Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Pro Football Focus grades Bills' Matt Milano as NFL's best linebacker

Foxx

So glad we resigned him.

Pro Football Focus grades Bills' Matt Milano as NFL's best linebacker

53bd0d3f1a4d44fab47c80410c1b0741.jpg?w=1

...According to the football analytics outlet, the Bills have the NFL’s best linebacker on their roster currently and it’s not Tremaine Edmunds. It’s Milano.

Per PFF’s grades, Milano has earned a mark of 86.6 overall so far this season. That’s the highest of any linebacker in the league. ...

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Joe said:

i stopped at PFF

I always look at PFF as an "even PFF says he's good" type situation. Nothing to rely on, but fun to see a positive.

Deranged Rhino
6 hours ago, GG1 said:

It's been obvious since day 1 that Milano is the most valuable guy on this D.  

He's exactly the guy the defense needs - and exactly the sort of player regimes of years past would have let walk. Love watching him play, dude is fearless and skilled.

• Like 1

Beer__League__Hockey

19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Image what Milano could do if we had a a middle linebacker. 

Edmunds is a Sam LB all day, but he's on a team that doesn't use a Sam.  I expect they draft a replacement high next spring.  In the meantime, get used to his spotty play.  I would not be opposed to subbing in Klein more often, he makes better reads but does not cover as much space.  Honestly a net push between the 2 at this point, but a solution to the Kelsay coverage problem would be good to figure out while the SB window is still open...

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey
  • Cheers 1

Beer__League__Hockey
On 9/24/2021 at 7:54 AM, GG1 said:

It's been obvious since day 1 that Milano is the most valuable guy on this D.  

Taron would like a word.  But I would agree, play in and play out Milano has the most impact & consistency in his game - when available.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Edmunds is a Sam LB all day, but he's on a team that doesn't use a Sam.  I expect they draft a replacement high next spring.  In the meantime, get used to his spotty play.  I would not be opposed to subbing in Klein more often, he makes better reads but does not cover as much space.  Honestly a net push between the 2 at this point, but a solution to the Kelsay coverage problem would be good to figure out while the SB window is still open...

Just imagine this defense with Darius Leonard in the middle instead of Edmunds.  OMG.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Arguably, if you make better reads, you don't need to cover as much space.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Arguably, if you make better reads, you don't need to cover as much space.  

He showed it at the end of the season when he figured it out.  

57 minutes ago, GG1 said:

He showed it at the end of the season when he figured it out.  

He reads plays MUCH quicker than Edmunds and actually commits to his assignment aggressively.  Edmunds may understand what defense to call but he rarely looks like he has a clue what he's supposed to do, especially against the run.

• Like 2