Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Steelers Week 1: The Aftermath

Ann

4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Well, Im going to try and make it a good day. Later all and GO BILLS 

It was not that many years ago that I would be a hot head for at least a day after a loss like this.  Especially, with it raining now I just seek out the cats in the house and ask them how their day is going before a pat on the back.  Damn Steelers fan less than a mile away from me will most likely be obnoxious to talk to the next time I see him although normally we get along well.

Edited by RochesterRob

6 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Not only it didn't work but it was stupid! Who does that?

Probably called it because it worked every time in practice against our over-pursuing DL.

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The bright side is the NFC is basically killing the AFC today (exception Chargers holding off Washington).

I'm mellow right now but darn it to get top seed you can't afford to give away home games like this.  This is how you go 9-8 and hoping for a convoluted sequence of events to happen to sneak into the playoffs.

• Like 2

Just now, RochesterRob said:

I'm mellow right now but darn it to get top seed you can't afford to give away home games like this.  This is how you go 9-8 and hoping for a convoluted sequence of events to happen to sneak into the playoffs.

Chiefs lose today and it is a bit of a wash.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

1) moss scratched? 

That was a head scratcher for me too.  Going back to the off-season it would seem that having a set of run options (other than the QB sneak) on 3rd and 1,2,3 and goal line to be a priority.  Looking at the roster it sure seems like Moss would be a part of that and especially in games where the QB is playing in a dirty pocket like Josh did today. 

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 1

Just now, Joe said:

One beef I have with how this team was built:

They're finesse. They lack toughness at basically every position outside of QB.

I question the wisdom of that plan

I’m sure McD will have a heart to heart with Daboll this week.

If we want to be Uber critical, the offense has not fired on all cylinders for 4 straight games, including playoffs.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng season and a lot can happen between now and the 17th game.  I'm not happy with this game (who would be?) but I try not to be too judgemental over week one, win or lose.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

It a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng season and a lot can happen between now and the 17th game.  I'm not happy with this game (who would be?) but I try not to be too judgemental over week one, win or lose.

I can only hope that the offensive malaise was due to too much rust from the preseason.  I just did not like what I saw.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I’m sure McD will have a heart to heart with Daboll this week.

If we want to be Uber critical, the offense has not fired on all cylinders for 4 straight games, including playoffs.

No lies detected

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

One beef I have with how this team was built:

They're finesse. They lack toughness at basically every position outside of QB.

I question the wisdom of that plan

Finesse works far more often than a roster of tough guys.  Tough guys typically flame out after a few seasons due to physical health.  Then you have to be good at the draft which few teams are other than today's opponent.  The Steelers had 8 draft picks from this spring make the roster and they were still a team to watch out for last season.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
28 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

1) moss scratched? 

2) virtually no run game in the first half

3) why are you going deep when the short passes are working

4) oh well. 

5) @TakeYouToTasker 2.0 in case you did not see it: for his grandma. Bass explained that he previously used just one in his final college game and attributed it to her because that particular game was for breast cancer awareness. “I had one [eye black] my last game of my college career.Oct 26, 2020

I’m aware of the reason he does it, but happen to think he looks like a moron.

I mean, I don’t begrudge the Hindi. If Lisa Lopes was bound to be reincarnated, I just would have preferred if it wasn’t as our kicker.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Finesse works far more often than a roster of tough guys.  Tough guys typically flame out after a few seasons due to physical health.  Then you have to be good at the draft which few teams are other than today's opponent.  The Steelers had 8 draft picks from this spring make the roster and they were still a team to watch out for last season.

Question is:

How do they do it so consistently, and the Ravens

10 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

That was a head scratcher for me too.  Going back to the off-season it would seem that having a set of run options (other than the QB sneak) on 3rd and 1,2,3 and goal line to be a priority.  Looking at the roster it sure seems like Moss would be a part of that and especially in games where the QB is playing in a dirty pocket like Josh did today. 

Gilliam looked good in short yardage situations in the pre-season.

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The Steelers defense is terrific. The offense? Yikes. They scored 16 points and it looked like an effort. The Bills looked like yips and nothing was working. I cannot really explain the difference, expect that it seems to me the Bills just need to jell (and Daboll needs to stop being cute in tight situations), while I think the Steelers offense looks mediocre (at best). 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Just now, Ann said:

The Steelers defense is terrific. The offense? Yikes. They scored 16 points and it looked like an effort. The Bills looked like yips and nothing was working. I cannot really explain the difference, expect that it seems to me the Bills just need to jell (and Daboll needs to stop being cute in tight situations), while I think the Steelers offense is mediocre. 🤷‍♀️

Agreed.  A few time we were on 4th down around the Steeler 35-40 and we should have punted unless our ST's are worse than what I am aware of.  Probably a 20 year low for me in terms of watching preseason and camp news.

• Like 1