Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Must be vaccinated to go to Bills game

mead107

One upside. If a Bills game becomes a super spreader event once the mandate kicks in, the parrots won't be able to blame the unvaccinated. They definitely won't shift the goalposts.

group-laugh.gif

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Fallser said:

I’ll take anyone’s tickets who want to walk away! It’s more fun knowing someone isn’t blowing beer-Covid breath over your shoulder the entire game! ✌️

What's keeping you from blowing YOUR beer-Covid breath over other peoples' shoulders the entire game?

Spoiler alert: it ain't the vaccine.

So in what world does your reasoning work?

Spoiler alert V2.0: it doesn't.

20 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

What's keeping you from blowing YOUR beer-Covid breath over other peoples' shoulders the entire game?

Spoiler alert: it ain't the vaccine.

So in what world does your reasoning work?

Spoiler alert V2.0: it doesn't.

The reasoning is simple...

... that's a White Claw dude.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

What's the point of the vaccine then if it doesn't protect you from that?

Do Seatbelts stop car wrecks or minimize the affects?

So Airbags stop car wrecks or minimize the affect?

So parachutes stop you from hitting the ground or does it minimize affect?

Do child seats stop car wrecks or minimize the affect?

See how this argument doesnt hold water?

(I'm repeating a post from ATOP.  Its not mine, but I thought it was an easy to understand response to the question) 

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

(I'm repeating a post from ATOP.  Its not mine, but I thought it was an easy to understand response to the question) 

The lack of basic thought it takes to make that argument is effin' embarrassing, and yet I see it everywhere.

It's just like the moronic Obamacare argument.

"You have to get insurance for your car, right? What's the difference?"

"Ummmm...so if I don't have a car, I still need to get car insurance?"

Our education system is bearing its fruits surprisingly early, and we're outnumbered by the idiots.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Wrong analogies because vaccines are supposed to prevent infection and minimize deaths.   

And if you follow the data & science, there is very little difference in the effects for younger healthy people in the virus response of vaxxed vs unvaxxed.  Never mind that the Covid survivors appear to have greater protection than the vaxxed.

So tell me how universal vaccination mandates offer anything more than window dressing for a large portion of the population?

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

The lack of basic thought it takes to make that argument is effin' embarrassing, and yet I see it everywhere.

It's just like the moronic Obamacare argument.

"You have to get insurance for your car, right? What's the difference?"

"Ummmm...so if I don't have a car, I still need to get car insurance?"

Our education system is bearing its fruits surprisingly early, and we're outnumbered by the idiots.

How does taking preventive measures to protect ones self from bodily harm relate to after the fact insurance?

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

If you knew someone who burned to death in a car due to a faulty seat belt (as I do), you might not use that analogy.
If you knew someone who splatted on the ground because their parachute did not open, you might not use that analogy.
The child care seat minimizing is the argument that stands up best due to the word "minimizing," but it is really not the same.

One of the issues with all these arguments, is none of them are injected inside the human body.  The people who are hesitant to inject a new vaccine into their body have every right to hesitate as there have been plenty of times we were assured that "the vaccine was safe" and it has been pulled later. We simply do not know. Right now, this is a 150M guinea pig experiment. Largest test subject group ever.

I'm pretty sure most of the people complaining about the stadium mandates will simply stay home, although some might capitulate. Will there be people ticked off enough to no longer be a fan? No idea.  For the Bills, as long as they are winning, someone else who has been vaccinated will take the seats. (For the Sabres? Oy.)  This will definitely impact travel dollars, however, as there are people who simply will not get vaccinated because some football team says they should and go through the expense and inconvenience to travel to see that team in Buffalo, not when there are options in other states without this requirement (and not going in person at all).

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Wrong analogies because vaccines are supposed to prevent infection and minimize deaths.   

And if you follow the data & science, there is very little difference in the effects for younger healthy people in the virus response of vaxxed vs unvaxxed.  Never mind that the Covid survivors appear to have greater protection than the vaxxed.

So tell me how universal vaccination mandates offer anything more than window dressing for a large portion of the population?

It does help prevent the spread of infection and minimize deaths. The numbers are blown up in ATOP. NFL has determined you are 7x less likely to spread the virus when vaccinated. Per Hap.

