Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Chiefs Week 5: The Aftermath

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin

535 has their updated Elo rankings out.  Bills are #1, with a ranking of 1690.  +33 over last week, which is the second-highest change (Bears are +34 this week, thanks to...not completely sucking).   Bucs are 1664.

Those are the traditional (not QB adjusted) Elo rankings.  The QB adjusted rankings (which I dislike), Bills are #1 at 1679 (+43 above last week, highest change), over the Bucs at 1672.

They also predict the Bills to have a 44% chance of a first-round bye, and 19% chance of winning the Superbowl right now.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nfl-predictions/

By way of comparison, this time last year, the highest-ranked team was...the Chiefs.  1688, with a 15% chance of winning the Superbowl.  And the Bucs...1550, with a 3% chance.  So these numbers aren't worthless in week 5...but clearly aren't deterministic, either.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 4

Now that was a fun game! (Aside from the clueless talking heads.)

Don’t look now NFL, but the road to the Super Bowl has a high probability of going through Buffalo.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

Nights like this are the reason I never left this team's side.

Josh's "Minnesota Jump" to get that first down was THE moment of the game. When you watch this happen, you know...this team ain't losing tonight.

Great win. Helluva win. Franchising-changing win. I shit you not, one of the biggest wins in all my Bills years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 3
  • Love 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

The Bills are now net 108 points. :jaw:

And tonight's game dropped their average margin of victory to "only" 21.6.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I shit you not, one of the biggest wins in all my Bills years.

1990 AFC Championship Game was still the biggest for me.  Still remember a friend of mine saying, halfway through the second quarter, "I feel sorry for the Raiders, they have to stay at this game for a full 60 minutes."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I am STILL furious about the officiating in this game.  I'm not sure I've ever been this mad about a win. 

It didn’t matter but the OPI or whatever on Sanders was mind boggling.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Nights like this are the reason I never left this team's side.

Josh's "Minnesota Jump" to get that first down was THE moment of the game. When you watch this happen, you know...this team ain't losing tonight.

Great win. Helluva win. Franchising-changing win. I shit you not, one of the biggest wins in all my Bills years.

Watching that leap couldn't help but think that Minny LB had to be saying "thank God, he finally did it to somebody else, maybe now they'll leave me alone."

Hoping Collinsturd lost his mortgage payment on this game.  That's the ONLY acceptable excuse for him being so blatantly pro-Chefs.

Liked how on the Morse "holding" call that Al Michaels says soft "really?" only to be followed by Collinsturd's "oh, yeah, that's a clear hold" (or something to that effect).  

• Like 6
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And tonight's game dropped their average margin of victory to "only" 21.6.

It also brought the porous defense up to giving up nearly 13 points per game.  Good thing they've got an O that can usually cover that.  (A lot of years during the drought that was a tough slog for the O to get to.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

1990 AFC Championship Game was still the biggest for me.  Still remember a friend of mine saying, halfway through the second quarter, "I feel sorry for the Raiders, they have to stay at this game for a full 60 minutes."

No question, that was massive. But I didn't turn that game on worried that the Bills would get their ass kicked.

This game was a "Beat them now or chase them forever" kind of game. Over-embellishing, no doubt, but I've watched enough football to know your window to win is razor thin. This is the Bills window, and they have the benefit of seeing what happens when you can score at will all season long, but may face someone who can stop you in the biggest game.

I'm starting to think this team can win it all this year.

No. I'm not shitting you.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 2