Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Informal non-scientific Covid vaccine poll

GG1

Non scientific observational Covid vaccine poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many people do you know who got the Covid vaccine?

• < 10
    • < 50
    • < 100
    • > 100
  2. 2. Of those people, how many had side effects from the Covid vaccine?

• 0-20%
    • 20%-40%
    • 40% - 60%
    • > 60%
  3. 3. Of the people who had side effects from the Covid vaccine, how many were serious enough to require medical treatment or worse?

• 0%
    • 10% - 30%
    • 30% - 50%
    • > 50%

> 50% of the people I know have received the vaccine

100% have experienced an adverse reaction

0% required hospitalization for vaccine side effects

< 50% of the people I know have not received the vaccine

0% required hospitalizations for COVID

Only two people I know of (one direct the other indirect) required hospitalization due to COVID (both prior to the glorious vaccine)

One was > 350lbs, and went into the hospital with a cardiovascular problem before contracting COVID

The other was mid 60s and a life long smoker

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, KD in CA said:

My arm hurt the next day...having received other vaccines in my life I don't really consider that anything other than the intended consequence. 

I'm sure there is some small percentage of people I know who haven't been vaccinated, but think it's highly likely I know hundreds who have been and haven't heard anything about side-effects.

Oddly, my arm didn't even hurt.  

I usually react strongly to vaccinations - I get a tetanus booster every 5 years, and I have to schedule it for a Friday, or take a couple days off from work, because it puts me flat on my back.  Same with the flu shot.  COVID shot...nothing.  

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Oddly, my arm didn't even hurt.  

I usually react strongly to vaccinations - I get a tetanus booster every 5 years, and I have to schedule it for a Friday, or take a couple days off from work, because it puts me flat on my back.  Same with the flu shot.  COVID shot...nothing.  

Which version did you end up getting?

I got it.  I'd say about 50% of the people I know are vaccinated.  I'm pretty much the only one who had no side effects (Pfizer).  My wife was on her ass after each Moderna shot.

Couple explanations to my answers.... I know way more people who have gotten the jab, but under 50 I know pretty well. Of them, all but 2, me (Moderna) and one other person (J&J) had absolutely no side effects. The vast majority was only sickness, most the next morning and over it, a couple out of it all the next day. 

Also 2 people who had severe enough reactions to be hospitalized. Both already had immune deficiencies but after talking to their doctors still decided to get the jab, both Pfizer. One is not getting the second dose, the other has decided to go ahead and get the second and yeah, I'm a bit worried for her.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
51 minutes ago, Ann said:

Which version did you end up getting?

Pfizer, I think.  Maybe.  Not sure.

Wasn't paying that much attention.  Got it to avoid wearing a mask.  It's just theater.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Pfizer, I think.  Maybe.  Not sure.

Wasn't paying that much attention.  Got it to avoid wearing a mask.  It's just theater.

So the vaccine also gives you free access to the movies?

Have no idea the vaxx status of most of the people around me.  Know/expect 50%+ are vaccinated but couldn't say who is & who isn't for the most part.  In NYS, so several have pointed out they've gotten the jabs but really try to avoid the discussions.  Have worked from home for years, so don't interact with enough to be particularly worried about catching it.  And since giving up coaching have had almost no colds or the like.  Have also significantly improved diet & vitamin usage since the world went topsy turvy. 

Know a couple of people that currently have quite rare issues, but no idea if those are related to the jabs, the virus, or neither.  They tend to believe the issues are virus related.  

• Like 1

My neighbor works for LAFD and essentially flies to LA once a month where he works seven days, then returns home for a few weeks before going back. No surprise to most people, Northern Idaho is filled with LAPD and LAFD, many retired, but many more still active.

He returned yesterday and told me today  his team is completely up in arms about being mandated to get the jab. Six of them have had adverse reactions from the vaccine. Two of them, who had been treated for shingles, had shingles flare up badly, and quickly went to their doctor. One of the doctors informed him that this is not an unusual affect of the vaccine. They see it quite often.

Not sure which vaccine they got.

Anecdotal, yes, but the dude is not one to embellish about a damn thing. Just a good, honest, hard-working Joe who is doing his best to avoid the vaccine.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

My neighbor works for LAFD and essentially flies to LA once a month where he works seven days, then returns home for a few weeks before going back. No surprise to most people, Northern Idaho is filled with LAPD and LAFD, many retired, but many more still active.

He returned yesterday and told me today  his team is completely up in arms about being mandated to get the jab. Six of them have had adverse reactions from the vaccine. Two of them, who had been treated for shingles, had shingles flare up badly, and quickly went to their doctor. One of the doctors informed him that this is not an unusual affect of the vaccine. They see it quite often.

