Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Perspective (QB play)...

eball

So how nuts would Bills fans have been if last Tuesday night Josh Allen’s stat line was as follows:

16/35, 160 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs (including a pick-6), and 4 sacks

That was Aaron Rodgers yesterday.

I don’t know what the hell happened to Rodgers but the fact that Josh’s “bad” game was a 26/41, 260, 2 TD, 2 INT effort should have us all feeling pretty damn good.

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 2

15 minutes ago, eball said:

So how nuts would Bills fans have been if last Tuesday night Josh Allen’s stat line was as follows:

I don’t know what the hell happened to Rodgers but the fact that Josh’s “bad” game was a 26/41, 260, 2 TD, 2 INT effort should have us all feeling pretty damn good.

I posted a similar sentiment in the around the NFL thread yesterday. Players and teams have bad days.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I posted a similar sentiment in the around the NFL thread yesterday. Players and teams have bad days.

Agreed. Hopefully, the Bills get back on track today with a win. Last week was rough for most of the players.

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

Agreed. Hopefully, the Bills get back on track today with a win. Last week was rough for most of the players.

A win would be great and we have a great shot if Milano and White play. If they're out, I just hope it's competitive.

• Like 1

My llimited QB perspective is typically through the lens of 'equals,' which is to say the other QBs who were drafted high to be the franchise around or near same time the Bills drafted Allen.

You can look at Rodgers' body of work and be okay with a bad game because he has a history of bouncing back (i.e. the "RELAX" season). He can shit the bed, and will still be first ballot HOF.

I'm a little anxious about tonight's game, but most of that has to do with the heights to which Allen was lifted so far this season, to the extent that tonight's game is considered something of an even match.

I'm expecting the team to at least bounce back from the Titan's ass-kicking, but even in a loss, I look around through my 'lens of equals' and see Mayfield and Darnold on the bench, Rosen on his third team, and Danny Dimes occasionally looking like Stevie Wonder. Not to mention, Allen genuinely loves the Bills and it shows, which is something Bills fans need. They don't want to get laid. They want to be in love.

• Like 4

Yep. QB's have good and bad days... When Rodgers does it's "just an off day" and "TB's defense was great!" when Allen does it's "Same old Allen." and "Welp, that's the josh allen experience." 

• Sad 1

I haven't studied any all-22 clips, or even watched all the games, so take it FWIW, but to the casual eye he just looks like a top tier QB this year.

He looks more calm and confident, like he has a feel for everything going on around him, and when he slings it you can tell he expects it to go where he wants it to, and most of the time it does.

I feel a little iffy about our O-line and run game, but for the first time in a long time QB is the strength of this team.

• Like 3

On 10/19/2020 at 7:46 AM, eball said:

Yeah, made that point elsewhere (not here).  He had a bad game.  In the rain.  Against the defending SB champs.  When the team had been getting jerked-around by the NFL for weeks. 

The most important thing is how he responds. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, made that point elsewhere (not here).  He had a bad game.  In the rain.  Against the defending SB champs.  When the team had been getting jerked-around by the NFL for weeks. 

The most important thing is how he responds. 

I suspect he'll have a VERY good game this week.

• Like 2