Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NFL Emails Scandal (Gruden thread expanded)

MothersMilk

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

Based on making fun of a physical feature of someone 10 years ago when he wasn’t employed by the Raiders or NFL? 

The blurb on MNF said something about additional emails, maybe those were worse? 

You're missing the way that stuff plays in the locker room.  75% or more of those guys have heard that shit in their lives and he can pretend it wasn't racist... but it was.  Chuckie wasn't 15 years old 10 years ago.

I'm sure there was plenty more, including stuff he said about the owners and NFL office.  I was surprised he wasn't asked to resign.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not at all surprised.  

Yep. 

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

Based on making fun of a physical feature of someone 10 years ago when he wasn’t employed by the Raiders or NFL? 

The blurb on MNF said something about additional emails, maybe those were worse? 

I guess they said the NYT uncovered more racist and misogynistic emails besides the original. 

This is 2021, he was doomed from the start.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

I guess they said the NYT uncovered more racist and misogynistic emails besides the original. 

And anti-gay emails. “He insulted a whole host of people.”

46 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

Yep. 

Yep.  On the MNF HT Show Shefter said there were those but that there also were e-mails that spanned 7 years and additionally included homophobic ones and that he didn't just disparage Smith but also Goodell.

Way to throw away $60MM friggin' (apparently quite prejudicial) dumb arse.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

This is the best possible thing that could have happened Derek Carr.

And the worst for Nathan Peterman.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Cheers 2

We're really scraping the bottom of the grievance barrel here, but when you need to rage against racism where no meaningful racism exists, you take what you can get, I suppose.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, NCBillsFan said:

Yep. 

Ha, uncovered. I’m not so sure that label fits since the NFL just handed them over to the times. Big investigation into Washington and all that happens is another owner being helped out of a horrible contract. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robs House said:

We're really scraping the bottom of the grievance barrel here, but when you need to rage against racism where no meaningful racism exists, you take what you can get, I suppose.

I don't know that I saw any racism in the emails. 

I definitely saw the misogyny.

Listen men...I don't care who you are, you just don't call women bitches. Even if that woman is Roger Goodell.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Gruden forced out the door for decade-old emails.

Rapist QB still in league in Houston.

Wonder why this is?

To be fair Roethlisberger has been accused of raping women and he still plays in the league.  I don't know if Ben's accusations have been investigated to the point where things have been dismissed but there would be a chitstorm if Watson was forced out while Ben played and whispers persisted.  

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like 2

You know things are going well when America gets "Kaepernick" to trend on Twitter by explaining to everyone how the Gruden emails prove Kaep was right.

I genuinely hope a day comes when someone gives Kaep a chance to play in the NFL so the world can see the real reason he isn't on a roster.

Because he sucks at QB.