief for being a cesspool, but for breaking news it is unrivaled. 

33 minutes ago, Ann said:

We were up north when Matthew hit our Florida condo. I followed on Twitter. Twitter (rightly) takes a lot of grief for being a cesspool, but for breaking news it is unrivaled. 

Oh I know... but so many "posts" are just twitter links... kind of takes away from the personal side of a Bills messageboard. That's just me though.

36 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I lived in Albany in around 1980 and the remnants of a hurricane came through. 40 MPH winds and horizontal tain , then the bluest sky I had ever seen and the rain and wind ib age exact opposite direction.

Are you sure this was remnants... I mean, I believe you but that is kind of odd with just the leftovers.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

Are you sure this was remnants... I mean, I believe you but that is kind of odd with just the leftovers.

Probably David in 1979.  That and Frederic (1979) were the only hurricanes within 5 years of 1980 to come anywhere near Albany with any organization, and Frederick was significantly farther west and weaker.

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

When Andrew hit, had a tree on the south side of my apartment knocked down falling in an easterly direction and one on the north side knocked down in a westerly direction.  Friggin' wild.

And barbecue joints were doing tremendous business as they were the only ones open (the smokers didn't require electricity to run).

22 minutes ago, Taro T said:

When Andrew hit, had a tree on the south side of my apartment knocked down falling in an easterly direction and one on the north side knocked down in a westerly direction.  Friggin' wild.

And barbecue joints were doing tremendous business as they were the only ones open (the smokers didn't require electricity to run).

I went down there for a year and a half after... many 5 gallon bucket "showers". Looked like a bomb had hit. Never saw any bbq though... those were strange times.

9 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

I went down there for a year and a half after... many 5 gallon bucket "showers". Looked like a bomb had hit. Never saw any bbq though... those were strange times.

Not in FLA.  Cajun country.