Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the announcers in the NFL?

Ann

I listened to the FOX half time show for the late game this past Sunday which I very seldom do   Do the kiddies still get off on the antics of Terry, Jimmy, Howie, and Co?  Bradshaw and Johnson sounded like they were way past due for the retirement home.  Terry was commenting over the clips of each early game and was still commenting about NE when the Washington-Buffalo clip was about 2/3 of the way through.  In the past I would taken that as a snub by the too cool for fly over country FOX team but I doubt that Bradshaw could have gone any faster upon the threat of a cattle prod to his nads.  

16 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Bradshaw and Johnson sounded like they were way past due for the retirement home.

Bradshaw definitely looks like he is off the Nutrisystem diet.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Bradshaw definitely looks like he is off the Nutrisystem diet.

He needs a haircut unless he's going for a ponytail?

• Like 1

OKay, how long to these guys are the #1 team...well at least #2 behind Aikman/Buck. Gus is Gus, but Talib is really good as well

BTW, GMFB has to try Talib out in the designated former player spot they trying so many people out in now.

• Cheers 1

BTW, i know people love to hate on Berman, but i have always thought he is the best! I mean one of the happiest days i had in recent football memory was the day they brought back Primetime a few years back. (hope Tommy comes back soon). First time I bought seasons in my name..87..man i remember coming home  from the opener seeing Primetime and being blown away...not having to wait till 11:30 for the George Michael Sports Machine to see highlights of all the games!

Last night fastest 3 minutes was classic. About 1:29 here, he calls the Agnew return...listen to the reference he throws in at the end of the highlight. Had to explain it to my nephews last night!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ann said:

After last night, I think it is pretty safe to say that Cris Collinsworth hasn't gotten any better. Insufferable.

If it is possible, I'd say he has gotten considerably worse. Listening to his hot takes on the rewind last night after processing some stuff here, he was wrong on just about everything that passed his lips.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

If it is possible, I'd say he has gotten considerably worse. Listening to his hot takes on the rewind last night after processing some stuff here, he was wrong on just about everything that passed his lips.

Yeah, almost expected to hear him blame the rain or the glare from the lights for the Chefs being what they are & the Bills being likewise.

The Bills O & the Chefs D were pretty much close to where they've been all year.  And the Chefs O & the Bills D split the difference.

Did not expect that outcome as KC is probably the toughest place to win a night game & with no Milano expected Kelce to carve the Bills up.  BTW, Chris, the Bills were missing their best LB & pretty much didn't miss a beat.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Last night’s broadcast was really the first time I’ve complained about the announcing.  I’m not usually too interested or bothered by what those yahoos say.  They’ve got to fill 4 hours of time with their mouths.  They’re going to say stupid stuff.

However, last night Collinsworth was on some weird mission to dump on the Bills. Al Michaels was trying to keep him in the middle of the road, but it wasn’t happening. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, snafu said:

Last night’s broadcast was really the first time I’ve complained about the announcing.  I’m not usually too interested or bothered by what those yahoos say.  They’ve got to fill 4 hours of time with their mouths.  They’re going to say stupid stuff.

However, last night Collinsworth was on some weird mission to dump on the Bills. Al Michaels was trying to keep him in the middle of the road, but it wasn’t happening. 

I'm not bothered by partial to one team douche-y-ness.  I am bothered by poor analysis.  It's no surprise that NBC pimps the Chiefs as they figure that grows their coffers more than boosting the Bills.  I just tune guys out that do not want to talk Bills football.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm not bothered by partial to one team douche-y-ness.  I am bothered by poor analysis.  It's no surprise that NBC pimps the Chiefs as they figure that grows their coffers more than boosting the Bills.  I just tune guys out that do not want to talk Bills football.

Thats why last night seemed different to me.

He used awful, completely fictional analysis to support his partiality. If they had broadcast the KC announcers’ feed it wouldn’t have been as blatant. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, snafu said:

Thats why last night seemed different to me.

He used awful, completely fictional analysis to support his partiality. If they had broadcast the KC announcers’ feed it wouldn’t have been as blatant. 

What you saw with Collingsworth last night was a guy who simply didn't bother to prepare for the game by diving into the Bills games, players, etc. so far this year. It was immediately clear when Josh took that bad sack/intentional grounding penalty.

That was a bad play. It was old Josh. But it sure the hell wasn't something "he does a lot and needs to learn to stop doing."

He basically was mailing it in because he had his Mahomes superlatives all lined up after covering so many Chefs games, and wasn't able to really do anything other than what he was used to doing.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Who do you think called a worse game yesterday, the Referees or Chris Collingsworth ???

Too tough to choose.

Maybe a philosophy major could do his dissertation on that very question.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1