Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS @ Bears, Pre-season game #2: The Aftermath

Ann

Alaska Darin
13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It was helmet to helmet contact, which the league hasn't considered clean for several years, no matter the cause.  

It is also damn ridiculous.  

The problem with the rule is it's completely discretionary, which means the NFL gets it wrong more often than they get it right.  Nothing like having to give defensive players physics lessons.  Smith should have just launched himself directly into Fields' ribcage and ended his season right then and there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GG1 said:

Not if you were watching the NFL network recap.  They spent the entire time ball washing Fields.  

Oh, by the way the guy who the Bears insisted sucks, just laid 28 points on you in a quarter and a half, playing with Bills 2nd string.  

But...but....did you see how "calm" and "poised" he looked while needing a timeout before his second play??

😄

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Looking through the game day thread on a Bears message board, they disagree. Mitch is simply average. It is all Daboll. 

Daboll deserves allot of credit. All Bears fans have to go by is what they have seen over the last 4 seasons. So I suppose I can understand why it leaves them in a state of dissary.

Today Trubisky looked like you would expect a 2nd overall pick in the draft to look after a few seasons to develop IMO. Good skill set match for Daboll O / system setting the stage for the young signal caller.

9 minutes ago, Figster said:

Daboll deserves allot of credit. All Bears fans have to go by is what they have seen over the last 4 seasons. So I suppose I can understand why it leaves them in a state of dissary.

Today Trubisky looked like you would expect a 2nd overall pick in the draft to look after a few seasons to develop IMO. Good skill set match for Daboll O / system setting the stage for the young signal caller.

I don’t want to lose either of them after we win the SuperBowl ext February. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

I don’t want to lose either of them after we win the SuperBowl ext February. 

Its funny you say that because I'm thinking the same thing.

So do we try to get Trubisky into a longer contract?

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Its funny you say that because I'm thinking the same thing.

So do we try to get Trubisky into a longer contract?

At this point, no. Let’s see how the season plays out. Hoping for the best. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

But...but....did you see how "calm" and "poised" he looked while needing a timeout before his second play??

😄

@Alaska Darinwas right, they should have just fired Nagy at the half today. The Bears are just going to spin their wheels with him as coach.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The problem with the rule is it's completely discretionary, which means the NFL gets it wrong more often than they get it right.  Nothing like having to give defensive players physics lessons.  Smith should have just launched himself directly into Fields' ribcage and ended his season right then and there.

Worse than discretionary, it's arbitrary and inconsistent.  No one questions that hit on a running back or kick returner.  Or on a WR who's caught the ball, made a football move, and taken an additional step, but it's dirty on a WR who's caught the ball and only started a football move but not completed it.  That's, what, three different tackling techniques a defensive player has to choose between?  

It's actually not that discretionary, since the league attempts to define every little aspect of every rule, call, and move on the field (see also, "catch".)  But the officials end up having wide latitude under certain rules such as this to do what they want, because the league's situational reactiveness in rule making (see: Marsha's knee) leads to an incoherent set of rules. 

And this is something these incompetents have been trying to address, just as unsuccessfully and stupidly, for some forty years (see: "in the grasp").  It's always been discretionary, arbitrary, and inconsistent.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It was helmet to helmet contact, which the league hasn't considered clean for several years, no matter the cause.  

It is also damn ridiculous.  

Welcome aboard

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And this is something these incompetents have been trying to address, just as unsuccessfully and stupidly, for some forty years (see: "in the grasp").  It's always been discretionary, arbitrary, and inconsistent.  

I once heard there was a Crap Throwing Monkey Era in Buffalo. 

You forgot capricious .. 

6 hours ago, Ann said:

Mitch Trubinsky looked terrific. Is he that good, or are the Bears that bad?

His performance today is a bad reflection on the Bear's coaching staff. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Foxx said:

@Alaska Darinwas right, they should have just fired Nagy at the half today. The Bears are just going to spin their wheels with him as coach.

Chicago is probably one of the prime spots for Daboll when Nagy is fired this year.

• Like 3