Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Must be vaccinated to go to Bills game

mead107

1 minute ago, Ann said:

You cannot bubble wrap anyone unless you want to raise a dysfunctional society.  I understand wanting to, believe me, I do. But it is not good in the long run. These kids have been psychologically abused in the name of "protecting" them, and we have seen a rise in teen suicide due to isolation.

We are at the point when the "cure" is far worse than the disease for nearly everyone, especially children.

I understand where you are coming from Ann. Really, I do, mentally this pandemic has done a number on a big part of the population. I get it. We still can't lose sight of the fact that we have an evolving situation/ virus that might start aiming its ugly head at our younger generation.

Kids are smarter then we give them credit for IMO.  Perhaps our younger generation can find a way to one day fix our Nations dysfunction when facing a Pandemic.    

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

You cannot bubble wrap anyone unless you want to raise a dysfunctional society.  I understand wanting to, believe me, I do. But it is not good in the long run. These kids have been psychologically abused in the name of "protecting" them, and we have seen a rise in teen suicide due to isolation.

We are at the point when the "cure" is far worse than the disease for nearly everyone, especially children.

Someone needs to do an actual study of expected child/teenage deaths from COVD, vs actual suicide deaths over the past 18 months.

But no one will.  That'll never get public funding; and even with alternative funding, the data sets are in government hands and wouldn't be made available.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Kids are smarter then we give them credit for IMO.  Perhaps our younger generation can find a way to one day fix our Nations dysfunction when facing a Pandemic.    

Only if our younger generation discards the Constitution.  Our nation's dysfunction comes largely from the federal system and separation of powers: public health has always been handled at the state and local level.  Usually - almost always - that works.  When there needs to be a national public health response, the US has always fumbled it, because we're not set up that way.  AIDS is a great example.  

Such a great example, in fact, that the arguments of personal freedom vs. protection made during the early AIDS epidemic (specifically, San Francisco gay men arguing against condom use and closing bathhouses) are being rehashed for COVID.  Ironically, with the two parties reversing sides. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Someone needs to do an actual study of expected child/teenage deaths from COVD, vs actual suicide deaths over the past 18 months.

But no one will.  That'll never get public funding; and even with alternative funding, the data sets are in government hands and wouldn't be made available.

It would not surprise me If suicides across the board are up. Doctors, nurses, police, young people, old people, everyone. You can blame the pandemic. Giving the virus what it needs to continue the spread, helps continue its destruction including suicides IMO. 

I'm getting a little off topic here...

Edited by Figster

14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Only if our younger generation discards the Constitution.  Our nation's dysfunction comes largely from the federal system and separation of powers: public health has always been handled at the state and local level.  Usually - almost always - that works.  When there needs to be a national public health response, the US has always fumbled it, because we're not set up that way.  AIDS is a great example.  

Such a great example, in fact, that the arguments of personal freedom vs. protection made during the early AIDS epidemic (specifically, San Francisco gay men arguing against condom use and closing bathhouses) are being rehashed for COVID.  Ironically, with the two parties reversing sides. 

You sound real familar, hmmm,

Lets stay on topic, but good post

Figster copy pasting from the “vaccinated but terrified” thread from ATOP 🤦🏼‍♂️

They deleted my post about the fans that wish Beasley and Joe Rogan died from covid tomorrow as that’s kind of the sentiment going around.  

“covid Beasley” is a hilarious joke you can hear on repeat 🤮

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, snafu said:

NEVER!

So stuff it.

We never hear that message.

Though I have heard things like "if you've had Covid, then getting the vaccine is akin to a booster shot".

no, it's not

a booster jab limits whatever natural immunity you had generated from surviving covid

due to its spike protein specific programming

thus not very effective against Delta

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Figster copy pasting from the “vaccinated but terrified” thread from ATOP 🤦🏼‍♂️

They deleted my post about the fans that wish Beasley and Joe Rogan died from covid tomorrow as that’s kind of the sentiment going around.  

“covid Beasley” is a hilarious joke you can hear on repeat 🤮

ATOP has become the 99 Cents Store of Bills message boards. It's like watching Joy Reid interview AOC on a 24/7 cycle. 

Why anyone spends much time there is beyond me. I peek over there on occasion, and it essentially makes me question my fandom.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2021 at 8:28 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Welp.   Guess I’m lucky I made the home opener.    

Only 899 more days to stop the spread 😬😂

You dick. You were there?!?!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Figster said:

It does help prevent the spread of infection and minimize deaths. The numbers are blown up in ATOP. NFL has determined you are 7x less likely to spread the virus when vaccinated. Per Hap.

Hapless has been wrong more than right when it comes to actual speculation. She is a bright woman who understands the science but doesn't understand the process, science behind it, etc.

I've been right better than her by understanding the science and talking to actual experts from the beginning.

• Cheers 3

23 hours ago, Figster said:

Well Hap did ignore my comment earlier without challenging it. 

This is a push to try to get more people vaccinated. I realize it seems unjust, perhaps in many ways its true. Myself personally, I have no problem being part of the number that brings us closer to herd immunity. To help protect those of you who choose not to be vaccinated.

We're close as a nation, but not there yet...

Funny. I am in a major group message with many libs. They mocked the idea of herd immunity ever being possible, along with reaching 100mm vaccines safely just a year ago.

Today they're Kool aid confident

What changed in the last year?

20 hours ago, Figster said:

Having been on the inside of an off board discussion between Hap and an ATOP patron that released a study recently on large gatherings such as sports events. I can tell you Hap is very much on point with everything Covid as it relates to large gatherings IMO.

