Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Official "All Other Games" Thread - Week 2

IDBillzFan

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Although I can see how this would NOT be fun to watch if it's your team playing and they're sitting there saying "Why would you call that play right there?"

Yeah, but with Lynn and Hackett how can you not question their calls?

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Although I can see how this would NOT be fun to watch if it's your team playing and they're sitting there saying "Why would you call that play right there?"

It is something to watch instead of the play by play. Heck, I wish they were an alternative to the SNF team.

59 minutes ago, Ann said:

It is something to watch instead of the play by play. Heck, I wish they were an alternative to the SNF team.

I actually like Griese and Riddick. They do a pretty good job of breaking down plays, etc., which I like. It's Levy that makes it feel like I'm watching "The Price is Right."

One of the appeals to Peyton and Eli is them breaking down the defense on the field, and what kind of plays work against "two high," etc., and will Rodgers be patient with the dump-offs. By the time they were rooting for the Packers to miss a 3rd down conversion so they could have Pat McAfee do the play by play on a Bojo punt, you thought it couldn't get better, until you realize McAfee has money on the Packers minus 11 1/2, and if the Lions score in garbage time, he loses his bet.

Again, couldn't do it during a Bills game because they talk over plays a lot, but it's a much better option.  

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Yeah, but with Lynn and Hackett how can you not question their calls?

I'm a Bills homer, so I have a soft spot for Lynn. I thought they should have made him the Bills HC, and I cheer for him wherever he goes. I really wanted him to succeed. My sense is he makes a great leader. Probably not a great HC. But I still cheer for him.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I actually like Griese and Riddick. They do a pretty good job of breaking down plays, etc., which I like. It's Levy that makes it feel like I'm watching "The Price is Right."

Full agreement here.  I find Levy's over enthusiasm distracting but like both Riddick and Griese.   Not surprising on the later, his father (for all he put us through in the 70s), was excellent all those years doing college games with Keith Jackson.

But not sure how I missed this Manning thing;  that had to have been entertaining.  Will check out the next one.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Anyone watch this Peyton and Eli version of MNF? on ESPN2?

They have Brett Favre with them, breaking down plays, but watching like knowledgeable fans. 

I gotta say, it doesn't suck.

It was very entertaining, Gronk was great, deep down he's still a Buffalo Polack (I can say so because I'm one too), and Pat McAfee was a riot, he had to be hammered. 

• Like 1