Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Well, there are all kinds of immigration, including legal and illegal, of which was my reasoning behind the title. But, I am not married to it so feel free to change it if you like.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Well, there are all kinds of immigration, including legal and illegal, of which was my reasoning behind the title. But, I am not married to it so feel free to change it if you like.

I'd keep it as is.  Just because we're starting it with a post on a migrant crowd of illegal immigrants-to-be doesn't mean the thread will be limited to that.

Wonder how many of them are vaccinated?  Wonder if they have to show proof of vaccination to enter the country, the same way I have to, to keep my job after Thanksgiving.

16 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

...the same way I have to, to keep my job after Thanksgiving.

I certainly hope it works out for you. Crazy days we are living in.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

I certainly hope it works out for you. Crazy days we are living in.

I've already decided not to provide my vaccination records, and take this to court.  

I mean...didn't we go through this shit with AIDS 30 years ago?

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

46 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I've already decided not to provide my vaccination records, and take this to court.  

NYS requires Vaccination records or must test weekly for all Corrections officers. I can say that one jail and wont mention it here was with 250 Correction Officers in non-compliance last week. Many that got vaccinated refused to turn in cards and the testers took their liberties to be late. I believe all of the prisons fell along the same line. They cant get people to take the job now because they have allowed the inmates to run the place. This should be interesting to watch. 

Edited by Fansince88

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

NYS requires Vaccination records or must test weekly. I can say that one jail and wont mention it here was with 250 Correction Officers in non-compliance last week. Many that got vaccinated refused to turn in cards and the testers took their liberties to be late. I believe all of the prisons fell along the same line. They cant get people to take the job now because they have allowed the inmates to run the place. This should be interesting to watch. 

But none of this is immigration, of course.

27 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

But none of this is immigration, of course.

Just edited my reply in the first sentence. This is for all NYS Corrections officers. About 70% have not vaccinated and they are standing their ground. I refuse to comply myself. it is beyond safety or health to me and well into standing under principle. We are at the Tea in the Boston Harbor point IMHO. 

Migrants push past southern Mexican border city en route to US

New York Post, by Jesse O'Neill

Original Article

Thousands of migrants mostly from Central America broke out of the Mexican southern border city of Tapachula and continued their march toward the US, more than 1,000 miles away.Over 2,000 migrants pushed past a line of state authorities who were positioned to block their progress. Some minor scuffles left a small child injured.The migrants — some of who were carrying American flags and signs with President Joe Biden’s name — walked to a nearby town to camp on a baseball field for the night, according to Fox News.

23 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

strange- I seem to recall a connection with certain CDC personnel

Everyone bitches and claims our immigration system is broken.... I agree, when it costs thousands, and sometimes take years to come here LEGALLY, the system is broken. 

But how the hell does opening up the borders for ILLEGAL immigration fix the LEGAL immigration system so many are stuck in?

Billsandhorns
12 hours ago, Cinga said:

Everyone bitches and claims our immigration system is broken.... I agree, when it costs thousands, and sometimes take years to come here LEGALLY, the system is broken. 

But how the hell does opening up the borders for ILLEGAL immigration fix the LEGAL immigration system so many are stuck in?

It doesn't, it overloads the system and breaks it further

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 10/24/2021 at 9:18 PM, Cinga said:

seems the borders are open to everyone but Haitians-

who the US is aggreessively hunting down to deport

I have a tenet who is a legal immigrant that is having to leave the US at the end of the month. His company screwed up his visa renewal, in that they waited to long to make the application. He is going to go to Canada where he will have to reside for 15 months, as long as the process goes smoothly, before he can come back. 

At least this is what he is relaying to me.

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I have a tenet who is a legal immigrant that is having to leave the US at the end of the month. His company screwed up his visa renewal, in that they waited to long to make the application. He is going to go to Canada where he will have to reside for 15 months, as long as the process goes smoothly, before he can come back. 

At least this is what he is relaying to me.

He should be able to remain in the country until the expiration date on his I-94 card, whenever that is.  He also may be able to petition for an extension, since the denial/expiry of his work visa was due to administrative error (namely: his employer being a dumbass) and not an adjudicated denial. 

I'm personally not assuming he's pursued all avenues - you'd think so, as simply as I stated it, but immigration regulations are ridiculously byzantine, and work visas most of all.  You'd know more than I about his situation, of course.

It also might be too late now, since there's one work day left in the month.