Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

15 hours ago, Ann said:

domed.jpg.afb834559f54102ef7d9b9898493757c.jpg

Of course not. It has to do with the facts that Buffalo doesn’t have a domed stadium and they arrogantly allow their players to live with their families in the community and not in an internment camp on the same premises. Wake up sheepole!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What rattles around my brain that I think people kinda ignore 

Bills need a dome to protect from the fans and players from elements. 

To the People complaining that the Bills need a dome.

in the last month- 

f you can't get to the stadium 🏟️ a roof won’t matter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shady said:

in the last month- 

Maybe a multitiered parking lot with a roof?  At least for the players. 😛

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Maybe a multitiered parking lot with a roof?  At least for the players. 😛

I know the travel ban was a factor but the BILLS could have done something to make sure the player's vehicles were a little more ready for travel when they finally got home.  Big fail there.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I know the travel ban was a factor but the BILLS could have done something to make sure the player's vehicles were a little more ready for travel when they finally got home.  Big fail there.

If there was anyone at the stadium, yes. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Shady said:

in the last month- 

Also:

How's that golf dome on Wehrle working out?

• I don't know 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

how about a cell phone

and the number to a plowing company

Plowing companies aren't exempt from driving bans.

• 3 weeks later...

Bills new stadium lease is not ironclad

Stadium deal as now structured puts a speed bump, rather than a roadblock, in the way of a future relocation of the team. And the age of Terry Pegula (71) and the health of Kim do not bode well.

Investing $850 million of public funds in a new stadium for the Buffalo Bills is a heavy lift for taxpayers. The elected officials who negotiated those terms have offered us the solace that it keeps the team here for at least another 30 years.

It’s an ironclad lease, they’ve assured us.

But it’s not.

And the state of the team’s ownership – Terry Pegula, in his 70s, and his wife Kim, dealing with serious health issues that keep her away from the team – only heighten concerns about the team’s long-term prospects in Western New York.

The memorandum of understanding between the state, county and team allows for the relocation of the team if the Bills owners pay back the $850 million in public funds spent to construct the stadium, plus any capital improvements, and the cost to demolish it, if the state’s stadium authority so desires. After 15 years, the penalties to relocate start to steadily decrease.

The only recourse the state and county would have is litigation in an effort to stop the team from moving. I can’t recall a court ever blocking a major league sports franchise from moving, however.

</snip>

12 minutes ago, Ann said:

Bills new stadium lease is not ironclad

Stadium deal as now structured puts a speed bump, rather than a roadblock, in the way of a future relocation of the team. And the age of Terry Pegula (71) and the health of Kim do not bode well.

Investing $850 million of public funds in a new stadium for the Buffalo Bills is a heavy lift for taxpayers. The elected officials who negotiated those terms have offered us the solace that it keeps the team here for at least another 30 years.

It’s an ironclad lease, they’ve assured us.

But it’s not.

And the state of the team’s ownership – Terry Pegula, in his 70s, and his wife Kim, dealing with serious health issues that keep her away from the team – only heighten concerns about the team’s long-term prospects in Western New York.

The memorandum of understanding between the state, county and team allows for the relocation of the team if the Bills owners pay back the $850 million in public funds spent to construct the stadium, plus any capital improvements, and the cost to demolish it, if the state’s stadium authority so desires. After 15 years, the penalties to relocate start to steadily decrease.

The only recourse the state and county would have is litigation in an effort to stop the team from moving. I can’t recall a court ever blocking a major league sports franchise from moving, however.

</snip>

I don't know how shook up we should be in terms of the next owner.  Ralph's family definitely was not going to take over the team but it is entirely possible with Pegula's daughters.  Don't know what the taxes will be 10 or 20 years into the future in terms of inheritance.   Before Pegula bought the Bills his was a name that was not mentioned much at all in terms of being the next owner.  More wishful thinking as somebody that already owned one Buffalo team in the Sabres.  Tom Golisano seemed to be the front runner in terms of speculation with Trump behind him.  A fair chance some unknown to now native son makes good and has the money to be at least majority owner.  Not saying we should not protect our interest if it can be done especially given the use of public money.  I just don't know that it should be the basis for a hold up in construction.  

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't know how shook up we should be in terms of the next owner.  Ralph's family definitely was not going to take over the team but it is entirely possible with Pegula's daughters.  Don't know what the taxes will be 10 or 20 years into the future in terms of inheritance.   Before Pegula bought the Bills his was a name that was not mentioned much at all in terms of being the next owner.  More wishful thinking as somebody that already owned one Buffalo team in the Sabres.  Tom Golisano seemed to be the front runner in terms of speculation with Trump behind him.  A fair chance some unknown to now native son makes good and has the money to be at least majority owner.  Not saying we should not protect our interest if it can be done especially given the use of public money.  I just don't know that it should be the basis for a hold up in construction.  

typical Buffalo politicians will make it an issue now before the stadium is built, instead of 10 or 20 years in the future.

18 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

typical Buffalo politicians will make it an issue now before the stadium is built, instead of 10 or 20 years in the future.

From a politician's standpoint it is now or never in terms of intervening.  My point was that for Joe Fan that I don't think the issue is anywhere as dire as when Ralph was in his last years.  Ralph to anybody outside of his inner circle seemed to be the typical stubborn old man who refuses to put his affairs in order when it impacts many others.  A lot of us have seen this on a personal basis and the stubbornness works to nobody's advantage.  Many businesses were closed or sold leaving those who depended on them in a rut.  I don't think that Terry will be as stubborn when the end of his life comes into focus.  His daughters have time to be groomed into capable next generation owners.  NFL teams have survived a transition from generation to generation and in some cases the younger generation have been more capable with an example being the Titan's Adams.  

15 hours ago, Ann said:

sounds like somebody is having 2nd thoughts

or trying to extort more money

what happened with that 500k for pet projects for the local politicians they wanted the team to kick in?

good thing they signed the lease extension to bridge the gap

oh wait, that is still not done either

Edited by Spartacus
  • Cheers 1