Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Lawrence Vs. Wilson

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Both are off to truly abysmal starts to their careers.

Wilson is handicapped by the worst supporting cast in the NFL, and a head coach who set him up for failure by deciding to start him.

Lawrence, on the other hand, is being undermined by a head coach who is absolutely incompetent, and is rumored to be already looking to exit the NFL.

The question I put before you:

Which of the two finishes the season with more turnovers?

Wilson has 5 interceptions through 2 games, and has fumbled once, but it was recovered.

Lawrence has 7 interceptions through 3 games, and has fumbled twice, both lost.

Current tally:

Wilson 5

Lawrence 9

So, I ask you, BilsFansDotCom, who is your champion?

• Haha 1

I think Lawrence because Wilson is going to end up getting injured and missing a decent number of games. 

I can't believe anyone hired Urban Meyer.  The thing he did best in college football was recruit.  You can't out-athlete people in the NFL. 

• Like 4

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think Lawrence because Wilson is going to end up getting injured and missing a decent number of games. 

I can't believe anyone hired Urban Meyer.  The thing he did best in college football was recruit.  You can't out-athlete people in the NFL. 

To be honest, a minor injury that forced him out of the lineup might be the best thing that could possibly happen to Wilson. It would give Saleh an excuse to sit him down without destroying his confidence.

And I’m in 100% agreement about Meyer. Great college head coaches make lousy NFL head coaches. Meyer telling Vic Fangio that it feels like he’s “playing Alabama every week” in the NFL is very telling.

• Like 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
11 minutes ago, Ann said:

Trevor Lawrence had only lost 4 games (total) throughout high school and college. It must be a real shock to his system in Jax.

Fields? Here's hoping Chicago doesn't ruin him before they get a new coach.

I don’t think any of this year’s rookie QB crop is going to make it.

• Like 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I have not watched them enough. You'd figure one of them at least, but none? Wow.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Would be the 1st year since Manuel came out if it turns out that way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I think Fields has potential...but being drafted by the Bears may just kill his chances.  There is ZERO chance I'd be playing that kid behind that OLine.

Wilson might have the worst supporting cast in the NFL.  Becton is an all-world physical specimen but he's fragile AF.  The rest of the offense is a joke. 

Watching them struggle the way they do makes what Josh did his rookie year with that group of plumbers look even more spectacular.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think Fields has potential...but being drafted by the Bears may just kill his chances.  There is ZERO chance I'd be playing that kid behind that OLine.

Wilson might have the worst supporting cast in the NFL.  Becton is an all-world physical specimen but he's fragile AF.  The rest of the offense is a joke. 

Watching them struggle the way they do makes what Josh did his rookie year with that group of plumbers look even more spectacular.

I had the exact same thought, especially given how Wilson’s scouting report so closely mirrored Allen’s.

Also, I think you’re being too hard on plumbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Both are off to truly abysmal starts to their careers.

Wilson is handicapped by the worst supporting cast in the NFL, and a head coach who set him up for failure by deciding to start him.

Lawrence, on the other hand, is being undermined by a head coach who is absolutely incompetent, and is rumored to be already looking to exit the NFL.

The question I put before you:

Which of the two finishes the season with more turnovers?

26 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I was going to say...I think Lawrence ends the season with more turnovers, because he's likely to spend more time upright.  Wilson is going to &#%$ing die.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Mac Jones and Trey Lance might.  At the very least, they should...y'know...survive their rookie contracts. 

Fields, Wilson, Lawrence...they're looking at a future of physical therapy followed by exciting new opportunities in the insurance industry.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Mac Jones and Trey Lance might.  At the very least, they should...y'know...survive their rookie contracts. 

Fields, Wilson, Lawrence...they're looking at a future of physical therapy followed by exciting new opportunities in the insurance industry.

Fair point on Lance. We haven’t seen enough of him to know what he can do.

As far as Jones goes, he’s going to be run out of town by the New England fan base who are going to insist he’s terrible if he doesn’t win at least 6 Super Bowls in his first 10 seasons.

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Fair point on Lance. We haven’t seen enough of him to know what he can do.

As far as Jones goes, he’s going to be run out of town by the New England fan base who are going to insist he’s terrible if he doesn’t win at least 6 Super Bowls in his first 10 seasons.

Except after three years of not winning the division, the "New England" fan base will go back to rooting for the Giants, and Jones won't have to worry about their shit anyway.

• Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Except after three years of not winning the division, the "New England" fan base will go back to rooting for the Giants, and Jones won't have to worry about their shit anyway.

So, I live about 30 minutes from Gillette, and listen to local sports talk radio when I’m trying to scratch my sports itch while I’m driving.

The sports culture has drastically changed over the course of the past 20 years. The Giants fans turned Patriots fans are all older or dead now, and several generations of fans cut their teeth on the Brady dynasty.

New England’s sports punditry has to be the most awful in the nation. Imagine the worst, most vile and aggressive sports related hot take you’ve ever heard, multiply it by 10, and then give it a microphone and a 3 hour time slot.

They drive the sentiment of every mouth breathing Sully in the region.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

So, I live about 30 minutes from Gillette, and listen to local sports talk radio when I’m trying to scratch my sports itch while I’m driving.

The sports culture has drastically changed over the course of the past 20 years. The Giants fans turned Patriots fans are all older or dead now, and several generations of fans cut their teeth on the Brady dynasty.

New England’s sports punditry has to be the most awful in the nation. Imagine the worst, most vile and aggressive sports related hot take you’ve ever heard, multiply it by 10, and then give it a microphone and a 3 hour time slot.

They drive the sentiment of every mouth breathing Sully in the region.

I understand...but I still have faith in the ultimate fickleness of New Englanders.

• Haha 1

Literally just watched the end of the Jets game on split screen in order to see Wilson throw garbage time INT cause i knew it would happen... Did not disappoint. 

• Haha 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Final count after Week 3:

Lawrence: 9 (7 INT, 2 FUM lost)

Wilson: 7 (7 INT)

Sacks: Wilson 15, Lawrence 12

• Wow 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Tangentially relevant:

Today Mac Jones threw 3 INTs, and Justin Fields was sacked *NINE* times.

Jones threw the ball 51 times, which I can’t imagine will ever be a winning formula for a rookie who is a career game manager; and Fields passed for 68 yards.

• Wow 1
  • FANtastic 1