Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo at Kansas City: Week 5 Game Week Thread

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
55 minutes ago, Ann said:

I cannot blame them for feeling confident, the Chiefs won the last two. That, and if they lose this one, the KC season could blowup quickly.

Confident, yes.  But fans of a team who are 2-2 against four playoff-caliber teams should not be that cocky going up against another playoff caliber team.

(Yes, I know one of those teams was the 1-3 Eagles.  In their exploding whale of a division, they're a playoff-caliber team.)

• Like 1

If the real Josh shows up as well as the new D, then The Bills should overcome the KC O’s significant prowess. Josh and his receivers could have a pretty good night against the KC backfield. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

If the real Josh shows up as well as the new D, then The Bills should overcome the KC O’s significant prowess. Josh and his receivers could have a pretty good night against the KC backfield. 

I feel the same way.  Mahomes and Allen /O's at the top of their game cancel each other out and the better Defense should win the game.

After the Steelers game I'm not getting all cocky Nanker, but I like Buffalo's chances

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
21 minutes ago, Foxx said:

While Klein is not Milano, he has a displayed a decent game in his time here. Hopefully he has his share of plays Sunday night.

https://twitter.com/JonScottTV/status/1446193845054623749

Once the coaches realized Klein was the slowest guy on the team and thus unable to do what MM does within the scheme, he was pretty good last year. Means TE is going to need another big game.

• Like 3

Win this week and I think the odds of making the playoffs are something like, >92% (even if we lose it is still something like, >87%).

Buffalo Bills would take commanding lead in race for AFC 1 seed with win

The Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs finished number 2 and number 1 in the AFC playoff rankings last year, respectively. Even though it’s just Week 5, this game has massive implications down the line for playoff seeding once again.

The Bills have a very easy remaining schedule based on current record of opponents. Three AFC 1-3 teams account for five total games out of the remaining 13. In fact, only two teams remaining on their schedule have winning records right now; Tampa Bay and Carolina (if you can believe it). If they can beat the Chiefs, they will win any tiebreakers over them and put themselves three games up on Kansas City in the race for the one seed.

Football Outsiders says that if Buffalo wins, they earn the bye and the 1 seed in more than 50% of their season simulations. ...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Win this week and I think the odds of making the playoffs are something like, >92% (even if we lose it is still something like, >87%).

Buffalo Bills would take commanding lead in race for AFC 1 seed with win

The Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs finished number 2 and number 1 in the AFC playoff rankings last year, respectively. Even though it’s just Week 5, this game has massive implications down the line for playoff seeding once again.

The Bills have a very easy remaining schedule based on current record of opponents. Three AFC 1-3 teams account for five total games out of the remaining 13. In fact, only two teams remaining on their schedule have winning records right now; Tampa Bay and Carolina (if you can believe it). If they can beat the Chiefs, they will win any tiebreakers over them and put themselves three games up on Kansas City in the race for the one seed.

Football Outsiders says that if Buffalo wins, they earn the bye and the 1 seed in more than 50% of their season simulations. ...

So it’s a big game, a really big game… a really, really big game. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/7/2021 at 7:59 AM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

(Yes, I know one of those teams was the 1-3 Eagles.  In their exploding whale of a division, they're a playoff-caliber team.)

Note that the Eagles did not punt the entire game vs. the Chefs. Jalen Hurts threw for almost 400 yards and the team ran for another 100. And that's after they sacked Hurts three times.

We'll see what happens when they play a better Bills defense.

The biggest issue will be Allen not starting off the game as Sugar High Josh. He loves these big lights.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Note that the Eagles did not punt the entire game vs. the Chefs. Jalen Hurts threw for almost 400 yards and the team ran for another 100. And that's after they sacked Hurts three times.

We'll see what happens when they play a better Bills defense.

The biggest issue will be Allen not starting off the game as Sugar High Josh. He loves these big lights.

I think one of the biggest keys to victory aside from Defense is can Josh Allen control the nerves. Don't get me wrong , I think Allen has done a good job settling himself down IMO. Playing the Chiefs just leaves less room for error. Patrick Mahomes is very consistent and next to impossible to rattle.  If I'm Daboll I'm starting the game run heavy. Allow Allen the chance to settle down a little. Smash mouth them early with the short passing game mixed in. Slow, methodical drives keeps Mahomes on the bench and the D well rested. The Buffalo Bills have proven their long drive efficiency and need to implement it early and often IMO I think what makes them so good is the O's ability to get bigger chunks of yardage when needed.

Score or not the KC high powered O cannot hurt you sitting on the bench.

Diggs I think has such a great friendship with his QB. I can't help , but wonder If Allen could use 30 minute alone time with the elite WR before games to help calm the nerves.  

Edited by Figster
  • Like 2