Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Extreme Weather

Foxx

9 hours ago, Foxx said:

I know this is a perfect opportunity for a Baker joke but... Mayfield got destroyed.

I get it as a joke for sure... but looking around it is devastating. I feel really bad for these people. I'm in the hurricane zone every year but at least we can track that mofo coming, they had no idea for the most part.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Foxx said:

I can't believe how windy it is here. Not just gusts but sustained winds.

We got real bad starting at about 7pm last night. Winds hit 75mph gusts at that point. I was watching my windows and glass doors flex. My son that works for NYSEG in Plattsburgh said the storm for them was coming rom the south which is the worse because they have 200 miles of lake Champlain to contend with. As of last evening he was helping with restoration of over 10k customers. was not much they could do with those wind speeds except wait it out

• Like 2

That was some wind last night. We have this heavy bench on our patio and it is tipped over (into the fire pit so it went no further). At some point, I'll have to go out and gather all the branches that came down.

I thought the rain at the beach sounded a little heavy 30 minutes ago. Turned out once it got light we had a small hail storm. Still a dusting on the ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

That was some wind last night. We have this heavy bench on our patio and it is tipped over (into the fire pit so it went no further). At some point, I'll have to go out and gather all the branches that came down.

Went out and checked all properties today. Other than a portion of a ridge vent needed to be repaired, thankfully just a bunch of limbs and leaves blown around.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Went out and checked all properties today. Other than a portion of a ridge vent needed to be repaired, thankfully just a bunch of limbs and leaves blown around.

Just small limbs down here.  I spent a fair portion of yesterday afternoon on a shed roof inspecting roof panels.  Not in good shape anyways but I pounded about ten pounds of nails in just to keep any weak spots from prematurely failing.  The prediction going into last nights storm was maximum gusts of 45-50 MPH locally.

• Like 2

It has been siting vacant for about 40 years. That is just about across the street from Riverworks on Gannon Street.  There was an elevator on the Buffalo River that collapsed  sometime since 2014. Was also sitting empty for years.

Edited by Wacka

Beer__League__Hockey
Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

Why? That seems really dumb.

Historical landmark.  Pretty much the only reason.

Not as dumb as turning it into luxury condos, which is an idea I remember from years ago.  Who the &#%$ wants to live in an old grain elevator? 

Beer__League__Hockey
6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Not as dumb as turning it into luxury condos, which is an idea I remember from years ago.  Who the &#%$ wants to live in an old grain elevator? 

Dumb, tear it down.

17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Why not? They do the same with the old cigar factories down here and they look great.

42 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

My uncle used to subscribe to a farm magazine many years ago.  I recall one article around 35 years ago about a smaller dairy farm silo converted into a living unit.  The top "floor" was more than half way above the top edge of the silo.  Many windows and skylights installed to see beyond a mile away on the ground.  Another article again involving an old dairy farm silo was made into an office building for the owner of a small construction firm.  Would not be my thing but to each their own I guess.