Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

The public would provide an unprecedented 100%, according to multiple sources who spoke on condition of anonymity due to the high sensitivity of the early stage of negotiations.

This much, according to interviews with a number of key individuals in the past couple of weeks, is known, all of which is subject to change over the coming weeks and months as negotiations get more real:

• The team has floated to state and county officials an initial ask that the public pay all the costs for what will be, as is the current stadium, a county-owned facility. In Albany, the idea of such a payment scheme is a non-starter.

• The team has made no overt threats, sources say, to leave Buffalo if it doesn’t get the full funding request, but it has made clear to government negotiators that there are other cities elsewhere that desire an NFL franchise and would pay handsomely for it.

https://buffalonews.com/news/state-and-regional/buffalo-bills-want-a-new-stadium-and-for-taxpayers-to-foot-the-bill/article_dc794aea-f14a-11eb-a5ae-17fdaa70c27c.html

100%!? I don't ever see broke NYS or Erie County going for that. On the other hand, who "spoke on condition of anonymity due to the high sensitivity" to the News? :classic_dry:

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

100%!? I don't ever see broke NYS or Erie County going for that. On the other hand, who "spoke on condition of anonymity due to the high sensitivity" to the News? :classic_dry:

Ah ha!! I found the leak! I knew I'd read it here first. @GG1, what more can you tell us? :classic_smile:

RochesterRob
4 hours ago, Ann said:

While it is human nature to want someone else pick up the tab no doubt that the Pegula's will put up some money.  They will play the game for the time being and no doubt that Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, and other owners want them to go the public trough first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Looks like parking will be $75 per car

won't be enough for only game day usage

ticket holders will be assessed a daily license fee of $75 for 365 days for the privilege of packing at the stadium, even if they don't drive a car

Alaska Darin

There's definitely a negotiating tactic at play here but the optics are really bad, especially at particular moment. Threatening to move the team?  Yeah, good luck with that.

The greed of the super rich is only outpaced by the stupidity of people saying "it's ok because I like football."  It's not ok and it never has been, especially given how unbelievably broke American really is.

The reckoning is going to be very, very ugly.

• Like 4

Report: Austin is a possible destination, real or threatened, for Bills

</snip>

Citing an unnamed ownership source, Seth Wickersham of ESPN.com reports that Austin is a possible destination — or threat — as one of the cities to which Bills ownership was referring when telling government negotiators that “there are other cities elsewhere that desire an NFL franchise and would pay handsomely for it.”

</snip>

27 minutes ago, Ann said:

Report: Austin is a possible destination, real or threatened, for Bills

</snip>

Citing an unnamed ownership source, Seth Wickersham of ESPN.com reports that Austin is a possible destination — or threat — as one of the cities to which Bills ownership was referring when telling government negotiators that “there are other cities elsewhere that desire an NFL franchise and would pay handsomely for it.”

</snip>

good luck prying those location rights away from Jerry 

invasion of his territory won't be cheap - if possible at all

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1