Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

:classic_laugh:

Update — Conservative truck driver Ed Durr wins!… Defeats NJ Senate President after spending $153 on campaign…

Conservative truck driver Edward Durr stunned the political world by defeating New Jersey State Senate President Steve Sweeney (D-West Deptford) in the state’s third Senate district on Tuesday, with votes still being counted Wednesday. ...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

https://theskylive.com/near-earth-objects

Near Earth Objects (NEO): Earth's Upcoming Close Approaches with Asteroids

Edit: Although, as I reflect on it, hitting this shit-fest of a game with a giant flaming meteor would be rather redundant, wouldn't it?

I didn't want to clutter up the 'other games' thread with stuff not pertinent to it, so I brought your post over here to comment on it in a tangential way.

You think that's bad, won't be much longer till no one gets out alive (not that anyone does). 

Get Ready For The “Kessler Syndrome” To Wreck Outer Space

... The thing is, when objects are zooming through space about 2 km/s, even something as tiny as a chip of paint can smash through glass or steel. Pieces of debris become bullets. ...

As we just saw with the crew aboard the ISS, shit's getting real.

Oh and...

ve9WzbJ.jpeg

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I didn't want to clutter up the 'other games' thread with stuff not pertinent to it, so I brought your post over here to comment on it in a tangential way.

You think that's bad, won't be much longer till no one gets out alive (not that anyone does). 

Get Ready For The “Kessler Syndrome” To Wreck Outer Space

... The thing is, when objects are zooming through space about 2 km/s, even something as tiny as a chip of paint can smash through glass or steel. Pieces of debris become bullets. ...

As we just saw with the crew aboard the ISS, shit's getting real.

I know.  There's been discussion about it over at Gizmodo; I had to jump in and correct people of course.  You'd think for a group so thoroughly wrapped up in being consistently wrong, they'd take corrections better...

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Oh and...

ve9WzbJ.jpeg

Who do you think I voted for the last two presidential elections?

• Cheers 2

DaBillsFanSince1973

hard to comment on this for me. I firmly believe guns don't kill people, people do. so I'm not in the ban this gun or that gun. however, a gun, such as an AR-15, in the wrong hands, such as the case with the whiney little 17 year old, is and has shown to no be a good thing.

why a 17 year old should be out in the streets with such a weapon is beyond my comprehension.

apparently whacking him a couple times with a skateboard warranted self defense so he blew the guy away. another was shot a few times for threating the little whining bastard by charging toward him, he was probably short of shitting his pants, so he blew him away.

then, another who again he felt threatened by who did have a pistol well, whining little crying boy, blew his arm off.

only in america can a whining little bastard such as the kid here in question, can waltz around the streets at night, at 17 years of age, and do what he did, and be acquitted. 

I know some may not like my take on this and that is okay. I know some are looking at him as some kind of hero. I don't.

I know one thing, you may not want to bring a skateboard to a gun fight, you'll be blown away for sure.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I'm genuinely shocked he wasn't convicted on the gun charge.  Self-defense was always going to be a tough claim for the prosecution to overcome, but convicting him of being a dumbass for bringing an automatic rifle to a riot should have been easy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'm genuinely shocked he wasn't convicted on the gun charge.  Self-defense was always going to be a tough claim for the prosecution to overcome, but convicting him of being a dumbass for bringing an automatic rifle to a riot should have been easy.

I thought the Judge threw out the gun charge right before giving the case over to the Jury.  Apparently, the length of the barrel of the gun made it okay.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Semi-automatic.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, snafu said:

I thought the Judge threw out the gun charge right before giving the case over to the Jury.  Apparently, the length of the barrel of the gun made it okay.

It was. The misdemeanor gun charge was based on a very poorly written law that the prosecutors could not prove. Apparently the only way to be convicted of that charge is for a minor to possess a firearm that is already illegal under some federal definition (which, I believe, is where the barrel length came from.)

That does not seem to be the intent behind the law. Their legislature should write laws that aren't shit.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

hard to comment on this for me. I firmly believe guns don't kill people, people do. so I'm not in the ban this gun or that gun. however, a gun, such as an AR-15, in the wrong hands, such as the case with the whiney little 17 year old, is and has shown to no be a good thing.

why a 17 year old should be out in the streets with such a weapon is beyond my comprehension.

apparently whacking him a couple times with a skateboard warranted self defense so he blew the guy away. another was shot a few times for threating the little whining bastard by charging toward him, he was probably short of shitting his pants, so he blew him away.

then, another who again he felt threatened by who did have a pistol well, whining little crying boy, blew his arm off.

only in america can a whining little bastard such as the kid here in question, can waltz around the streets at night, at 17 years of age, and do what he did, and be acquitted. 

I know some may not like my take on this and that is okay. I know some are looking at him as some kind of hero. I don't.

I know one thing, you may not want to bring a skateboard to a gun fight, you'll be blown away for sure.

Its a proud day for LARPers, mall ninjas, airsoft special operators, guys who subscribe to Soldier of Fortune.

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Probably if he was in a northeast state or Cali

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Care to wager how much of this anecdotal account is disputed by actual evidence?

The stark contrast between the telecast of segments of the trial and the MSM reports is just scary.  Do the media mouths ever watch the events they "report" on?  The whole debacle gives rise to the old quote, "...I laughed until I cried and then..."