Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Dolphins Week 2: The Aftermath

Ann

12 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Did anyone see Edmunds on the field in the second half?   I normally laser focus on him but I was instead watching the DLine obliterate the Fish.

Was he benched?  Injured?  Just invisible like most games?  He was pretty bad in the first half, so I'm wondering if McDermott finally had enough.

Will tell you later.  Right now, Game Rewind is unwatchable with the jerkiness & buffering.   

Gee NFL, maybe put a few more million into your tech instead of stupid helmet slogans?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Will tell you later.  Right now, Game Rewind is unwatchable with the jerkiness & buffering.   

Gee NFL, maybe put a few more million into your tech instead of stupid helmet slogans?

I saw somewhere that he was dehydrated and didn't play the second half.

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Radio said he was in the locker room at the start of the first half with an IV for cramps.  Then was on the sidelines...but they didn't play him.  "Because of the cramps," supposedly.

But he got a game ball at the end.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

But he got a game ball at the end.

It's a conspiracy by Big...someone.  Big Pharma?  Big Oil?  Big Laundry?  Someone big...

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's a conspiracy by Big...someone.  Big Pharma?  Big Oil?  Big Laundry?  Someone big...

Big Emmy? They give awards to imposters all the time.

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

C'mon, now. Stop the hate.

Hey look. It's working.:classic_dry:

14 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He was pretty bad in the first half, so I'm wondering if McDermott finally had enough.

He was a non-factor in the first half.  The big run by Gaskin was the result of the usual hesitation to hit the hole and attack the runner.  By the time he reacted to the play, Gaskin had the amgle on him.

BTW, I'm guessing Cover1 will devote this week to Allen's footwork.  It was godawful reprise of 2019 in the first half.  😞

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ann said:

When you think about it, this is kind of crazy... 5 TDs and people are dissatisfied with the offense (I am!) and expect better (I do!)

There are two things you can look at with any football game:

1) The outcome of the game.

2) The level of play you saw.

As for 1), you have a 35-0 win over a division rival. Not much ambiguity there! 🙂 

But as for 2), I’d point out the following. Over the course of his career Tom Brady has averaged 7.5 yards per pass attempt. Trent Edwards’ average is 6.5. Just one yard per attempt separates the two. What was Josh Allen’s average yards per attempt against Miami? 5.4. That’s a terrible number. At least it’s better than Nate Peterman (4.2). 

It’s normal for a QB’s yards per attempt to vary widely from one game to the next. A couple bad games are not in themselves a cause for concern. But I for one will be very happy if or when we once again see last year’s Josh Allen. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Tua just doesn't look sturdy enough to be a QB in this league, at least not behind that offensive offensive line. 

I dont think he lasts through the season as starter. He is no good. 

• Like 1