Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Kathy Hochul, WNY Gub'ner.

snafu

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

She's willing to kill school teachers!  (Wonder how many people have tweeted such sentiments.)

I'm waiting for that.

• Applause 1

On 2/27/2022 at 5:20 PM, Taro T said:

She's willing to kill school teachers!  (Wonder how many people have tweeted such sentiments.)

Saw a Syracuse area school on the news yesterday. The kids, about 7yo were in the classroom with each desk with plexiglass on 3 sides and a roof. On top of that the the teachers desk was surrounded by plexiglass. All the while the kids had masks too.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Doh! 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Saw a Syracuse area school on the news yesterday. The kids, about 7yo were in the classroom with each desk with plexiglass on 3 sides and a roof. On top of that the the teachers desk was surrounded by plexiglass. All the while the kids had masks too.

In about 5 years, sex education is going to be a riot for those kids.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Ah, don't be so sensitive... Within a couple years they'll take right to their cubicles and begin to decorate them to make them their own.  

Here are a couple ideas to get your child started!

10 Tips For Decorating Your Cubicle for the Holiday Season

Crafty Morning - Sandi made a Gingerbread house over her... | Facebook28 Photo of Fun Cubicle Decor Ideas That We Should All Have (Photo Gallery)  - DecoratoristBest Cubicle Decorations for Halloween | Thrifty Blog25 cubicles cooler than yours - CBS News

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
RochesterRob
29 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

@RochesterRob Figured we should bring the political discussion over here instead. Just saw this.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/03/kathy-hochul-leads-lee-zeldin-by-slim-margin-in-governors-race/

I know, I know!!

Hochul's numbers have been pulled down by the Bills stadium issue.  From what I have heard ten points almost overnight.  I'm expecting a rebound in the next month or so (unfortunately).  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Sadly, Democrats close ranks much better than Republicans do.  Some conservatives fantasize about Cuomo splitting the D vote allowing the Republicans to take the governor's mansion.  I don't see it.  I'd be surprised if Cuomo gets 750,000 votes which still leaves a comfortable margin for the Democrats most of the time.  NYS is too polarized to the far left at this point in time to get a sensible alternative to either candidate.

13 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Cuomo is an alpha white male.  I don't see a path back to the Democrats with his background.  He and Hochul would run against each other in the general election.  The Democrats manage to rein their voters in tight so I don't see many abandoning the chosen D candidate in favor of anybody else.  I honestly think that Cuomo is living in the far past to think he has a chance.  Other than singing about LaSalles and Herbert Hoover I would bet that the All in the Family theme is dancing in his head....when men were men.....................

Cuomo is going to run for the governorship he was forced out of? Someone please tell me you're kidding here. As arrogant as he is, he probably thinks he has a right to that office.

• Cheers 2

RochesterRob
42 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Cuomo is going to run for the governorship he was forced out of? Someone please tell me you're kidding here. As arrogant as he is, he probably thinks he has a right to that office.

He already has television ads out that would serve no other purpose.  If he had Bloomberg type wealth you could say that he is running them as a FU to the rest of the state.  Somebody is putting this money up for Cuomo and the only reason would be for an eventual campaign for governor.  

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

He already has television ads out that would serve no other purpose.  If he had Bloomberg type wealth you could say that he is running them as a FU to the rest of the state.  Somebody is putting this money up for Cuomo and the only reason would be for an eventual campaign for governor.  

well, a lot of now dead voters put his dad in office for many years

he's got those votes locked up 

and all of those dead nursing home covid victims are also a lock

Crap Throwing Clavin
51 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

and all of those dead nursing home covid victims are also a lock

"The COVID jab was a liberal conspiracy to increase the number of Democratic voters in NY" is my new favorite conspiracy theory.

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

"The COVID jab was a liberal conspiracy to increase the number of Democratic voters in NY" is my new favorite conspiracy theory.

Even more than the Jewish bees who conspired to fire hypersonic missiles on 9/11 in order to increase the value of their defense stocks?

