Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Weed Money!

The_Dude

I reasonably expect the prohibition on marijuana to meet its end in the next 12-24 months. As such, and with obvious recognition to the potential of the ultimate cash crop, I’m looking to get in now to buy stock in cannabis companies. I’m also a financial dummy. Suggestions or thoughts on the potential? 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I reasonably expect the prohibition on marijuana to meet its end in the next 12-24 months. As such, and with obvious recognition to the potential of the ultimate cash crop, I’m looking to get in now to buy stock in cannabis companies. I’m also a financial dummy. Suggestions or thoughts on the potential? 

My brother has had some success in some pot investing (he doesn't put much in, but it had been gaining last time I knew).

You have to be very careful where you invest, though. I would avoid companies in states like California (and likely NY) that will overregulate the industry to the point where the black market is the only place pot growers/dealers make a profit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Koko said:

My brother has had some success in some pot investing (he doesn't put much in, but it had been gaining last time I knew).

You have to be very careful where you invest, though. I would avoid companies in states like California (and likely NY) that will overregulate the industry to the point where the black market is the only place pot growers/dealers make a profit.

Great point on NY and California. Will focus on Colorado companies. 

Im gonna sell my AMC stock and use them dollars on weed monies. 

• 2 years later...

Cannabis stocks seem to have gone up in a puff of odd smelling smoke within the last year.

Is it time to light up or let it just kinda chill?

Edited by devnull

16 hours ago, devnull said:

Cannabis stocks seem to have gone up in a puff of odd smelling smoke within the last year.

Is it time to light up or let it just kinda chill?

Too many stoners thinking they can make a buck flooded the markets, and too many regulations and fees imposed by states for it to be financially viable.

Meanwhile, the local black market weed dealer is still going strong.

• Like 1