Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

It's time to fire Leslie Frazier.

whatdrought

Here it is folks... The first "Panic everyone, Panic!" LAMP post of the new Board (or at least, that I've seen). But here it is.

There is no good reason that Leslie Frazier should remain employed at this point. His side of the ball has done nothing all year and has gone from a top 3 unit to a bottom 3 unit. The only possible reason he shouldn't be fired is if McD. is the real reason for the problems- at which point we have much bigger problems. 

Losing to the SB champions is fine. Losing like that is the equivalent of getting taken to the woodshed. Same inability to stop the run, same inability to contain the edge, same inability to take the cushion out of the zone. 

It's not sustainable. We will be one and done in the playoffs again and it will be the Defenses fault. He tried to send his message, it didn't work. Make the move. 

p.s... anyone who knows me from the other board knows how out of character this is for me. This is the first post like this I remember writing. 

Edited by whatdrought

I do not understand what sitting two starters and getting two guys off the practice squad was supposed to do? Maybe McDermott needs to take over for a bit?

I must say that I would never have guessed Star was that valuable. Whew boy, was I wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

I do not understand what sitting two starters and getting two guys off the practice squad was supposed to do? Maybe McDermott needs to take over for a bit?

I must say that I would never have guessed Star was that valuable. Whew boy, was I wrong.

I dont know man (or woman), I don't think this is about one player... Every single guy out there is playing like crap. There's something broken and at this point the place to start plunging is the coaching. 

Alright, 2 things need to happen like yesterday... First, if McD doesn't fire Frazier, he needs to at least take over the defense for him. I don't think we went from the #2 D to this pile of DooDoo because we lost 2 players and have Milano and Wallace injured. But are we even running any stunts and such to confuse our pass rush? And if I were the coach I'd have them all running sprints tomorrow until their crawling. I don't have gamepass anymore but maybe someone that does can prove me wrong?

Second, on offense, I suspect Dabol is calling a scared game. Cut it loose! We do better in the hurry up, so stay in it! Was good enough for Kelly, seems to work for Allen too!

• Like 2

If I'm not mistaken, McDermott/Frazier have at the most games in the top 5 worst rush yards against:

As of last year, and not counting today's debacle (from TBN)

Here are the Bills' worst games against the run in McDermott's time as head coach:

298 – New Orleans Saints, 47-10, Nov. 12, 2017

273 – New England Patriots, 24-12, Dec. 23, 2018

226 – Jacksonville Jaguars, 24-21 (Bills win), Nov. 25, 2018

220 – Indianapolis Colts, 37-5, Oct. 21, 2018

218 – Philadelphia Eagles, 31-13, Oct. 27, 2019

• Angry 1
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Murphy for one has always sucked. He had one good game in out playoff loss last year and I will argue he should have been a camp casualty to save cash. Love him or hate him, Shaq Lawson could set the edge while Murphy gets lost in the shuffle too easy.

Philips not positive on, but think he is still feeling the affects of the injury. Zimmer subbing in for him actually made a few good plays.

• Like 2

Just now, Cinga said:

Murphy for one has always sucked. He had one good game in out playoff loss last year and I will argue he should have been a camp casualty to save cash. Love him or hate him, Shaq Lawson could set the edge while Murphy gets lost in the shuffle too easy.

Philips not positive on, but think he is still feeling the affects of the injury. Zimmer subbing in for him actually made a few good plays.

Hubby was saying the same about Shaq when I was crabbing and complaining during the game.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

His defense just isn't physical. It's all predicated on smoke and mirrors

Well they're choking on their smoke and cracked all the mirrors. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

Team still needs tweaking if we are goin to make the playoffs. 

The real problem is that I disagree with this.... I think this team as is can win 9-11 games and make the playoffs. But when we get there we're gonna get bitch slapped back to reality. 

• Like 2

leh-nerd skin-erd

They were allowing 9 yards per carry to a team clearly committed to the run. They got manhandled.  I agree, shake it up and let some heads roll. 

1 minute ago, bdutton said:

Diggs really showed a lack of  urgency on that play not getting back and set for the penalty.

Diggs looked less than stellar this week (well, except that one touchdown pass which was amazing). Is he hurt? Uninterested? Ticked off?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

Diggs looked less than stellar this week (well, except that one touchdown pass which was amazing). Is he hurt? Uninterested? Ticked off?

His catch that set up the FG before halftime was pretty.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ann said:

And Jordan Philips

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

His catch that set up the FG before halftime was pretty.

When he ran out of bounds I understood he wanted to leave time on the clock. That said, he had a pretty open line to the endzone too.

I don't think Leslie is going anywhere nor should he.  Bills still need some upgrades at DL and LB.  Not a top tier player among them IMO (Hughes aging, Edmunds may get there, Milano constantly hurt).  Milano will be a tough call contract time.  I think there's a case to be made in replacing him. 

• Like 1

Walter Buffalo

Murphy and Phillips must be chomping at the bit to get back into the lineup to prove their benching was proven merited with this horrid display of defense.

Showing up players this way always goes over well in the locker room.

• Like 1