Anecdotal, yes, but the dude is not one to embellish about a damn thing. Just a good, honest, hard-working Joe who is doing his best to avoid the vaccine.

Do you plan on traveling to Europe ?

4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I got beat up here a month ago for mentioning this. I know 5 people that got Shingles after the vaccine. Their Dr's said the same thing. BTW, See the recall? Huh, seems this was FDA approved too. https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/pfizer-recalls-all-chantix-lots-nationwide-over-concerns-cancer-causing-impurity

• Wow 1

19 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

In doing cursory research about the shingles link to the vaccine, I find a lot of parallels to myocarditis.   Nobody has established a direct causal link between Covid & Myocarditis or shingles, but there are enough case increases that would suggest more than a corollary link.

To me it appears that there's something in the Covid virus that could trigger those specific reactions, especially in those who are more prone to it.   Taking the vaccine probably triggers that reaction in the predisposed, just like the reaction would be triggered if the person became infected (but probably suffer worse symptoms)

So that's the choice.   If you don't take the vaccine, you probably never get shingles or myocarditis if you never get Covid.  But if you do get Covid, you'll probably get a worse case of myocarditis or shingles.   What odds do you want to take?

PS - from what I've read, the vaxxed got a resurgence of a prior shingles outbreak.  I'm not aware of reported cases where there was a first time shingles event after a vaccine or Covid.

Edited by GG1

On 9/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, GG1 said:

In doing cursory research about the shingles link to the vaccine, I find a lot of parallels to myocarditis.   Nobody has established a direct causal link between Covid & Myocarditis or shingles, but there are enough case increases that would suggest more than a corollary link.

To me it appears that there's something in the Covid virus that could trigger those specific reactions, especially in those who are more prone to it.   Taking the vaccine probably triggers that reaction in the predisposed, just like the reaction would be triggered if the person became infected (but probably suffer worse symptoms)

So that's the choice.   If you don't take the vaccine, you probably never get shingles or myocarditis if you never get Covid.  But if you do get Covid, you'll probably get a worse case of myocarditis or shingles.   What odds do you want to take?

PS - from what I've read, the vaxxed got a resurgence of a prior shingles outbreak.  I'm not aware of reported cases where there was a first time shingles event after a vaccine or Covid.

let's go with - no jab to tamper with my immune system

let my immune system deal with any virus exposure

strange, though,   that the victims weren't advised of these highly possible myocarditis and shingles after effects 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Spartacus said:

let's go with - no jab to tamper with my immune system

let my immune system deal with any virus exposure

strange, though,   that the victims weren't advised of these highly possible myocarditis and shingles after effects 

When you get vaccinated they show you a list of side effects.

Of course you'd know that if you were vaccinated.

7 hours ago, Meazza said:

When you get vaccinated they show you a list of side effects.

Of course you'd know that if you were vaccinated.

We, through my company, were giving pamphlets out in the beginning to 200 people a day herded through as cattle. As the shot was about to be administered they would get a flier. I have seen this flier and it was not real informative and a larger part informed the user that they could not sue. Of course at the time we did not know the side effects yet (this was January) so I'm sure there is more to it. Also now they are getting 1/2 a dozen or so a day through our stores so i would guess they are being more detailed. That said, the majority of our Pharmacists have yet to be vaxxed and don't even get the flu shot. Including half of my HR department. 

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

We, through my company, were giving pamphlets out in the beginning to 200 people a day herded through as cattle. As the shot was about to be administered they would get a flier. I have seen this flier and it was not real informative and a larger part informed the user that they could not sue. Of course at the time we did not know the side effects yet (this was January) so I'm sure there is more to it. Also now they are getting 1/2 a dozen or so a day through our stores so i would guess they are being more detailed. That said, the majority of our Pharmacists have yet to be vaxxed and don't even get the flu shot. Including half of my HR department. 

I got vaccinated at a local hospital and when I sat down to get the shot, she showed me a paper listening the known side effects and the probabilities.  As I tried to get up to run, two men in black suits held me down as she administered the jab.  

True story. 

42 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I got vaccinated at a local hospital and when I sat down to get the shot, she showed me a paper listening the known side effects and the probabilities.  As I tried to get up to run, two men in black suits held me down as she administered the jab.  

True story. 

Black shoes or brown. Nothing more frustrating then black suits and brown shoes. 

5 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Black shoes or brown. Nothing more frustrating then black suits and brown shoes. 

One black, one brown.  Pure madness.

• Wow 1