Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS @ Bears, Pre-season game #2: The Aftermath

Ann

3 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Not if you were watching the NFL network recap.  They spent the entire time ball washing Fields.  

Oh, by the way the guy who the Bears insisted sucks, just laid 28 points on you in a quarter and a half, playing with Bills 2nd string.  

They were not alone... ESPN, Sports Center, etc. twitter stream was all about Chicago. You'd have thought the score was reversed!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Well, it was 87 degrees here so we went to Colton NY to our camp on Higley Flow. Took out the pontoon boat on the water and enjoyed each others company. Then the rains came so I sent the game link to myself. Opened it when I got home and watched about 6 minutes when the link was removed. That said I found another YouTube link of each qtr of the game in 6 to 9 minutes each. Color me impressed with Mitch and I think Gilliam needs to be on this team. Stevenson is a threat to Isaiah on the return work. Our D is solid. Looks good.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Well, it was 87 degrees here so we went to Colton NY to our camp on Higley Flow. Took out the pontoon boat on the water and enjoyed each others company. Then the rains came so I sent the game link to myself. Opened it when I got home and watched about 6 minutes when the link was removed. That said I found another YouTube link of each qtr of the game in 6 to 9 minutes each. Color me impressed with Mitch and I think Gilliam needs to be on this team. Stevenson is a threat to Isaiah on the return work. Our D is solid. Looks good.

Seeing the game in its entirety I can tell you I don't think I've ever seen a better 1st half of a preseason game by a Bills QB. Perhaps not by any QB. Josh Allens mouth was even wide open with awww on Trubisky's last sideline throw before the half putting the Bills in better field goal range.   

I mean I can't give Trubisky all the credit. The team around him played extremely well on both sides of the ball. This is a well coached and very talented football team.

With depth... 

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Seeing the game in its entirety I can tell you I don't think I've ever seen a better 1st half of a preseason game by a Bills QB. Perhaps not by any QB. Josh Allens mouth was even wide open with awww on Trubisky's last sideline throw before the half putting the Bills in better field goal range.   

I mean I can't give Trubisky all the credit. The team around him played extremely well on both sides of the ball. This is a well coached and very talented football team.

With depth... 

The depth is huge. We have a Super Bowl Contender. Preseason or not they look like adults that know what they are doing and what to do next.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Figster said:

With depth... 

Looking through the game day thread on a Bears message board, they disagree. Mitch is simply average. It is all Daboll. 

• Haha 1

Beer__League__Hockey
20 minutes ago, Ann said:

To be faiiiiiiiihr, he had the same or very similar brace on it when he started the day.  He must have f'd up his elbow recently, and will have to play the season with it.  I like him, scrappy #8/9 DL on this team.  Hope he makes it, there are a few teams that will pick him up if he gets cut.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin

It was a textbook, "see what you hit" tackle.  I understand what the NFL is trying to do...but this is damn ridiculous.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It was a textbook, "see what you hit" tackle.  I understand what the NFL is trying to do...but this is damn ridiculous.

It was helmet to helmet contact, which the league hasn't considered clean for several years, no matter the cause.  

It is also damn ridiculous.  

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Figster said:

With depth... 

And that's what it takes for inexperience QBs to be successful in the NFL.  Daboll got him rolling with some easy completions early and he never really slowed down.  Full marks to McDermott for recognizing the situation early and going for 4th down - basically telling MT that he had faith that he could smash his old team to bits...which he did.

I'm getting a kick outta all the "smart people" talking about how the Bears should start Fields because he gives them the best chance to win.  There's no way I'd be using up hits on that kid behind that Oline, with those skill position players, and that coaching staff.  You're setting him up to be the next "draft bust."

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Figster said:

With depth... 

He simply looks calmer and less confused than he did last year with the Bears. 

In two preseason games, with some starters benched.  I keep telling myself he shouldn't look this good in that situation.  No one should.  Bills backups aren't just dominating, but casually dominating other teams' starters in preseason.  This is some team.

• Like 4