TakeYouToTasker 2.0

1 minute ago, Joe said:

No kidding.

Like, I felt that game was the lock of the week, and it just BARELY squeaked by

Worse, I thought Dallas gave it away not that Tampa Bay won it. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5

Just now, Ann said:

Worse, I thought Dallas gave it away not that Tampa Bay won it. 🤷‍♀️

They did. Dak threw for over 400 yards against what was supposed to be THE best defense in the league, and they had some drives stall that should have never stalled. Once the TB corner had his arm twisted like it was shoved in a cotton candy machine, they should have attacked his replacement more often.

Not calling the PI when it was clearly a push-off, while not the Cowboys fault, didn't help things. 

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

They did. Dak threw for over 400 yards against what was supposed to be THE best defense in the league, and they had some drives stall that should have never stalled. Once the TB corner had his arm twisted like it was shoved in a cotton candy machine, they should have attacked his replacement more often.

Not calling the PI when it was clearly a push-off, while not the Cowboys fault, didn't help things. 

I thought that Dak was unreal last night, and reminded the league that he can be one of it’s dominate quarterbacks. Great to see coming off an injury like that. I also think Dallas is going to win 10 or 11 this year and win the NFC East.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I thought that Dak was unreal last night, and reminded the league that he can be one of it’s dominate quarterbacks. Great to see coming off an injury like that. I also think Dallas is going to win 10 or 11 this year and win the NFC East.

Shouldn't be a heavy lift to win 10 in NFC East.

He had a good game overall, but the weird unraveling at the end of the first half essentially cost them the game ( I know Zeurlein)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, GG1 said:

Shouldn't be a heavy lift to win 10 in NFC East.

He had a good game overall, but the weird unraveling at the end of the first half essentially cost them the game ( I know Zeurlein)

Lamb short-arming the incompletion over the middle/interception did a lot of damage to Dallas.   Gave TB a short field. 

• Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Aside from any last minute entries to the league it looks like everyone’s picks are in! Well done!

• Like 3

On 9/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, Joe said:

No kidding.

Like, I felt that game was the lock of the week, and it just BARELY squeaked by

I'll be lucky to get out of the first week myself here. 

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

I'll be lucky to get out of the first week myself here. 

I didn't... I tried to outsmart myself and take Minnie over the Bengals so i could save the blowouts for later..... Oops!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I didn't... I tried to outsmart myself and take Minnie over the Bengals so i could save the blowouts for later..... Oops!

Well, if the G-Men don't suck, I may be joining you.

On 9/8/2021 at 2:14 PM, LB3 said:

Yup. Only once. What eliminates most people is they get cute early on with risky picks so that they can save better teams til later in the season. That's why I never make it past week 3. 🤷‍♂️

16 hours ago, Cinga said:

Years of losing early convinced me not to do this. I still almost picked the Titans to win. 🤣

Thanks SF.

19 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Years of losing early convinced me not to do this. I still almost picked the Titans to win. 🤣

Thanks SF.

Exactly my reasoning for taking TB.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 2:14 PM, LB3 said:

Yup. Only once. What eliminates most people is they get cute early on with risky picks so that they can save better teams til later in the season. That's why I never make it past week 3. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

Thanks SF.

In all fairness, who thought the Bengals could beat the Vikings?  :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Well, we lost a few players yesterday. I figure if I pick "sure bets" I'll be out by week 3, week 4 at the latest. 😛

Good luck everyone!

I try to pick against the 'safe' bad teams rather than the 'safe' good ones!

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

Geez Louise 33% picked the same team I did for week 2.

Last week, I think the numbers associated with my pick were around 1.4%.

Same numbers this week. We shall see if the G-Men still suck. 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Geez Louise 33% picked the same team I did for week 2.

I don't do these suicide pools very often, but it always strikes me that you want to save your best bets for the latter part of the season. When it's just straight up W/L without accounting for the spread, teams like Cleveland, Tampa, KC, are teams you want to have in your pocket when the field has been narrowed down.  Sitting on aces, so to speak.

The problem is that means trying to find when the bad/mediocre teams have a chance so you can take them off your board (since you can only pick a team once).

Example: I don't expect NE* to have a lot of wins this year, and playing the Jets in Wilson's second game against Bellicheat* is as good a chance to take NE* as we'll see. 

Likewise, I'll sit on the Jets until the end of the year when it's Week 17 or 18, when they're playing (presumably) a Bucs or Bills team that is sitting starters after clinching a playoff berth.

On the other hand, all Mac Jones needs is a twisted ankle this week and I'm out of the pool.