Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywood on Strike... er, maybe not.

Deranged Rhino

1 hour ago, Koko said:

I'm confused.

The article says, "Very few people handled that gun prior to the incident, but one was armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed. In a search warrant executed by the Sheriff’s office and obtained by Fox News, Gutierrez Reed noted that there should have been no live ammunition on the set at all."

To which the following followed, "Speaking on the "Today" show Thursday, Sheriff Mendoza was asked if that statement is accurate given the evidence that has been collected in the case thus far. 

"No, obviously it isn’t," he said. "That was a live round that struck and killed Mrs. Hutchisn, so that is not an accurate statement as far as I’m concerned."

The article is erroneous. It says that the Sherriff said, "there should have been no live ammunition on the set at all.", was not an accurate statement. How can that be an inaccurate statement?

It took me several minutes of hunting things down before I was able to find what his statement was actually in response to. And that would be the, "he said" link from above which is a Tweet of his appearance on the Today show. To wit: Hannah Gutierrez stated that, "No live ammo is ever kept on set" and it is that statement to which the Sheriff gave his response.

This, is why I hate media. 

• Like 1

Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

"Investigators found 500 rounds of ammunition, including a mix of blanks, dummy rounds and what appeared to be live rounds."

Holy shit.  That's insane.

Yeah. I admit that I don't know crap about movie making, but I cannot imagine any scenario where it's ever a good idea to have live cartridges (with actual bullets) on a movie set.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Koko said:

Yeah. I admit that I don't know crap about movie making, but I cannot imagine any scenario where it's ever a good idea to have live cartridges (with actual bullets) on a movie set.

There is no scenario anywhere that mixing blanks and live rounds together is a good idea.  That's unbelievable.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:10 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

There is no scenario anywhere that mixing blanks and live rounds together is a good idea.  That's unbelievable.

It's also all about the narrative.

From today's NYT news summary:

During a scene for the movie, “Rust,” Baldwin reached across his chest, drew a revolver from a shoulder holster and moved it toward the camera, when it went off, killing the cinematographer. 

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, GG1 said:

So, those anti 2nd Amendment scolds were right?  Guns do trigger & fire themselves.  Hope they melt that psychotic prop pistol down before it kills again.

Can we the taxpayers pay for that noble and nonhypocritical Alec Baldwin to get therapy for having been used in that pistol's psychotic plans so cruelly?

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, GG1 said:

"The gun went off" isn't even the most ridiculous framing I've seen.  How about "the ammunition flew out of the gun."

• Like 1

TtownBillsFan
On 10/17/2021 at 7:27 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

OP from the other thread: 

Don't give a single DAMN about your union, or their working conditions.  I'm a fan of at-will work, and I either take a job, or I don't, based upon what's being asked of me, the individual.  I wish the best for you, but am not a fan of union bargaining;  as it unfairly raises he wages of those that don't deserve it, and stifles the wages (if I were a bargaining employee) of those deserving of more.

I get that you're in an industry that might 'need' it, but, by that argument, wouldn't all?  I say, NO!  You earn what you get, and if you're worth it, you get it.  Otherwise, piss off.  But I understand my argument here, especially against some, isn't going to be liked.  Just know, I wish you the best that you can get as an individual.

• Like 1

TtownBillsFan
Just now, TtownBillsFan said:

Don't give a single DAMN about your union, or their working conditions.  I'm a fan of at-will work, and I either take a job, or I don't, based upon what's being asked of me, the individual.  I wish the best for you, but am not a fan of union bargaining;  as it unfairly raises he wages of those that don't deserve it, and stifles the wages (if I were a bargaining employee) of those deserving of more.

I get that you're in an industry that might 'need' it, but, by that argument, wouldn't all?  I say, NO!  You earn what you get, and if you're worth it, you get it.  Otherwise, piss off.  But I understand my argument here, especially against some, isn't going to be liked.  Just know, I wish you the best that you can get as an individual.

I'd suggest ya'll ALL go on strike against anything union, and ya'll, then, earn a job based upon merit.  Like everyone else does.  THEN, and only then, will you earn a job on merit, and not on BS union 'needs'.  If you want to prove your merit/worth, that's how you do it.

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

Let's face it...............Alec Baldwin is the "real" victim here.

The woman may have given her life, and the director his health, but they can rest assured that Mr. Baldwin will face an almost certain award from the Hollywood elite for this tragedy!

