Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Extreme Weather

Foxx

MothersMilk
7 hours ago, Ann said:

I have mentioned to many people since we have been down here when I get the “hot enough for you?” that all areas have at six crappy months of weather. Not one person has disagreed.

I'd go 5 for Florida... June through October, at least Bills Football takes the sting out of the last two.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
8 hours ago, Ann said:

I have mentioned to many people since we have been down here when I get the “hot enough for you?” that all areas have at six crappy months of weather. Not one person has disagreed.

I’ve never lived in a warm weather climate so I wouldn’t know if I’d ever get tired of it. 

8 hours ago, Ann said:

We don't, but there are no shortage of other issues to make up for it.

On 6/24/2022 at 11:15 PM, KD in CA said:

We don't, but there are no shortage of other issues to make up for it.

Lake Mead is soon to be a pond.

• 1 month later...
RochesterRob

The National Weather Service out of Buffalo has issued a Tornado Watch for SE Wyoming County and SW Livingston County for this morning.  Sorry, that I did not hear all the details but I am sure that a person can click on a website to find out more.  All those in the mentioned areas please keep an eye to the sky and check in with a reliable information source.

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Wow... right at the border of Wyoming and Livingston. I can say that in all of the time I lived back home I never heard of a tornado anywhere around. Or an earthquake... there was one in Attica a few years back.

I would say that within the last decade, there seems to be more and more warnings and actual touch downs. Before that though, I'm with you, don't think I can ever remember (I'm sure there were though) having heard of a tornado warning.

As for earthquakes, we have had two in the last decade if memory serves correctly.

ExiledInIllinois
10 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

Wow... right at the border of Wyoming and Livingston. I can say that in all of the time I lived back home I never heard of a tornado anywhere around. Or an earthquake... there was one in Attica a few years back.

10 hours ago, Foxx said:

I would say that within the last decade, there seems to be more and more warnings and actual touch downs. Before that though, I'm with you, don't think I can ever remember (I'm sure there were though) having heard of a tornado warning.

As for earthquakes, we have had two in the last decade if memory serves correctly.

Sure there has... This is the famous one:

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/history/july-30-1987-tornado-smashes-into-cheektowaga/article_d8ee4f5c-9170-5d2a-9d45-53a5776305ab.html

Cheektowaga, 1987...

Of course today... We have better spotting and reporting. More ways to communicate. 

5ef343b6d8343.image.jpg?resize=722,500

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

MothersMilk

Some of the reports/video's I've seen coming out of Kentucky are mindblowing and heartbreaking. From what I've seen there will be more rain.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sure there has... This is the famous one:

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/history/july-30-1987-tornado-smashes-into-cheektowaga/article_d8ee4f5c-9170-5d2a-9d45-53a5776305ab.html

Cheektowaga, 1987...

Of course today... We have better spotting and reporting. More ways to communicate. 

5ef343b6d8343.image.jpg?resize=722,500

I remember that one.  Lightning knocked out the weather radar at the airport.  Meteorologists were just hanging out, looking out the windows, and one said "Hey, is that a tornado?"  They got the warning out just as it touched down.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Some of the reports/video's I've seen coming out of Kentucky are mindblowing and heartbreaking. From what I've seen there will be more rain.

I saw where St. Louis got 9 inches in a short period of time. 7.68 inches in just 6 hours.

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Someone bid $50m to scrap them all in-place.  $2.5m/boat.  Figure maybe 15,000 tons of metals recovered.

Pre-1945 metals.  Low-background, uncontaminated by atmospheric radiation from nuclear testing.  Worth maybe $5/lb.

Somebody's making bank off this.

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
30 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Someone bid $50m to scrap them all in-place.  $2.5m/boat.  Figure maybe 15,000 tons of metals recovered.

Pre-1945 metals.  Low-background, uncontaminated by atmospheric radiation from nuclear testing.  Worth maybe $5/lb.

Somebody's making bank off this.

Are you thinking what I’m thinking ? 

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Are you thinking what I’m thinking ? 

Nazi steel is racist and treasonous?