Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Steelers Week 1: The Aftermath

Ann

24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng season and a lot can happen between now and the 17th game.  I'm not happy with this game (who would be?) but I try not to be too judgemental over week one, win or lose.

I'd feel better if our loss was to someone not expected to be in the AFC playoff picture this season.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 minutes ago, Meazza said:

It’s only one game but god damn we always  come crashing down when there is hype.

It’s called Bills-polar disorder.

• Haha 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

On the upside, I didn’t wear my BillsFansDotCom T today, so I don’t need to burn it in a ritual sacrifice.; so I’ve got that going for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Joe said:

If they start 0-2, I'm gonna be reaaaaaally in a bad place. Complete doompill lol

South Florida in September is not a place that a team from the North wants to be.  Especially with a Dolphins team that feels that we cheated them out of the playoffs.  We could very well be 0-2 by next Monday.  But unlike a lot of Bills teams from the past I think we have the right group of guys to dig out of a hole like that if it happens.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ann said:

The Steelers defense is terrific. The offense? Yikes. They scored 16 points and it looked like an effort. The Bills looked like yips and nothing was working. I cannot really explain the difference, expect that it seems to me the Bills just need to jell (and Daboll needs to stop being cute in tight situations), while I think the Steelers offense looks mediocre (at best). 🤷‍♀️

Yes, who throws the ball backwards into the backfield on a must have short yardage play?  Probably not 31 other coordinators. 

• Like 4

• The Pittsburgh defense was simply outmanning our OL. They're a tremendous defense and I'm not going to pretend they don't.
  • Allen is at his best rolling right. No idea why they never rolled him out.
  • The Pittsburgh receivers were making the catches that the Bills receivers made last year, but didn't make today. The Sanders drop was the worst that would have given the Bills the firs town to keep driving while it was still a one-score game
  • The holding calls were ridiculous, but it was clear our L & R tackles were just overpowered.
  • Most of all, this is an incredibly overhyped team. Everyone picking them to get to the SB. It's not a stretch to think they went into this game believing the press clippings, so it's my hope they take a long look at each other before the trip to Miami.

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

My husband was actually yelling at the TV about this. I've made a real Bills Fan out of him! :cheer:

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:
  • The Pittsburgh defense was simply outmanning our OL. They're a tremendous defense and I'm not going to pretend they don't.
  • The Pittsburgh receivers were making the catches that the Bills receivers made last year, but didn't make today. The Sanders drop was the worst that would have given the Bills the firs town to keep driving while it was still a one-score game
  • The holding calls were ridiculous, but it was clear our L & R tackles were just overpowered.
  • Most of all, this is an incredibly overhyped team. Everyone picking them to get to the SB. It's not a stretch to think they went into this game believing the press clippings, so it's my hope they take a long look at each other before the trip to Miami.

The team seems to do better when the sky is falling.  I’m guessing atop is in meltdown mode as we speak.

2 minutes ago, Meazza said:

The team seems to do better when the sky is falling.  I’m guessing atop is in meltdown mode as we speak.

So grateful to have this place. The ATOP shit show must be in full meltdown mode.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

So grateful to have this place. The ATOP shit show must be in full meltdown mode.

I may climb on the panic wagon if they lose next week, especially if the offense continues to look as bad as they did today. 

Both lines didn’t do their jobs today, that’s the punchline.

Still reeling from sitting Moss when you really needed that punch.

Will spend extra time with All-22 this week. 

Edited by GG1
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Agreed.  A few time we were on 4th down around the Steeler 35-40 and we should have punted unless our ST's are worse than what I am aware of.  Probably a 20 year low for me in terms of watching preseason and camp news.

The numbers say "go for it" more often than not.  That being said, some of being an effective coach is feeling "each" game and knowing what'll make your team successful no matter what the odds say.  This was  a game to pin the Steelers deep and play defense because the odds of them driving the field weren't high, especially with deep starts.

I think the Steelers are in a lot of trouble this season.  They might not win 8 games because Ben isn't going to get better as the year goes on and it's going to be tough for their defense to play at such a consistently high level.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ann said:

The good:

The defense was much better than expected, although they let the team down on that last scoring drive by the Steelers.
Tyler Bass

The bad:

The offense just did not look in sync.
Daboll's play calling was suspect, at best.

The ugly:

The holding calls. W.T. F?

josh is most successful on play action

we'll fake the Steelers out by going 5 wide

and then not blocking anyone

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

I may climb on the panic wagon if they lose next week, especially if the offense continues to look as bad as they did today. 

For me 6-8 weeks before I panic.  I think off years are a little more common place now versus years ago.  The near future is very bright for this team overall.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Both lines didn’t do their jobs today, that’s the punchline.

Still reeling from sitting Moss when you really needed that punch.

Will spend extra time with All-22 this week. 

More forgivable with the DL with its changes versus the OL.

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The numbers say "go for it" more often than not.  That being said, some of being an effective coach is feeling "each" game and knowing what'll make your team successful no matter what the odds say.  This was  a game to pin the Steelers deep and play defense because the odds of them driving the field weren't high, especially with deep starts.

I think the Steelers are in a lot of trouble this season.  They might not win 8 games because Ben isn't going to get better as the year goes on and it's going to be tough for their defense to play at such a consistently high level.

The Steelers being out of it by late November would be the silver lining in all this.

• Like 2