Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

UFC

Foxx

9 hours ago, Foxx said:

Connor McGregor boke his leg and former NFL'er, Greg Hardy was knocked out in his first UFC fight last night.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1414081798783516673

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1414086857038651392

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1414062373527293952

Probably taste like Genny lite now

2 hours ago, Meazza said:

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy 😂

I've never paid much attention to UFC before following it last night;  is McGregor really that much of a POS or is he just a later day Ali, creating fans/dollars for his sport.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
36 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I've never paid much attention to UFC before following it last night;  is McGregor really that much of a POS or is he just a later day Ali, creating fans/dollars for his sport.

He’s a huge POS.  There’s a lot of trash talking in ufc lately but generally, the players respect each other after the fight.

That never happens with Connor. He’s a dirty POS.

Alaska Darin

I pretty much stopped watching the UFC when they sold out to Disney because...&#%$ Disney.  Watching McGregor get destroyed over and over again has been exhilarating.  I've never seen anyone get as much protection as he did on his way up. 

He dominated the 145 pound division because he's significantly larger with a longer reach than everyone (examples:  4 inch reach advantage over Aldo, 8 inch reach advantage over Mendes).  Even then, the one time he fought a wrestler (Mendes - who took the fight with virtually no notice), he got absolutely worked until Mendes gassed.  Once he stepped up and started fighting guys his own size, his lack of conditioning and all-around game was completely exposed.

He's won ONE fight since Obama was in office and that was against the very washed-up Donald Cerrone.  His last title win was over Eddie Alvarez, who is tailor made for McGregor.  I really wanted to see him fight Dos Anjos or Edgar but the UFC kept him as far away from those guys as they could, for obvious reasons.  Last night his gas tank was empty after 60 seconds and he'd have needed a miracle to even remain competitive. 

He's the NKOTB of MMA fighters.  A fighter who was only put in against guys with a minimal chance to beat him with the commensurate media slurping.  One of my favorite moments of all time was watching Khabib just crush him after Connie spent so much time trashing the guy in the media.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

On 7/11/2021 at 5:12 PM, Alaska Darin said:

I pretty much stopped watching the UFC when they sold out to Disney because...&#%$ Disney.  Watching McGregor get destroyed over and over again has been exhilarating.  I've never seen anyone get as much protection as he did on his way up. 

He dominated the 145 pound division because he's significantly larger with a longer reach than everyone (examples:  4 inch reach advantage over Aldo, 8 inch reach advantage over Mendes).  Even then, the one time he fought a wrestler (Mendes - who took the fight with virtually no notice), he got absolutely worked until Mendes gassed.  Once he stepped up and started fighting guys his own size, his lack of conditioning and all-around game was completely exposed.

He's won ONE fight since Obama was in office and that was against the very washed-up Donald Cerrone.  His last title win was over Eddie Alvarez, who is tailor made for McGregor.  I really wanted to see him fight Dos Anjos or Edgar but the UFC kept him as far away from those guys as they could, for obvious reasons.  Last night his gas tank was empty after 60 seconds and he'd have needed a miracle to even remain competitive. 

He's the NKOTB of MMA fighters.  A fighter who was only put in against guys with a minimal chance to beat him with the commensurate media slurping.  One of my favorite moments of all time was watching Khabib just crush him after Connie spent so much time trashing the guy in the media.

This is absolutely true. All of it. I also stopped watching once they sold out to ESPN. Granted, it was getting tiresome having a PPV every two weeks. It was right around that time that they began doing big fights rather than putting the best against the best. As much as I love the guy, I think Chael is a big part of why. His gift of gab was WWE-like for the first Silva fight. Then he came out and put it on Silva. He lost the fight in fifth but that's still one of my all time favorite fights.

McGregor (and Rousey) both had the same gift for selling fights, but they were protected as you said.

McGregor is a genuine piece of shit though. Even if this was played up, it's still too far.

• FANtastic 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Suga Sean O’Malley is a generational talent.

His opponent Kirk Mountinho, who took his chance (1st UFC fight), out of shape on less than 2 weeks notice, is a savage who: a) deserves more fights, and b) shouldn’t take them until after training with an established UFC team who can teach him how to offense without walking into &#%$ all night.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

TJ Dillashaw was very impressive in his win on Saturday. He might have looked the worse for wear, but he had total control of the octagon and those leg kicks added up. His footwork is just fun to watch, even on a bum knee. I was surprised he looked so good after a two year suspension.

Sondhagen has a bright future as well. It was a great fight.

• Cheers 1

For those who DO follow this sport (I'm not one of them), just a note to watch for a friend of our family, Benny Dariush. 

Great dude from our small church in CA. Been watching him progress over the years. He's now #3 in lightweight division, I'm told. He got a bit of press recently after he won a fight and used him time at the mic to tell Elon Musk he was still waiting for his Tesla, which then arrived a few days later.

Easy to cheer for the dude.

• FANtastic 1

On 7/28/2021 at 11:19 AM, IDBillzFan said:

For those who DO follow this sport (I'm not one of them), just a note to watch for a friend of our family, Benny Dariush. 

Great dude from our small church in CA. Been watching him progress over the years. He's now #3 in lightweight division, I'm told. He got a bit of press recently after he won a fight and used him time at the mic to tell Elon Musk he was still waiting for his Tesla, which then arrived a few days later.

Easy to cheer for the dude.

He's a good fighter. The win against Ferguson was huge and unexpected.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I wonder how much juice is in that guy.  

It's been really interesting to watch Overeem's exhaust as his career flat spins back to earth.  His steroid use is as obvious as gravity.

• 1 year later...