Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

RochesterRob
20 hours ago, Nanker said:

Without question it must be a destination rather than simply a little used venue. 
I detest the team, but Kraft did it right when he built Gillette Stadium for the ***Patriots. 
https://www.patriot-place.com/

https://www.patriot-place.com/directory-map/

image.jpeg.dffc17653416155f48a18a57b32bc330.jpeg

What makes it a success?  Success on the field over the last 20 years.  Crossroads in New England.  As success tapers off so will the activity at Kraft Land.  Location is what is and we know the first rule in development is Location, Location, Location.  We are too far away from the East Coast population concentrations for people to run I 90 to want to go to Toronto, Cleveland, etc. by car to making stopping at Bills Town a reality.  I love Buffalo and WNY but that is me and not millions of other people within a few hundred miles of the area.  If I had a few million dollars given to me with the order to invest it in development I don't know that a Bills Town would be my first or second or third choice if I wanted a rock solid return on that money.  Lets be happy with a new facility for our team to play in to secure its future.  If the rest of it happens then great but otherwise don't fret if it does not happen.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:

All parties met Monday, made progress on new Buffalo Bills Stadium, per report

by: Matt Warren SB Nation: Buffalo Rumblings9s

The Buffalo Bills’ home in Orchard Park is nearing the end of its lifespan at 50 years of age, and with an ultra-costly renovation needed in the next five to ten years, the team has been exploring..

I see that the Snooz is sticking to their guns that PSE proposed all public financing for the stadium, despite everyone else saying that was not the case.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

What makes it a success?  Success on the field over the last 20 years.  Crossroads in New England.  As success tapers off so will the activity at Kraft Land.  Location is what is and we know the first rule in development is Location, Location, Location.  We are too far away from the East Coast population concentrations for people to run I 90 to want to go to Toronto, Cleveland, etc. by car to making stopping at Bills Town a reality.  I love Buffalo and WNY but that is me and not millions of other people within a few hundred miles of the area.  If I had a few million dollars given to me with the order to invest it in development I don't know that a Bills Town would be my first or second or third choice if I wanted a rock solid return on that money.  Lets be happy with a new facility for our team to play in to secure its future.  If the rest of it happens then great but otherwise don't fret if it does not happen.

Well, in that case they should put it next to the Galleria. At least the peeps from Ontario could find it then.

• Like 1

Just now, Ann said:

Well, in that case they should put it next to the Galleria. At least the peeps from Ontario could find it then.

Please hammer, don't hurt em

Mayor Brown: 2 downtown locations were ‘seriously considered’ for new Bills stadium

</snip>

Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown says two locations in downtown Buffalo were also under serious consideration following the study on where to build a new football stadium. And from what he has heard, there is one key reason the team may be leaning toward staying in Orchard Park.

"Building a new stadium in downtown Buffalo could be substantially more than the cost of building a stadium in Orchard Park,” Brown said. “I would assume, not being a party to the negotiations. That's between the state, the county and the Pegula’s, that that is a major consideration that's being looked at."

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The Buffalo Bills’ proposed new $1.4 billion stadium would include about 60,000 seats and 60 suites, The Associated Press has learned.

The Bills’ proposal includes a timeline for construction with a completion date pegged for no later than 2027 based on how quickly a deal can be struck, a person with direct knowledge of the documents presented to state and county officials told the AP on condition of anonymity because the plan has not been made public.

The team’s current lease expires in July 2023 and would be extended until the new facility is opened, should the project be approved by the state of New York and Erie County.

The proposed capacity is about 12,000 seats less than the Bills’ current facility, now called Highmark Stadium, which was built in 1973. The new venue would not include a roof, but it would be designed so that a majority of the seats would be protected from the elements, the person said. 

</snip>

https://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/1432750674606006285

• Like 2

RochesterRob
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Hell, didn't they sell like 60K seasons in '19? Don't we routinely sell out the stadium, even through the bleak years? 17% smaller seems like too much of a reduction to me. Maybe they think these PSL's are going to keep Joe and Betty Six-Pack away.

60,000 will seem downright roomy if the border with Canada is closed more than it is open going into the future.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

The more Pegula's people talk, the less I like him

what are the odds that Erie County and NYS call the Bills "bluff" and stall out the new stadium talks to show who's boss?

• Boo 1