Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Star injured. Again.

Joe

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

10 hours ago, LB3 said:

That stinks. He was really good on Sunday. Very disruptive.

9 hours ago, Ann said:

He definitely made a difference. 

He was more than just a difference maker. There were multiple times he just took over the game. Espenesa, and to a lesser degree Groot, got all the major accolades for their flashy play, but with a few exceptions none of it was possible without this:

F2995AFD-104C-4DD0-BB09-06BFCC29BF45.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Cheers 3

It sometimes seems as if every third player on the roster is a defensive lineman. In a situation like this you’d hope there’d be a guy who could step into the one tech spot and play well if need be. 

What about Basham? I hear he can play either inside or outside. Does that mean he can play one tech, or is he pretty much a three tech guy? Is he ready to play well at the NFL level? If not Basham, is there some other guy we can lean heavily on if Star isn’t good to go? In asking that question I’m not just thinking about the game against Football Team, but about the season as a whole. 

2 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

It sometimes seems as if every third player on the roster is a defensive lineman. In a situation like this you’d hope there’d be a guy who could step into the one tech spot and play well if need be. 

What about Basham? I hear he can play either inside or outside. Does that mean he can play one tech, or is he pretty much a three tech guy? Is he ready to play well at the NFL level? If not Basham, is there some other guy we can lean heavily on if Star isn’t good to go? In asking that question I’m not just thinking about the game against Football Team, but about the season as a whole. 

Realistically it's a question for 2022.  Last year showed how difficult it is to fill that position in this defense.   Essentially nearly every D spot is plug and play, except for that big body at the D pivot.