Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Do You Still Play Madden?

Robs House

For over a decade, any game console I had was primarily a Madden machine.Every year I could be counted on to scoop up EA's latest offering. But since 2010, I've only bought two Madden titles, and the last one was 6 years ago.

Maybe it's just me, and I've lost interest in playing simulated football, but I tend to think it's the game. Everybody talks about how they don't innovate from year to year, but it seems like the game has actually regressed over the last decade or so. The graphics look better, but the gameplay has gotten worse. 

Of course, after the NFL sold us out by giving EA the exclusive rights deal, they have no real incentive to improve the game. Their decision to scrap franchise mode illustrates the point. With no competition they only have to make it good enough to sell to football fans who still want to play a football game. That isn't a real high bar.

So what's your take? Are you still a fan of the series, or do you share in my disenchantment?

• Like 1

Never forget the first time I bought myself a gaming station so I could play Madden. Had a big TV and nothing but time.

It took me 30 minutes to realize the football knowledge required to play that game far exceeded my ability to do no more than turn a machine on so vibration could determine the outcome of a play.

Now, let's talk Leisure Suit Larry In The Land of the Lounge Lizards. I CRUSHED that game.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I buy it every year, but don’t really play it much.

I have a couple of buddies I run a multiplayer franchise mode with, but we don’t play the games. We just GM against each other.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

My game is a little older

Review: Red Zone Electric Football By Tudor Games, A Classic Lives On on  Make a GIF

i still have no clue how that game is supposed to be played, or what drugs the inventors of that game were on when they created it.

Last Madden I bought was 2016.  I've played 2017-2022 on friends' consoles, and it's pretty much the same game with updated rosters

What's really killed it for me was last year when they went SJW and put Kapernick in the game.  And thus year, they doubled down on SJW nonsense by rating CK higher than Justin Herbert

• Doh! 1
  • Wow 1
  • FANtastic 1

The only one I ever had was Madden '93.  Pretty sure I played a full season (all teams).  I found the team rankings below;  still pissed they only had Bruce as an 8 (out of 15) for speed.

I loved being the Saints because you could wreak havoc with Rickey Jackson and Pat Swilling.

image.png.bf7a68e7de1a6fe8ba054b5d5acd86a7.png

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

The only one I ever had was Madden '93.  Pretty sure I played a full season (all teams).  I found the team rankings below;  still pissed they only had Bruce as an 8 (out of 15) for speed.

I loved being the Saints because you could wreak havoc with Rickey Jackson and Pat Swilling.

image.png.bf7a68e7de1a6fe8ba054b5d5acd86a7.png

Jeff Wright faster than Bruce?  :classic_laugh:

20 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

i still have no clue how that game is supposed to be played, or what drugs the inventors of that game were on when they created it.

You need to adjust the little connectors on the bottom of each player then look for one that moves forward. GIVE THAT GUY THE BALL. That game was a real joke AND aggravating too

On 9/21/2021 at 3:02 PM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I buy it every year, but don’t really play it much.

I have a couple of buddies I run a multiplayer franchise mode with, but we don’t play the games. We just GM against each other.

Do you guys play with the default teams or do you pay the in-game fees for better players?