Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Practice Squad 2021

Ann

Bills invite 9 players to work out.  Only one I'm familiar with is Adams, who is a big back and was pretty effective at ND.  

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/jacob-dolegala-qb-work-out/?fbclid=IwAR329ovhYyH-wcmBuFx8Hh-r9caOufxtYpXsu9Uc5vybyE_9yAkw7jaPLJ0

Josh Adams, 24, running back (Notre Dame)

Reggie Begelton, 28, wide receiver (Lamar)

Matthew Sexton, 24, wide receiver (Eastern Michigan)

Darrius Shepherd, 25, wide receiver (North Dakota State)

Jacob Capra, 22, guard (San Diego State)

Evin Ksiezarczyk, 24, tackle (Buffalo)

Ken Webster, 25, defensive back (Mississippi)

Greg Stroman, 25, defensive back (Virginia Tech)

Jacob Dolegala, 25, QB (CCSU)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 4:40 PM, Ann said:

Wow

wow.jpg.065086f6e049018b9f1daa91ae00f56e.jpg

This makes me sad as I thought he might be a good longer term option for a backup.  Not at all surprised that he got snatched.  Haven't seen much of Davis Webb but Bills apparently like him better.  He is a free agent at end of year leaving Bills potentially very thin at backup.   

Best of luck to Jake. 

1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

This makes me sad as I thought he might be a good longer term option for a backup.  Not at all surprised that he got snatched.  Haven't seen much of Davis Webb but Bills apparently like him better.  He is a free agent at end of year leaving Bills potentially very thin at backup.   

Best of luck to Jake. 

I think Webb likes it here, especially with designs on being a coach someday.

But with the likelihood that Mitch is gone after this season, backup QB will also be a position of need.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
26 minutes ago, Ann said:

Practice squad management seems to be getting complex enough with time where it would almost make more sense to ditch it and just increase the roster limit to 70 (while keeping a 46-man game day roster.  Or "gender-neutral person" game day roster, which I'm sure we'll see in a couple years.)

12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Practice squad management seems to be getting complex enough with time where it would almost make more sense to ditch it and just increase the roster limit to 70 (while keeping a 46-man game day roster.  Or "gender-neutral person" game day roster, which I'm sure we'll see in a couple years.)

I'd expect that the player's union would be against that unless the contracts for the bottom shelf guys were only to be one season in length.  Ideally, a team would like a 3 or more year long contract to see if they panned gold or not with a player.