Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Titans Week 6: The Aftermath

Ann

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

I can't disagree with this.  Cleveland's run game has me worried some but Baker is more likely to throw picks/do dumb things than Tannyhill.

Forget Cleveland. Baltimore is gonna go ike Turner on this defense

1 minute ago, Meazza said:

I’m aware that it’s a long season and that’s why this is the kind of game that the bills had to win.  You get close enough to take the lead but when you’re on the road, you go for three.

That’s how I see it.  

That is literally the exact opposite of all conventional wisdom.

If you can't get 18 inches, you deserve to lose.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Forget Cleveland. Baltimore is gonna go ike Turner on this defense

The Bills D is better built for Baltimore than Tennessee.

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That is literally the exact opposite of all conventional wisdom.

If you can't get 18 inches, you deserve to lose.

How confident were they that they could get that play?  Was the line getting anywhere ? 

They probably would have been better off throwing it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Oh, the defense was massively disappointing (again) against this team.  This game was a return to 2020 on D.

But Josh never really looked comfortable or in command.  Lot of plays left on the field tonight. 

This game was far more frustrating than the Pittsburgh loss.

It wasn't for me.  This was exactly the game I expected.  It was a playoff game between 2 good teams and was going to come down to whoever had the ball last. 

TN got off to a slow start but that's a good, physical football team playing at home.  We had a chance to win...but we came up short and that sucks. 

• Like 2

Darn shame they couldn't get at least 1 TD on those 1st 2 drives and that Poyer couldn't battle through the hold on the 1st Henry TD.  If either of those happen this is a very different game.

Also disappointing that with the coaching staff intentionally getting the DL as strong against the run as they could get that they got gouged so badly by Henry.

Milano looked like the injury was still bothering him.  Hindsight, should've held him out 1 more game to have 2 more full weeks of healing on top of the past 2.

Josh didn't have his A game at all.

Not sure what Tennessee did different to get Brown so open in the 2nd 1/2.  Guess the unsuccessful attempts to stop Henry from gouging them let him do it also.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Meazza said:

How confident were they that they could get that play?  Was the line getting anywhere ? 

No argument there.  I didn't like either the decision or the direction.  He also didn't have his feet set underneath him.

I have no issue with putting the ball in Allen's hands to win the game.  I just hate QB sneaks against beef. especially when the game is on the line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

WE DIDN'T STOP A DRIVE FOR OVER FORTY MINUTES.

I’m aware of that.  I’m still taking that chance. It’s a chance just like going for it was. It isn’t like you’re advocating for something that worked.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Darn shame they couldn't get at least 1 TD on those 1st 2 drives and that Poyer couldn't battle through the hold on the 1st Henry TD.  If either of those happen this is a very different game.

Also disappointing that with the coaching staff intentionally getting the DL as strong against the run as they could get that they got gouged so badly by Henry.

Milano looked like the injury was still bothering him.  Hindsight, should've held him out 1 more game to have 2 more full weeks of healing on top of the past 2.

Not sure what Tennessee did different to get Brown so open in the 2nd 1/2.  Guess the unsuccessful attempts to stop Henry from gouging them let him do it also.

TN was using Henry to suck up the LBers/second level DBs and then throwing over them. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, snafu said:

I’m aware of that.  I’m still taking that chance. It’s a chance just like going for it was. It isn’t like you’re advocating for something that worked.

My problem is the play, not the decision.  You're acting like there's no data available that says our defense couldn't make a play...when it's literally what ALL the data says.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Like 60-65% 353 and 3 TD isn't his best game? Nah man, Josh was fine behind a weak OL and despite some questionable play calling

The NFL should just abolish kickoffs and spot the ball at the 25 after a score. They have watered them down to eliminate injuries, and when there is a return (for a TD) they call a hold that happens on nearly every return that also typically, like tonight, has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the return.

Edited by NCBillsFan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Yeah, I wondered why they didn’t. Time was almost gone, one TO left… shoot to score and let your coverage team worry about the 12 seconds left at kickoff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The RZ offense hasn't been good all year.  I don't feel great about the RZ defense but there's not much data to go off because we've played teams that struggle to score (except KC).  I think they're probably not all that great either.

I don't think the decision to go heavy DL worked very well today.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Like 60-65% 353 and 3 TD isn't his best game? Nah man, Josh was fine behind a weak OL and despite some questionable play calling

I don't think the play calling was a problem, either.  The sack on the second to last drive was all on Josh.  He had a nice gain available to his right but chose to try to be greedy.  That was dumb as shit.

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The RZ offense hasn't been good all year.  I don't feel great about the RZ defense but there's not much data to go off because we've played teams that struggle to score (except KC).  I think they're probably not all that great either.

I don't think the decision to go heavy DL worked very well today.

The heavy D line definitely backfired as Henry still had enough big plays to make up for the times he was contained & Tannehill was barely touched all game.

• Like 2