Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Kathy Hochul, WNY Gub'ner.

snafu

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, snafu said:

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/politics/2023/05/31/lawmakers-close-to-deal-on-clean-slate-act

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/29/nyregion/clean-slate-act-ny.html

Clean Slate Act.

Automatically seals criminal records for just about any NYS conviction . 3 years after Misdemeanor. 7 years after felony.

So now there will probably be some private company that gats a sweetheart deal to mine and keep the records before they're sealed -- so they could sell the info to companies or individuals who want to know about someone.  

At least they had the great good sense to exclude sex offenses.  

Too bad.  I was looking forward to them &#%$ing up woefully unconstitutional sex offender registry.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, snafu said:

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/politics/2023/05/31/lawmakers-close-to-deal-on-clean-slate-act

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/29/nyregion/clean-slate-act-ny.html

Clean Slate Act.

Automatically seals criminal records for just about any NYS conviction . 3 years after Misdemeanor. 7 years after felony.

So now there will probably be some private company that gats a sweetheart deal to mine and keep the records before they're sealed -- so they could sell the info to companies or individuals who want to know about someone.  

So, let me get this straight... they passed a one year loophole law so that whack job could say her Trump rape-dream from 35 years ago was true so she could bring a civil suit, but will seal the record convictions of real rapists, pedophiles,  and murderers?  And if these people move from NYS, this information will not be available to landlords and employers in other states? What about the feds or law enforcement in other states? 

Edited. ok I went to the internet archives to read it (I do not support the NYT)

</snip>

The current version contains a series of carve-outs: Drunk-driving convictions would remain visible to the Division of Motor Vehicles, for instance, as would the criminal records of people applying to join the police force or obtain a firearm permit.

All criminal records would remain accessible to police, prosecutors and judges for internal use, and sexual offenses, many of which require public registration, would be exempt.

All other crimes would be eligible for automatic sealing, so long as the individual had completed the full sentence, including parole, and the number of years prescribed in the bill had passed without the person committing another crime in New York.

The fact that the measure, which would in practice restrict the amount of information that employers have about their workers, has garnered such support in the business community is a testament to the work of the bill’s sponsors to incorporate feedback, says Kathryn Wilde, who leads the Partnership for New York City.

“The methodology by which the Clean Slate Act became something that everybody could support was different,” she said. “In other words, it was collaborative.”

Indeed, one of the key concessions to the business community is the provision that frees businesses to hire formerly incarcerated people without fear of incurring litigation, said Paul Zuber, the president of the Business Council.

He stressed that the legislation was crucial given the labor challenges New York is facing, saying: “This really isn’t a criminal justice bill; it’s an economic development, economic opportunity bill.”

</snip>

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 2

• 2 months later...

Didn't she just win reelection? :classic_dry:

Over half of NY voters say state is headed in wrong direction as 80% demand term limits for governor

More than half of New York’s registered voters believe the state is headed in the wrong direction — and a whopping 80% are demanding term limits for the governor and legislators, a startling new poll shows.

The fed-up respondents gave Gov. Kathy Hochul a dismal 40% approval rating, a big drop from her 50% figure from a survey released just three months ago, according to the independent Unite NY’s Voter Empowerment Index unveiled Sunday.

Other state lawmakers fared even worse with a 27% approval rating, down from their recent 36%.

Overall, 53% of the state’s voters said they don’t like where the state is headed politically, and 40% said they are considering leaving.

Not surprisingly, 80% said they support term limits for the governor and legislature, which currently have none.

</snip>

• Angry 1
  • Haha 4
  • Applause 2

• 2 weeks later...

Immigrants could ‘destroy’ New York – mayor
The city is facing financial ruin due to immigration, Democrat Eric Adams has warned

Mass immigration will “destroy” New York City unless something is done about it, Mayor Eric Adams has warned. Speaking at a meeting in Manhattan, Adams said the city was being overwhelmed by migrants from all over the world and faces a $12 billion budget deficit.

“Never in my life have I had a problem that I did not see an ending to – I don’t see an ending to this,” Adams explained at a town hall-type meeting on Wednesday evening. “This issue will destroy New York City.”

The most populous US city is taking in more than 10,000 migrants a month, according to Adams. While most of the newcomers in previous years originated from central and south America, the more recent arrivals included “Russian-speakers coming through Mexico” and people from western Africa, Adams said.

