Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills 53 Man Roster 2021

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Antonio Gander-Golden got cut by the football team today.

Gandy-Golden, actually.

He and Wildgoose should team up and start an egg farm.  Wildgoose-Gandy-Golden Eggs.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ann said:

So in conclusion, what is good for the (wild)goose is good for the gander(-golden).

That was alotta work for a poor idiom.

You killed it all day yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

Pretty good look at where we are and where we might go.

6 thoughts on Bills’ initial 53-man roster: Are 5 CBs enough? Will Jacob Hollister be back?

Orchard Park, N.Y. — When it comes to the 53-man roster for a Super Bowl contending team, most of the bubble player moves aren’t going to move the needle for fans.

But when it comes to the Buffalo Bills - whether it’s a one-win team or the defending AFC East champs - fans are going to have informed opinions on every last decision Brandon Beane makes.

Beane and the Bills cut 24 players to get down to 53 at Tuesday’s 4 p.m. deadline, electing to keep seven wide receivers, 11 defensive linemen, and just five cornerbacks. There’s a lot to break down, so here are my thoughts on the initial 53-man roster. ...

• Like 1

Beer__League__Hockey

Sounds like you've got a problem with Wildgooses.  And if you've got a problem with Canadian gooses, you've got a problem with me.

I suggest you let that one marinade.

• Wow 1

Waiting to hear Reid and Hollister are back, but otherwise I'm just another homer Bills fan here to say how much I appreciate the way the team is being run at all levels. The roster looks great, the band is mostly back together, and it is my hope to enjoy a lesson I've told anyone who questioned my loyalty when I spent every weekend watching a 3-13 team embarrass themselves: the only way to appreciate 13-3 is to sit through some 3-13s.

It's not just football. It's life. You can never fully enjoy and appreciate your successes if you aren't around for the failures.

Just ask *Patriots* fans.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Waiting to hear Reid and Hollister are back, but otherwise I'm just another homer Bills fan here to say how much I appreciate the way the team is being run at all levels. The roster looks great, the band is mostly back together, and it is my hope to enjoy a lesson I've told anyone who questioned my loyalty when I spent every weekend watching a 3-13 team embarrass themselves: the only way to appreciate 13-3 is to sit through some 3-13s.

It's not just football. It's life. You can never fully enjoy and appreciate your successes if you aren't around for the failures.

Just ask **Patriots* fans.

Although those same Paytoilet fans today are like:

"mac Jones is another Tawm Terrific!"

14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Just ask ***Patriots* fans.

I agree with the sentiment. Though for me, the 6 to 9 win years were worse. Beating good teams one week and then getting curb stomped by bad teams the next. Convincing myself that some bad calls are what stopped them from getting to the playoffs. Just mired in mediocrity.

At least the 3-13 years I knew we were bad.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, LB3 said:

I agree with the sentiment. Though for me, the 6-9 win years were worse. Beating good teams one week and then getting curb stomped by bad teams the next. Convincing myself that some bad calls are what stopped them from getting to the playoffs. Just mired in mediocrity.

Losing to the Steelers' third stringers with a playoff berth on the line.  

And Coy Wire.  Coy.  &#%$ing.  Wire.  :wallbash:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I agree with the sentiment. Though for me, the 6 to 9 win years were worse. Beating good teams one week and then getting curb stomped by bad teams the next. Convincing myself that some bad calls are what stopped them from getting to the playoffs. Just mired in mediocrity.

That was definitely more frustrating, but there was something about carving out three hours of my Sunday to watch what was almost assuredly another loss.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And the fake Mickey Mouse bullshit end-around reverse &#%$tard halfback option pass.  

If I ever see Daboll, Allen, and Singletary run that, I will shoot my TV.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I was at that game. Absolutely miserable.

• Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That was definitely more frustrating, but there was something about carving out three hours of my Sunday to watch what was almost assuredly another loss.

But you never watched because you thought they'd win.  You watched because you were assured of seeing some sort of "Well, that's different" way in which they'd &#%$ up.

Like letting an unconscious *Patriots player recover a fumble out of bounds.  Or any of Hughes' myriad phantom personal fouls.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, LB3 said:

I was at that game. Absolutely miserable.

You know, I own a book.  The unclassified after-action Army report of the 2003 invasion of Iraq.  Very esoteric, goes into details about planning, logistics, and other mundanities that ends up selling three hundred copies to staff colleges world-wide, and to warped people like me.

So anyhow, after buying and reading it, I'm out in a hardware store one day, talking to an older gent working there about OIF.  He mentioned his son was a Colonel who worked on the post-invasion analysis and history.  So I asked his name, and said "I know of him, I just bought his book."

Whenever I read or hear something like what you just posted, I can't help but think back to that guy's response to me:

"Oh, YOU'RE the one!!!"

• Haha 3