Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BillsFansDotCom Survivor League

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't do these suicide pools very often, but it always strikes me that you want to save your best bets for the latter part of the season. When it's just straight up W/L without accounting for the spread, teams like Cleveland, Tampa, KC, are teams you want to have in your pocket when the field has been narrowed down.  Sitting on aces, so to speak.

The problem is that means trying to find when the bad/mediocre teams have a chance so you can take them off your board (since you can only pick a team once).

Example: I don't expect NE* to have a lot of wins this year, and playing the Jets in Wilson's second game against Bellicheat* is as good a chance to take NE* as we'll see. 

Likewise, I'll sit on the Jets until the end of the year when it's Week 17 or 18, when they're playing (presumably) a Bucs or Bills team that is sitting starters after clinching a playoff berth.

On the other hand, all Mac Jones needs is a twisted ankle this week and I'm out of the pool.

I've been advised to do this by several people. When I said this to my son he immediately said, "You gotta survive to get to that point."  He's right.  Now? I just hope I last long enough to say I lasted a few weeks. I'm picking "sure things" early to get to week 4 or 5. I have high expectations. :classic_dry:

10 hours ago, Ann said:

Geez Louise 33% picked the same team I did for week 2.

I'm there, but that's a good example of a team I don't want to have to pick for a division game so grabbing them against a crappy opponent.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't do these suicide pools very often, but it always strikes me that you want to save your best bets for the latter part of the season. When it's just straight up W/L without accounting for the spread, teams like Cleveland, Tampa, KC, are teams you want to have in your pocket when the field has been narrowed down.  Sitting on aces, so to speak.

The problem is that means trying to find when the bad/mediocre teams have a chance so you can take them off your board (since you can only pick a team once).

Example: I don't expect NE* to have a lot of wins this year, and playing the Jets in Wilson's second game against Bellicheat* is as good a chance to take NE* as we'll see. 

Likewise, I'll sit on the Jets until the end of the year when it's Week 17 or 18, when they're playing (presumably) a Bucs or Bills team that is sitting starters after clinching a playoff berth.

On the other hand, all Mac Jones needs is a twisted ankle this week and I'm out of the pool.

I agree with your take after the first couple weeks.  Especially this season with one less preseason game. 

14 hours ago, Ann said:

Geez Louise 33% picked the same team I did for week 2.

Thought you meant 33% of people from here made your pick & was VERY confused about why 1/3 of the people here would've chosen tonight's game to pick.

See now you meant you went w/ the Brownies.

(Where's the friggin' D'oh emoji when you need it?) 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Foxx said:

Yep, G-men still suck. Lol.

Good luck. I rode the 2017 Browns to the money. The only game I didn't pick them to lose was late in the season when they played a division rival a second time.

• Like 1

Not a ton of easy picks this week. Went Packers over the Lions, but I didn’t love it. Bucs over Falcons probably a safer choice, but I’ll save the Bucs for later.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Not a ton of easy picks this week. Went Packers over the Lions, but I didn’t love it. Bucs over Falcons probably a safer choice, but I’ll save the Bucs for later.

I hope that you're right.

I went with GB also.

😆

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 hours ago, Joe said:

Cleveland gonna carry me to week 3

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Ditto.

Same.

• Like 1

I think everyone survived this weeks picks that made a pick. Of course, except for the 'Genius' who didn't pick. I would guess that whomever it is, can't pick tonight or tomorrow nights game as the deadline to pick was 1pm.

• Like 1