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Koko said:

Even more than the Jewish bees who conspired to fire hypersonic missiles on 9/11 in order to increase the value of their defense stocks?

There were no hypersonic missiles.  It was micronukes and nanothermite, and flamethrowers mounted on unmanned 737 drones called "Bumblebees."

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Well, they &#%$ed up then. Covid killed my father (in the nursing home) and he voted blue for everything.

Hmmm now that I think about it, maybe he still is? 🤔

• Sad 1

Not Hochul, but NYS

New York Lt. Gov. Brian Benjamin arrested in campaign finance scheme

New York Lt. Gov. Brian Benjamin was arrested Tuesday in connection to an alleged campaign finance scam, according to a report.

Benjamin, Gov. Kathy Hochul’s No. 2, surrendered to federal authorities Tuesday morning to face a federal bribery conspiracy indictment over his alleged participation in a scheme to funnel fraudulent donations, the New York Times reported.

Benjamin was questioned earlier this year by the feds amid a reported probe into whether he was involved in an alleged plot to illegally funnel contributions to his failed campaign for city comptroller.

Benjamin admitted to The Post that he was interviewed in connection with the conspiracy and wire fraud charges filed in November against Harlem landlord and lawyer Gerald Migdol, who’s accused of making illegal, “straw” donations to Benjamin’s campaign.

</snip>

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, Ann said:

Not Hochul, but NYS

New York Lt. Gov. Brian Benjamin was arrested Tuesday in connection to an alleged campaign finance scam, according to a report.

Benjamin, Gov. Kathy Hochul’s No. 2, surrendered to federal authorities Tuesday morning to face a federal bribery conspiracy indictment over his alleged participation in a scheme to funnel fraudulent donations, the New York Times reported.

Benjamin was questioned earlier this year by the feds amid a reported probe into whether he was involved in an alleged plot to illegally funnel contributions to his failed campaign for city comptroller.

Benjamin admitted to The Post that he was interviewed in connection with the conspiracy and wire fraud charges filed in November against Harlem landlord and lawyer Gerald Migdol, who’s accused of making illegal, “straw” donations to Benjamin’s campaign.

</snip>

In his defense...Orange Man Bad.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ann said:

Not Hochul, but NYS

</snip>

Geez, I mean someone should have tipped off Hochul before she made the guy Lt. Governor -- ESPECIALLY the Lt. Governor, himself.

“I was not aware,” Hochul told reporters earlier this week when asked if she knew about subpoenas issued to Benjamin’s campaign before his appointment.

Benjamin admitted Thursday he was privy to the probes and said the State Police examined his background before he accepted Hochul’s offer to be her second-in-command.

However, when pressed, he added that he did not personally alert the governor to the subpoenas.

“I did not speak to the governor directly,” he said. “I believe... my role was to have a very thorough conversation and provide all information requested of me to the State Police, which I did.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/new-york-elections-government/ny-brian-benjamin-subpoenas-federal-probe-lieutenant-governor-20220407-bmfsqvog65fg3gabgfyxnpqbcq-story.html

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Geez, I mean someone should have tipped off Hochul before she made the guy Lt. Governor -- ESPECIALLY the Lt. Governor, himself.

“I was not aware,” Hochul told reporters earlier this week when asked if she knew about subpoenas issued to Benjamin’s campaign before his appointment.

Benjamin admitted Thursday he was privy to the probes and said the State Police examined his background before he accepted Hochul’s offer to be her second-in-command.

However, when pressed, he added that he did not personally alert the governor to the subpoenas.

“I did not speak to the governor directly,” he said. “I believe... my role was to have a very thorough conversation and provide all information requested of me to the State Police, which I did.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/new-york-elections-government/ny-brian-benjamin-subpoenas-federal-probe-lieutenant-governor-20220407-bmfsqvog65fg3gabgfyxnpqbcq-story.html

And nobody from the state police said, "hey you may want to vet him first because of this info". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1