Edited by Figster

14 minutes ago, Ann said:

If you knew someone who burned to death in a car due to a faulty seat belt (as I do), you might not use that analogy.
If you knew someone who splatted on the ground because their parachute did not open, you might not use that analogy.
The child care seat minimizing is the argument that stands up best due to the word "minimizing," but it is really not the same.

One of the issues with all these arguments, is none of them are injected inside the human body.  The people who are hesitant to inject a new vaccine into their body have every right to hesitate as there have been plenty of times we were assured that "the vaccine was safe" and it has been pulled later. We simply do not know. Right now, this is a 150M guinea pig experiment. Largest test subject group ever.

I'm pretty sure most of the people complaining about the stadium mandates will simply stay home, although some might capitulate. Will there be people ticked off enough to no longer be a fan? No idea.  For the Bills, as long as they are winning, someone else who has been vaccinated will take the seats. (For the Sabres? Oy.)  This will definitely impact travel dollars, however, as there are people who simply will not get vaccinated because some football team says they should and go through the expense and inconvenience to travel to see that team in Buffalo, not when there are options in other states without this requirement (and not going in person at all).

So your saying to jump out of a plane without a parachute is better?

Or ride in a car without safety belts is better? Having lost a family member going through a windshield your argument is flawed to me.

With all due respect  

Edited by Figster

It does help prevent the spread of infection and minimize deaths. The numbers are blown up in ATOP. NFL has determined you are 7x less likely to spread the virus when vaccinated. Per Hap.

Tell that to my son and his friends. Three weeks ago, a group of 17, all vaccinated... ended up with 13 positives, 10 had symptoms. I am not convinced it is minimizing spread.

Those NFL numbers? The unvaccinated were being tested daily and  the vaccinated every other week when those stats came out.  7x? Shouldn't it have been 14x?

Now if you want to state vaccinations are minimizing hospitalizations and deaths, unless the data is being manipulated *cough* that appears to be true.

• Cheers 1

Oh there's a golden source.   

I'm sure she didn't massage the data in any way to hammer away a statistically insignificant data point, such as where are those transmissions occurring, to whom and how would they interpolate to other settings?    Why does the virus operate differently in a regular season game than in preseason?   Where are the outbreaks following the Green Bay game? 

I'm guessing that Hap is totally silent on the likelihood of ANY transmission in a large outdoor location.   Nor her position on what happens to healthy people who get breakthrough infections.

Wouldn't it have been good to conduct a post-Lollapalooza study to see the infection incidence where 100K congregated in an open outdoor space for two days?   I'm guessing the results would have been consistent with any other outdoor events this past summer - ie a nothing burger.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

So your saying to jump out of a plane without a parachute is better?

Or ride in a car without safety belts is better? Having lost a family member going through a windshield your argument is flawed to me.

With all due respect  

Sure, that's exactly what I said. 🙄

And, I am sorry for your loss.

• Cheers 1

If this all wasn't so maddening, it would be hilarious. The same people who have spent the last ten years otherizing half the population are now surprised that those people don't trust them.

They tell them to trust the science, while also telling them that there are 147.3 genders.

They told them staying home and not going to weddings, funerals, or church was their civic duty, while actively supporting mass rioting.

They told them that racism is bad, and then turn right around and tell them how evil they are if they have a certain skin color.

These same assholes still do not and never will realize that this is their fault. They've proven they can't be trusted. They are the boy who cried wolf.

Still, they think more condescension is the answer. "Believe us you pathetic losers, we know what's best for you." That does not work anymore.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

On the other side of the argument and from a herd immunity standpoint. If the numbers at Highmark can get above 80% vaccinated. The risk of spreading the virus at an outdoor football game would be very low IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

On the other side of the argument and from a herd immunity standpoint. If the numbers at Highmark can get above 80% vaccinated. The risk of spreading the virus at an outdoor football game would be very low IMO. 

Back of the envelope math says you're there.  Even with the evil delta running around NYS, the Erie County new case count is 50% of where it was in April and 25%-30% of where it was in the winter.

I'm guessing more data points that Hap ignores.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

9 minutes ago, Ann said:

Sure, that's exactly what I said. 🙄

And, I am sorry for your loss.

I know its not exactly what you said, but lives saved vs lives lost is very lopsided Ann

I think the same can be said about the vaccinated, and those who are not.