Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Steelers Week 1: The Aftermath

Ann

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

I’m sure McD will have a heart to heart with Daboll this week.

If we want to be Uber critical, the offense has not fired on all cylinders for 4 straight games, including playoffs.

That's what I was thinking when reading the 'it's only week one' comments.  The word is out on how to defend the Bills.

Josh was bad at every aspect of being a QB today.  Decision making, accuracy, ball security, leadership.  I'm tired of hearing about a 4th year guy being too amped up to hit his wide open receivers.

OL and coaching were equally terrible.  4th and 8 instead of kicking a FG when you have the lead?  Huh?

Defense was surprisingly good, at least in the first half.  The pass rush didn't get home in the second half and the Steelers made some nice catches in big spots.

• Like 2

Realize they were, in & of themselves, kind of little things (at least the 2nd one was), but the 2 small plays that really stood out to me were the hold on White waiving off the interception & rushing a play at the end of the 3rd when they were about to get the wind behind them along w/ the lead.

Didn't see why they called holding on Tre.  It looked clean to this homer.  Would've given them the ball in field goal range & a ton of momentum.

And the other one put them at 4th & 1 rather than 3rd & 1.  Have no idea why they tried to get that extra play in.  There wasn't a blown coverage or Steelers just standing around to try & exploit.

That's 2 bad games in a row in this building for Haack.  Hopefully punting against his old team settles him down.

Those of you planning on rewatchingbthis are gluttons for punishment.  On to Miami.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I’m almost stunned that Daboll didn’t attempt a Hidden Ball Trick or Statue of Liberty.

He must be saving those for next week’s high leverage spots.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Didn't see why they called holding on Tre.  It looked clean to this homer.  Would've given them the ball in field goal range & a ton of momentum.

I think that was the same play Hughes was blatantly held.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Both lines didn’t do their jobs today, that’s the punchline.

Still reeling from sitting Moss when you really needed that punch.

Will spend extra time with All-22 this week. 

Did Breida do anything noteworthy?

He looked like nothing special in the preseason. I’m trying to understand the move. 

33 minutes ago, Nanker said:

The Steelers were by far the tougher team today. The Bills will never win a damn thing until they put other teams in the E. R. (Metaphorically speaking). 

You mean like give the other team Covid? (metaphorically speaking)

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

Yes, who throws the ball backwards into the backfield on a must have short yardage play?  Probably not 31 other coordinators. 

What's more...you have Josh Allen, and it's 4th and 1. 

If you can't convert a QB sneak in that situation, you have no business being on the field.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, snafu said:

Did Breida do anything noteworthy?

He looked like nothing special in the preseason. I’m trying to understand the move. 

Umm, he failed to pick up the 3rd down conversion setting up Daboll's brain fart.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Umm, he failed to pick up the 3rd down conversion setting up Daboll's brain fart.

thanks. I didn’t see a minute of the game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I just want to be the first to say: Mitch Trubisky should start next week.

Not enough. We must gut the team, from top to bottom, and find a new owner who cares. This team will accomplish nothing until we blow it all up. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boo 1

3 hours ago, GG1 said:

I’m sure McD will have a heart to heart with Daboll this week.

If we want to be Uber critical, the offense has not fired on all cylinders for 4 straight games, including playoffs.

I actually think the heart to heart was in his headset right after the play. Something like, what the heck was that? 

58 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It's almost like the Steelers recognized the play when Daboll called the QB draw for the sixth time.

• Like 1