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Let's face it...............Alec Baldwin is the "real" victim here.

It's not exactly a zero-sum game.  I can feel sympathy for Baldwin, who I'm sure is pretty broken up over this, while simultaneously feeling more sympathy for the cinematographer and her family.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's not exactly a zero-sum game.  I can feel sympathy for Baldwin, who I'm sure is pretty broken up over this, while simultaneously feeling more sympathy for the cinematographer and her family.

Agree. I could never imagine what it is like to live with this accident. When I was 11 or 12 years old I was shooting my moms cousins .357 with .38 caliber loads. Not by myself obviously but many of us together. When I shot all of the 4 shots I thought were loaded I turned around to hand the gun to my dad who swiftly pulled it from my hand and read me the riot act because it could have been still loaded. Told me to ALWAYS fire one more time down range in a revolver more then I think is loaded. As he said that he pulled up and sent one more round down range. To this day, some 39-40 years later I think of this every time I handle one of my weapons. Had mr Baldwin spent time learning how to properly handle a gun rather than ranting against them this accident would have never happened.

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 3

Deranged Rhino
On 11/1/2021 at 9:09 AM, TtownBillsFan said:

Oh, don’t mistake my position. I’m not a huge fan of unions, especially mine 😂 The crew unions (for electric, carpentry, transpo et al) are all (still) mobbed up. But at least they have juice. My personal union  is great for health insurance but nothing else. They don’t do anything for me in terms of getting work or protecting my interests on the job. I once tried to lodge a union complaint because of a particular experience I had with a shady producer who shorted me about half a years pay — but they sided with the producer (and a different union) in the end because he had “clout” and I didn’t (that’s really what they told me). 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 3

TtownBillsFan
12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oh, don’t mistake my position. I’m not a huge fan of unions, especially mine 😂 The crew unions (for electric, carpentry, transpo et al) are all (still) mobbed up. But at least they have juice. My personal union  is great for health insurance but nothing else. They don’t do anything for me in terms of getting work or protecting my interests on the job. I once tried to lodge a union complaint because of a particular experience I had with a shady producer who shorted me about half a years pay — but they sided with the producer (and a different union) in the end because he had “clout” and I didn’t (that’s really what they told me). 

Hey DR, sorry, I was ON FIRE (drunk as a skunk!!!) when I was sending all of that.  I'm no fan of unions, all from personal experience, but I was well out over my skis with what I was saying there.  My apologies for being an arse, and thanks for taking it in stride.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

— but they sided with the producer (and a different union) in the end because he had “clout” and I didn’t (that’s really what they told me). 

You did remind them that the whole point of unions is the exact opposite of this, right?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

George Clooney calls Alec Baldwin’s deadly ‘Rust’ shooting ‘insane’

... The “Ocean’s Eleven” star said that despite having “been on sets for 40 years,” he has never heard of some of the apparent safety measures Baldwin’s Western had used on the deadly set.

“First of all, I’ve never heard the term ‘cold gun,'” he said of the doomed safe word that Baldwin believed meant the Colt .45 he fired would not have live bullets.

“I’ve never heard that term. Literally, they’re just talking about stuff I’ve never heard of. It’s just infuriating,” he said.

Clooney, 60, also insisted that even after getting the all clear, every actor then takes additional steps to personally ensure the weapon is not loaded before they actually fire on set.

“Every single time I’m handed a gun on a set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it to, we show it to the crew,” he told Maron.

“Everyone does it. Everybody knows,” he said. ...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Foxx said:

George Clooney calls Alec Baldwin’s deadly ‘Rust’ shooting ‘insane’

... The “Ocean’s Eleven” star said that despite having “been on sets for 40 years,” he has never heard of some of the apparent safety measures Baldwin’s Western had used on the deadly set.

“First of all, I’ve never heard the term ‘cold gun,'” he said of the doomed safe word that Baldwin believed meant the Colt .45 he fired would not have live bullets.

“I’ve never heard that term. Literally, they’re just talking about stuff I’ve never heard of. It’s just infuriating,” he said.

Clooney, 60, also insisted that even after getting the all clear, every actor then takes additional steps to personally ensure the weapon is not loaded before they actually fire on set.

“Every single time I’m handed a gun on a set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it to, we show it to the crew,” he told Maron.

“Everyone does it. Everybody knows,” he said. ...

sounds like Baldwin may have orchestrated a pre-meditated murder

• 3 weeks later...