Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Lawrence Vs. Wilson

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
6 minutes ago, Ann said:

Noooo :cry:

Daboll will be able to pick his spot, and will do one of two things, should he decide to leave:

1) He will go somewhere where he can pick his quarterback, and that’s not Chicago. They’re married to Fields for the next 3-4 seasons.

2) He will go somewhere where he inherits a team he can win with right away, and that’s not Chicago either. They may have the second worst roster in the league after the Jets.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
51 minutes ago, Ann said:

Noooo :cry:

Genuinely, my first thought was "Fields is going to end up a backup in Buffalo like Trubisky?"  That offense is just that bad.

Crap Throwing Clavin
51 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Tangentially relevant:

Today Mac Jones threw 3 INTs, and Justin Fields was sacked *NINE* times.

Jones threw the ball 51 times, which I can’t imagine will ever be a winning formula for a rookie who is a career game manager; and Fields passed for 68 yards.

Fields, I believe, is less likely to survive the season than Wilson.  

Between Wilson, Lawrence, and Fields, one of these guys is going to get Ki-Jana Carter'd.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, Ann said:

Ouch

That works out to 85 sacks for the season.  

Of course, I doubt he gets sacked more than 40, before he's hospitalized.

• Wow 1

15 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

1) He will go somewhere where he can pick his quarterback, and that’s not Chicago. They’re married to Fields for the next 3-4 seasons.

When Matt Nagy and their GM are fired soon, Fields is up for grabs. 

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Record watch!!!

This is a fun list. I mean… not for the guys on it, but for the rest of us!

3C00F783-4E67-49AC-A478-E610F79F2972.jpeg

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Record watch!!!

This is a fun list. I mean… not for the guys on it, but for the rest of us!

3C00F783-4E67-49AC-A478-E610F79F2972.jpeg

I enjoy seeing Kenny O'Brien and Jeff George on that list, just because it makes me smile thinking about how thoroughly satisfying it was to watch Bruce sack them.

Cunningham, on the other hand...it's frustrating to think that he could be on that list three times, yet what's easily his single greatest play is a 95-yard TD pass to Fred Barnett where he ducks under Bruce Smith in the end zone.  Cunningham is one of my all-time favorite players; dude was a &#%$ing wizard.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I enjoy seeing Kenny O'Brien and Jeff George on that list, just because it makes me smile thinking about how thoroughly satisfying it was to watch Bruce sack them.

Cunningham, on the other hand...it's frustrating to think that he could be on that list three times, yet what's easily his single greatest play is a 95-yard TD pass to Fred Barnett where he ducks under Bruce Smith in the end zone.  Cunningham is one of my all-time favorite players; dude was a &#%$ing wizard.

Cunningham was one of the most exciting players I’ve ever seen. That poor bastard was sacked 484 times in his career in only 135 starts. The entire city of Philadelphia should send him a freaking apology letter. He must have been the happiest man alive when he finally boarded that plane for Minnesota.

Incase you, or anyone else, was wondering where our post-Kelly list of statues falls on the all time eat dirt list:

#22 Drew Bledsoe, 2002, 54

#55 Drew Bledsoe, 2003, 49

#55 Rob Johnson, 2000, 49

#81, J.P. Losman, 2006, 47

18 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

#55 Rob Johnson, 2000, 49

That loser only started in 11 games that season (played in 12 total).  I don't know how many he finished.

59 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/27/new-york-jets-greg-van-roten-zach-wilson-week-3-denver-broncos/

“He’s got to learn, this is the NFL, you’ve got to get the ball out,” Van Roten said, per SNY. “You can’t hold on to it and try to make a play and throw it deep downfield."

Insult to injury.

• Boo 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That loser only started in 11 games that season (played in 12 total).  I don't know how many he finished.

Even more (un)impressive was his 1998 season when he took 29 sacks in only 8 appearances (6 starts). Mother &#%$er had a sack percentage of 21.3. He was getting sacked more than 1/5 of the times he dropped back.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Even more (un)impressive was his 1998 season when he took 29 sacks in only 8 appearances (6 starts). Mother &#%$er had a sack percentage of 21.3. He was getting sacked more than 1/5 of the times he dropped back.

I almost hate to admit how much I enjoyed the first time he came back to Buffalo with the Redskins and the entire defensive line hammered him the first time he dropped back.

Literally one of my favorite individual plays of all time.

• Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I almost hate to admit how much I enjoyed the first time he came back to Buffalo with the Redskins and the entire defensive line hammered him the first time he dropped back.

Literally one of my favorite individual plays of all time.

I took so much shit from friends down here when RJ was on the Bills.  I really enjoyed returning it when he signed with the Redskins.  

Took more shit for Matthew Barnaby, though...always regretted him never playing for the Caps.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Cunningham was one of the most exciting players I’ve ever seen. That poor bastard was sacked 484 times in his career in only 135 starts. The entire city of Philadelphia should send him a freaking apology letter. He must have been the happiest man alive when he finally boarded that plane for Minnesota.

No small part of that, though, was because he was a "dual threat" running QB in a league where running QBs were all but unheard of (who preceded him?  Tarkenton and Staubach?  Contemporary with Young and Elway, predated the "prototypes" of McNabb and Vick.)  Which really meant, in the context of the game at the time, he was less a "dual threat" than a QB who scrambled really, really well and often gained yards doing it.  Which also meant that he often lost yards doing it, since blocking concepts weren't really designed at the time to support "dual threat" QBs.  Thus leading to artificially inflated sack stats for Cunningham.

I always liked, too, that Cunningham had a plan for avoiding hard contact.  Sure, that plan was "I'll leave my feet, so when they hit me I won't blow out a knee."  Which sucked, as evidenced by the fact that he blew out his knee.  But at least he had a plan, so he had that going for him, which was nice...

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

No small part of that, though, was because he was a "dual threat" running QB in a league where running QBs were all but unheard of (who preceded him?  Tarkenton and Staubach?  Contemporary with Young and Elway, predated the "prototypes" of McNabb and Vick.)  Which really meant, in the context of the game at the time, he was less a "dual threat" than a QB who scrambled really, really well and often gained yards doing it.  Which also meant that he often lost yards doing it, since blocking concepts weren't really designed at the time to support "dual threat" QBs.  Thus leading to artificially inflated sack stats for Cunningham.

I always liked, too, that Cunningham had a plan for avoiding hard contact.  Sure, that plan was "I'll leave my feet, so when they hit me I won't blow out a knee."  Which sucked, as evidenced by the fact that he blew out his knee.  But at least he had a plan, so he had that going for him, which was nice...

Well, other than it not working, it had the side benefit of getting g him involved in some truly remarkable collisions as he had no leverage while airborn to keep from going sailing.  Which was also nice from an entertainment standpoint. 

Oh, boy, Cunningham's gonna get creamed!  Yup, he got creamed.

Crap Throwing Clavin
42 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Still maybe the most athletic play I've ever seen.  Carl Banks was insanely underrated because he played opposite LT.

For me, this is still his greatest play.