The patron that posted the study admits the data was early on in the pandemic and out dated. Contrary to what the study indicated the same patron says he himself would not attend games with people who are not vaccinated because of the risk.  

I have access far beyond what she does. Trust me. She gets all of her info 3rd hand at best. 

My wife gets this directly or 2nd hand. I see the difference in how much hap is right or how long it takes her to catch up to the "latest."

The fact that she still discusses the "delta" variant which was an issue only in June or so is proof. The next dangerous variant just mutated today. We just haven't found it and we may never because it's replication won't likely be anything near the level it reached. 

Edit. I don't think she means harm. I think she truly believes she is helping others and too jaded to realize she is being sanctimonious. Her beliefs trump all things including her honesty, which I don't fault her or anyone for - morale fiber is extremely rare to uphold. 

Edited by Boyst
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Funny. I am in a major group message with many libs. They mocked the idea of herd immunity ever being possible, along with reaching 100mm vaccines safely just a year ago.

Today they're Kool aid confident

What changed in the last year?

I have access far beyond what she does. Trust me. She gets all of her info 3rd hand at best. 

My wife gets this directly or 2nd hand. I see the difference in how much hap is right or how long it takes her to catch up to the "latest."

The fact that she still discusses the "delta" variant which was an issue only in June or so is proof. The next dangerous variant just mutated today. We just haven't found it and we may never because it's replication won't likely be anything near the level it reached. 

Thanks

Not much data on the Mu variant yet, do you have any insight? 

Myself personally, I'm not kool aid confident about anything when we're putting millions of children below 12 together in classrooms.

Hapless tends to look at everything under a microscope. True that. She is a bright woman. Going under the impression Hap was a guy originally then finding out hes a she and way more knowledgeable and intelligent then your average bear. Getting scolded by her is fine by me, lol.

Edited by Figster

59 minutes ago, Figster said:

Thanks

Not much data on the Mu variant yet, do you have any insight? 

Myself personally, I'm not kool aid confident about anything when we're putting millions of children below 12 together in classrooms.

Hapless tends to look at everything under a microscope. True that. She is a bright woman. Going under the impression Hap was a guy originally then finding out hes a she and way more knowledgeable and intelligent then your average bear. Getting scolded by her is fine by me, lol.

Insight into viral mutations matters now for 5 minutes. It's a virus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

Insight into viral mutations matters now for 5 minutes. It's a virus. 

The virus is not naturally occuring and made in a lab IMO.

Everyones hypothesis (true or not) is happening in real time.

To me herd immunity levels are already high enough to help protect the small percentage of people who are not vaccinated at Highmark. I don't see a large outbreak occurring. Just my personal opinion. Kids 12 and under are probably safer there then attending school where a  gathering of the unvaccinated takes place IMO.

Edited by Figster

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 hours ago, Figster said:

Having been on the inside of an off board discussion between Hap and an ATOP patron that released a study recently on large gatherings such as sports events. I can tell you Hap is very much on point with everything Covid as it relates to large gatherings IMO.

The patron that posted the study admits the data was early on in the pandemic and out dated. Contrary to what the study indicated the same patron says he himself would not attend games with people who are not vaccinated because of the risk.  

Hap confuses science and policy, and thinks disagreement with the latter is denial of the former.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3
  • FANtastic 2

Deranged Rhino
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Hap confuses science and policy, and thinks disagreement with the latter is denial of the former.

Which sums up the entire problem overall — the battle between science and religion has reached a crazy new level of absurdity where the empiricists have become the dogmatists without a hint of irony or understanding. 

Which just shows you 99% of people are incapable of independent thought in the face of mass propaganda and fear mongering. They’re sheep who wish to be tended to. 

&#%$ those people. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 3

49 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which sums up the entire problem overall — the battle between science and religion has reached a crazy new level of absurdity where the empiricists have become the dogmatists without a hint of irony or understanding. 

Which just shows you 99% of people are incapable of independent thought in the face of mass propaganda and fear mongering. They’re sheep who wish to be tended to. 

&#%$ those people. 

Science, religion, politics, civil rights infringement, all wrapped up in a tight knot.

Sorry OP , for drifting off topic (which is so easy to do)

Edited by Figster
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
50 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

&#%$ those people. 

They're zealots.  Defined as: people who know what God would decide, if only He had all the facts of the matter.  

What truly irks me is the ultimate fungibility of their opinions.  My sister, who 15 years ago wouldn't get her own kids vaccinated for fear of autism and vehemently disagreed with me when I argued that vaccinations should be both free and mandatory, now argues that vaccination should be both free and mandatory.  She changed her mind because "the science changed."

No, it didn't.  The science stayed the same.  Your self-righteousness changed, like a true progressive.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Boyst said:

You dick. You were there?!?!

yea I’m too busy working to take on the “downtime” after second shot so I don’t think I was allowed on hammers lot without zeeeee papers.    

I might do it over the winter but who knows. 

I had a good time, bar bill/falls/stayed over by the mall in Cheektowaga.    

I thought it was pretty awesome, I don’t get the Buffalo slander. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

yea I’m too busy working to take on the “downtime” after second shot so I don’t think I was allowed on hammers lot without zeeeee papers.    

I might do it over the winter but who knows. 

I had a good time, bar bill/falls/stayed over by the mall in Cheektowaga.    

I thought it was pretty awesome, I don’t get the Buffalo slander. 

Uhh. You'd have been allowed in hammers lot. No one was checking papers.

And even if they were, we would have got you in. 

• Like 1