Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Fort Myers streets named after NFL players Sammy Watkins, Jaylen Watkins

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

From left, brothers Jaylen and Sammy Watkins celebrate with their respective children Akello and Saliah,  Saturday morning, July 10, 2021 as two roads were named in their honor. The City of Fort Myers dedicated American Ave to Sammy Watkins and Dupree St. to Jaylen Watkins in a ceremony in the Dunbar community in Fort Myers.

Community activist Anthony Thomas and the City of Fort Myers sought to give honor where it was due in its push to rename two streets in the Dunbar community after city heroes and Super Bowl champions Jaylen and Sammy Watkins.

However, as the Watkins brothers agreed during a ceremony Saturday where the streets they grew up on were named in their honor, it may be more important the street signs serve as a symbol to the city’s youth that anything is possible with hard work.

https://www.news-press.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2021/07/10/sammy-watkins-jaylen-watkins-honored-renaming-dunbar-streets/7912910002/

• Like 2

Mike In Horseheads
5 hours ago, Foxx said:

Thanks House, never knew Sammy had a brother that was drafted.

I thought his bro was involved in a murder/drug thing?

4 hours ago, Mike In Horseheads said:

🤷‍♂️ Honestly, don't know.

23 hours ago, Mike In Horseheads said:

That's another brother, and Sammy was pretty involved in all that. Sammy was a young thug in his time in Buff

Mike In Horseheads
12 minutes ago, Boyst said:

That's another brother, and Sammy was pretty involved in all that. Sammy was a young thug in his time in Buff

Boyst and had a bad footie, of course Tyrod getting ya killed will do that

4merper4mer
9 hours ago, Mike In Horseheads said:

Boyst and had a bad footie, of course Tyrod getting ya killed will do that

I only clicked on this thread because I saw your avatar and thought you might be complaining that Spencer Watkins has no street.