Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the announcers in the NFL?

Ann

Buffalo Broadcasters Association announces 2022 Hall of Fame inductees

The Buffalo Broadcasters Association announced its 2022 Hall of Fame inductees.

Notable inductees include sports analyst and former Buffalo Bills player Steve Tasker 

</snip>

The Buffalo Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held on Thursday, September 22.

The Buffalo Broadcasters Association recognizes the impact of Western New York natives and personalities that helped define and serve an important role in their respective broadcast fields.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Fitz is back

Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreet might be getting a little nervous considering what tends to happen to the starter after signing Fitzpatrick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

20 minutes ago, devnull said:

Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreet might be getting a little nervous considering what tends to happen to the starter after signing Fitzpatrick

Too bad he didn't sign with SNF. :classic_sad:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m sure it’s a great gig and all, but “what I think about the announcers of the NFL”?

They're paid way too much and talk far too much. 

• Cheers 1

Huh, looks like he's not coaching:

Luke Kuechly joins Panthers radio broadcast team in 2022

</snip>

Kuechly is coming back to the Panthers organization to be part of this year's radio broadcast for seven games, joining play-by-play announcer Anish Shroff and either Jordan Gross or Jake Delhomme, along with sideline reporter Kristen Balboni. Kuechly will be in the booth for six home games (Week 1 against the Browns, Week 4 against the Cardinals, Week 5 against the 49ers, Week 7 against the Buccaneers, Week 12 against the Broncos, and Week 15 against the Steelers), and the road trip to his hometown of Cincinnati (Week 9). Jim Szoke will continue to act as the third man in the booth for the games Kuechly doesn't do.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Ann said:

Huh, looks like he's not coaching:

Luke Kuechly joins Panthers radio broadcast team in 2022

</snip>

Kuechly is coming back to the Panthers organization to be part of this year's radio broadcast for seven games, joining play-by-play announcer Anish Shroff and either Jordan Gross or Jake Delhomme, along with sideline reporter Kristen Balboni. Kuechly will be in the booth for six home games (Week 1 against the Browns, Week 4 against the Cardinals, Week 5 against the 49ers, Week 7 against the Buccaneers, Week 12 against the Broncos, and Week 15 against the Steelers), and the road trip to his hometown of Cincinnati (Week 9). Jim Szoke will continue to act as the third man in the booth for the games Kuechly doesn't do.

</snip>

Considering how much the Bills like to poach all things Carolina, how 'bout making Shroff an offer he can't refuse?  Bye, bye Murph.

Crap Throwing Clavin

My wife was watching 80's/90's games on the NFL Network this weekend...and I never appreciated at the time just how much fun it was listening to John Madden run his mouth during games.  

Now we have...Chris Collinsworthless.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

Alaska Darin
7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

My wife was watching 80's/90's games on the NFL Network this weekend...and I never appreciated at the time just how much fun it was listening to John Madden run his mouth during games.  

We also have Tony Romo and soon...Fitz. 

• Love 1

On 6/27/2022 at 7:53 AM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I thoroughly enjoyed Chucky in the booth. There was just something about his delivery that had something of a Howard Cosell feel to it.

The person who REALLY needs to be in prime time games is Ross Tucker. He's absolutely terrific.

• 2 weeks later...

He is still going to continue to do college games. I expect he will move up to pro games at some point:

</snip>

Robert Griffin III is promoted by ESPN to be Randy Moss' replacing on ‘Monday Night Countdown,’ The Post has learned.

During Griffin’s first year with ESPN, he made a big impact with his work as a college game analyst and regular appearances on studio shows, speaking on both college football and the NFL. ESPN executives were impressed with him and wanted to find him a bigger role, even if he needed to be available.

The regular Monday spot opened because Moss preferred to just do “Sunday NFL Countdown,” which was agreed to in a recently concluded contract negotiation that kept him at ESPN, despite interest from Amazon.

</snip>

44 minutes ago, Ann said:

No idea where to put this. This is who you are all getting to replace Kay Adams.

The only way she comes close to replacing Kay Adams is if she shows up to the set like she just rolled out bed 15 minutes earlier, wearing the shirt I had on last night when I took her out to dinner.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The only way she comes close to replacing Kay Adams is if she shows up to the set like she just rolled out bed 15 minutes earlier, wearing the shirt I had on last night when I took her out to dinner.

I am so not a guy. I never understood Kay Adams' physical appeal to the males here, and that description (which she looked like frequently) just looked slovenly to me. 

58 minutes ago, Ann said:

I am so not a guy. I never understood Kay Adams' physical appeal to the males here, and that description (which she looked like frequently) just looked slovenly to me. 

That's okay. I don't your Dwayne Johnson twisted steel and sex appeal thing. :classic_laugh:

I can't speak for the other guys, but my days of digging women who spackle their makeup on their face while squeezing into a too-tight outfit have been past me for quite a while. 

More the point, as Joe Nichols would sing...

Gimmie that girl with the hair in a mess
Sleepy little smile with her head on my chest
That's the you that I like best
Gimmie that girl

Gimmie that girl lovin' up on me
Old t-shirt and a pair of jeans
That's the you I wanna see
Gimmie that girl

Gimmie the girl that's beautiful
Without a trace of makeup of on
Barefoot in the kitchen
Singin' her favorite song