“Every community in this city is going to be impacted,” the mayor added. “We have a $12 billion deficit that we’re going to have to cut – every service in this city is going to be impacted. All of us.”

Billsandhorns
6 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

The city is facing financial ruin due to immigration, Democrat Eric Adams has warned

Mass immigration will “destroy” New York City unless something is done about it, Mayor Eric Adams has warned. Speaking at a meeting in Manhattan, Adams said the city was being overwhelmed by migrants from all over the world and faces a $12 billion budget deficit.

“Never in my life have I had a problem that I did not see an ending to – I don’t see an ending to this,” Adams explained at a town hall-type meeting on Wednesday evening. “This issue will destroy New York City.”

The most populous US city is taking in more than 10,000 migrants a month, according to Adams. While most of the newcomers in previous years originated from central and south America, the more recent arrivals included “Russian-speakers coming through Mexico” and people from western Africa, Adams said.

“Every community in this city is going to be impacted,” the mayor added. “We have a $12 billion deficit that we’re going to have to cut – every service in this city is going to be impacted. All of us.”

Welcome to any border state you piece of shit.

But instead of 10,000 a week try that in a little over a day.

NY, one of the largest cities in the world can't afford them imagine a town of 5,000 or less. 

Edited by Billsandhorns
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 5

10 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Hey, you wanted it. You got it 

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

On 9/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, SackMan518 said:

I volunteer my services as a budget czar.

Even better if they hand over the MTA budget to me, as well.

Give me 24 months and give me safe passage to retire in exile so I can get away from the angry backlash.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 9/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, SackMan518 said:

I saw a headline that the Mayor has told every City agency to make a 5% reduction.  There was much pearl clutching.  That would be $5.2 Billion of the City's annual budget.  Not quite 12 Billion.  I'm sure they'll make up the rest in fees, fines, penalties and taxes.

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Vaccines for highly mutatable viruses need regular boosters.  Like the flu.  

But that also presumes that the vaccine works in the first place.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Vaccines for highly mutatable viruses need regular boosters.  Like the flu.  

But that also presumes that the vaccine works in the first place.  

Of the 58 people in my workplace. All 9 people that have had the new Covid this last 3 weeks were all vaccinated. Meanwhile all of us that were not vaccinated and working right next to them have not gotten sick. Of course, not a scientific statement. Just a statement.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

Democrats don't need to follow the law, everyone knows that.

'Unconstitutional': Republicans Sue Hochul, New York Over No-Excuse Absentee Voting

By Spencer Brown 

11567901-a1c0-4bb4-b27a-b7e098614a09-105

A coalition of Republican groups and lawmakers hit the State of New York and its Democrat Governor Kathy Hochul with a lawsuit on Wednesday over attempts to open absentee voting to all residents without any excuse needed to justify why a voter is unable to cast a ballot in-person. 

In their complaint, the group — made up of the Republican National Committee, National Republican Congressional Committee, New York GOP, and New York Conservative Party along with the Republican members of the Empire State's congressional delegation — says that New York Democrats' new mail voting law violates the New York State Constitution's clear rules on absentee voting. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/09/20/republicans-sue-new-york-over-no-excuse-absentee-voting-n2628699

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

That's rich coming from the gov of a sanctuary state.

Virtue signaling does not mean we actually want to bring them here; NIMBY still applies! Being morally superior and actually having to do work based upon said virtue signaling are two completely separate things!

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

That's rich coming from the gov of a sanctuary state.

She's the governor of NY.  So by "somewhere else," she means "upstate."

• Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

And by Upstate she means not Albany area

IOW, not "upstate" at all.

This illegals stuff is interesting. My mother, a dyed in the wool Democrats, is pissed. She voted R in 2022. Not sure she will pull the lever for Trump, but I wouldn't be surprised if she did, either. Three years ago that would have been unfathomable.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Foxx said:

Albany, specifically, is one of seven declared sanctuary cities within NYS.

They can leave the immigrants just in Albany because the surrounding cities and towns don't want them. Senator James Tedisco has already put bills out saying that we don't want any of them near Albany.

Tedisco to introduce Migrant Home Rule Transfer Transparency Act

“If they pass a resolution, a home rule law, rejecting them and New York City, or the mayor there, or any municipality, decide to still bring them in and plop them in without any preparation about housing— uprooting other people who need the same benefits in terms of social services, the penalty will be $1,000 for every individual they bring in after they’ve not been accepted by the municipality for every single day they continue to be there,” said Tedisco.

• Haha 2